• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Stuff that ends in fair..... A Sheik Social Thread!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It's proportional to the amount of free time I have. I barely play around exam time, otherwise I try to play for at least 20 minutes a day and attend fests when they pop up.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
back when i had a TON of motivation for the game, i used to play 6-8 hours a day with Oro!?, ORLY, LoOshKiN and others. Totaled to 40+ hours a week. This lasted for a solid 6 months then dropped about in half for another 6 months or so.
same here. 4-6 hours a day was average for my whole freshman year.

now it's closer to 2-3 hours a week, if I play at all.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
not that i dont do that in game, but i had a dream a few nights ago where i dash attacked u smash killed

Such joy permeates even the somnolent psyche

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I had no idea you could combo into sheik's chain. I thought her forward+b was pretty useless.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I actually like the Puff match-up. It feels like it's all shielding, tilting and waiting at the right times, and she's slow enough where it's not so much trouble reacting to it.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Good thing puff's crouch starts first frame. :3c (she reaches the lowest point by the 4th frame)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I actually like the Puff match-up. It feels like it's all shielding, tilting and waiting at the right times, and she's slow enough where it's not so much trouble reacting to it.
The problem is that its hard to land a tilt on puff if they just keep retreating aerials on your shield. When I played Vanz I had a hard time knowing what to do vs it. I would often just WD oos but it didn't really do anything. Man I'm lazy to figure things out

:phone:

t3h Icy

Smash Master
If Jigglypuff spams aerials, just slowly approach with your shield until you either force Jigglypuff to do something else, you're able to safely Ftilt, or she gets to the edge of the stage. Sheik's crap aerial movement doesn't really help against Puff who has the best, so just stay grounded.

Of course though, Vanz is a stronger player than the Puffs here.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well pushing puff off stage isn't exactly an advantageous position for you.

It also doesn't take much for puff to just use a nair to cross you up or just use like 4 of her jumps and get around you.

I need a more general match up idea to fight her eh.

I had an idea I would like to try vs puff but well... seeing as there's no one to play :(

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The problem is that its hard to land a tilt on puff if they just keep retreating aerials on your shield. When I played Vanz I had a hard time knowing what to do vs it. I would often just WD oos but it didn't really do anything. Man I'm lazy to figure things out

:phone:
No joke, roll towards them and utilt

Top Bottom