• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

w!zard

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i was extending your joke by leaving out brawl!!!

look what you made me do. i said the b word

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Okay 2 questions

For nair on falco, should it only be used when they are trying to cc? Because your guide says fair spam but you say nair spam

Strategy for sheik, should I go for risky rests if I don't know if I can get them or not (Peach)? Or should I play it safe?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Okay 2 questions

For nair on falco, should it only be used when they are trying to cc? Because your guide says fair spam but you say nair spam

Strategy for sheik, should I go for risky rests if I don't know if I can get them or not (Peach)? Or should I play it safe?
When they are CCing, bair them and space correctly. Keep your distance so they can't shine you. Nair on falco is excellent when you jump directly at each other in midair. Also, when falco is shielding, go for a nair and try to keep your distance or try to go behind him. nair usually goes through shield cuz of the weird hitbox or priority. Fair is good all around. Just jump in the air towards them and spam fair - they usually jump into it. Fairing above the lasers as you approach is good offense and defense.

For sheik, shuffle a nair right next to them and crouch like a son-of-a-*****. Crouch *****, *****, ***** sheik. If they:

Grab
Jab
side Tilt (if you are at low percent)
spot dodge
uptilt

while you are crouching,

REST the **** out of them.

uptilt rest destroys sheik

shield their dash attack to rest

shuffle drill to crouch to stupid sheik (see above list) leads to rest

back throw off the edge and hit them once, they have to up-b onto the stage, you can edge jump to rest.

yaaaaaahhh

that's all.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Doesn't Sheik sort of lean forward when she jabs. That and her jab is pretty **** long. If she jabs you chances are when the hitbox disappears you'll be too far to rest. Jab is fast too, CCing it alone and reacting is tough enough...I don't think CCing a jab to rest is reliable. Everything else seems fine though.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
lol hungrys advice as mango

falco - nair from behind

shiek - cc rest

raaaaaape! :)

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
so i just made the decision that im gunna start practicing with jiggs. im not totally terrible with her but i admit ive lost to a com with her :\

my main problem is approaching, i kno the spacing b-airs/fairs works well but any other ways would be awsome.

and are jiggs throws as useful as her uthrow on FFs, do they have combo potential?

o and i kno nair is good but i cant use it to save my life, help on that?

Thanks! :D

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I have a

question

If my nipples are flat and not pointy like

falcons

how would I go about

making them

pointy.

Amide

Smash Lord
what do i do

if I like

i almost lose to a bad shiek

i mean a real bad shiek

always falls for CC rest

but i keep getting ***** from

fair and uair spam

help

and hi =D

Tero.

Smash Champion
u

could try

to space

ur bairs and fairs

get her

of the edge

edgehog

and then

raaaaappe

(main problem against sheik is needle spam and spaced bairs and grab -> dhtorw -> aerial)

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
Mang0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Sorry I couldn't make it back to Pat's again D:

Earlier duing the Melee singles I brought this up but.

Peach. I am a complete failure against Peach. I have no approach or idea how do go on an offensive.

Consequently, my defenseive is gh3y if I can't counterattack. The only things I can do right are

Edgeguarding, Platform Rests, and Mang0 Combos. Way too rare. Peach owns my black ***.

HALP! :( (sad face)

Tero.

Smash Champion
haha

peach is like one of the easiest matchups 4 jiggz

u should space bairs, she cant really do anything against that.

fj double bair and dont forget your spacing

and rest her whenever you can

she cant really punish you lol

im not mango tho

Tero.

Smash Champion
dont let her pull turnips ?

personally i play pretty agressiv against peaches
and i think it works pretty good (i played a few pretty good european peaches and did pretty ok)

True Ice

Smash Cadet
Dupending on how lucky the peach is it could be bad but for the most part you are right

Nice combo vid by the wayy

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I will have the box tag and learn to **** and represent puff at CAST4. <333333333

I've been told by some of the best players I've ever played that I have incredible patience and spacing so was reffered to Puff and Mango...so here I am.

To start, I used her YEARS ago but things have changed.

So, in the finals of Pound 3, you use fair alot while 'above' Foxy. I like that. I'm also taking notes on the things like the way you DI with Nairs and Fairs in the air to land in certain positions in certain situations and which aerials to use upon landing such as uairs and bairs and where you are and on what characters. The Nair to fsmash is beaty! Of course bairs, the jab dtilt **** combo, mango ****. I seem to have a knack for landing Mangorape and often rests mid match without actually comboing into it.

I'm concerned with Smamusmy. You say poor Samus, I still say spacing ****. Projectiles, smashes, grab, roll, upb = Samus gets ***** but lots of nairs just get me. Against lots of chars there's a good thing to do a lot of. Like Shieks, Nair ****, Peach, Uair ****, Fox, Fair ****, All, Bair ****, for Samus...Uair? It's tricky with Samus nairs though. And Samus ftilts hurt too. I always seem to run down the clock in matches against good Samusiez cause I don't want to attack but by that time I'm usually losing from some nairs or something and they give me no chance to rest or get inside cause of Nairs and no smashes but missles everywhere. Ducking seems to work for me but still...

Any good vids (against not Hugs cause I watched some lots and he's too good) that show your spacing and DIing aerials ftw?

Edit: I'm first practicing with Puff at MOST2 as warm up for CAST and there's a Samus there! :D

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
I'm concerned with Smamusmy. You say poor Samus, I still say spacing ****. Projectiles, smashes, grab, roll, upb = Samus gets ***** but lots of nairs just get me. Against lots of chars there's a good thing to do a lot of. Like Shieks, Nair ****, Peach, Uair ****, Fox, Fair ****, All, Bair ****, for Samus...Uair? It's tricky with Samus nairs though. And Samus ftilts hurt too. I always seem to run down the clock in matches against good Samusiez cause I don't want to attack but by that time I'm usually losing from some nairs or something and they give me no chance to rest or get inside cause of Nairs and no smashes but missles everywhere. Ducking seems to work for me but still...
Duck more? You can duck her f smash if it isn't angled, but you can't duck the grab =/.

don't worry about the projectiles too much. Nair goes through the missiles. I think King said it can also stop a charged shot?

Resting is actually pretty easy against samus. You can jump over her grab/dsmash and if you time it right you can rest when she u-tilts :>

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Duck more? You can duck her f smash if it isn't angled, but you can't duck the grab =/.

don't worry about the projectiles too much. Nair goes through the missiles. I think King said it can also stop a charged shot?

Resting is actually pretty easy against samus. You can jump over her grab/dsmash and if you time it right you can rest when she u-tilts :>

Projectiles = samus gets ***** yeah haha. I'll try ducking even MORE though. See what happens.

The Smamusies must know to not grab or smash much against puff. When they do I rest but it's rare they do. It's all ftilt and nairs and sometimes bairs at high %. Jerks lol.

I think I'll also just try using less aerials and just go for the rest out of the air with mingamerape when they think I'm gonna nair or something. Just need more practice I'm sure. I only re-picked up Jiggs again like less than a week ago. :\

btw, poor ICs I say lol. I see why it's easy for Mangoypoo

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
well just **** harder then?

lol I will be a King/Mango hybrid at CAST4 with a crown and boxtag so hopefully I can live up to peoples expectations of my new jiggs lol

*needs more practice :p*

MaNg0

Smash Hero
24 - duuuude i just started

playing puff again at pats

and ill play nes and u can watch =D

and Dynamism aim me

PrrettyMango69 so we can be more specific =D

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Mango, are you coming to Luigis on Saturday?

I'm getting ***** endlessly by Knivez Fox, and I need tips :(

idea

Smash Master
mangooo...any advice for marths that isn't already on the first page? especially campy marths X_X hbox said to get them off the edge and rest them when they're forced onstage, but that's hard and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom