• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Same vs. falco.
Lol i actually have done this, when i am recovering offstage, you know how falcos just jump up and spam lasers to get the free percent, i just rest and the laser wakes me up so i dont die, and then the falco is more hesistant to laser you when you are off stage.... well in theory anyway.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Mindgames are always worth it.

Also, Puff is sooooooooooo good and the rest is so sex. I played against a Falcon player yesterday (I basically only really play with Falcons... just one guy, actually), and I had sooooooo much fun. I played a lot of my standard Fox/Falcon games with him at someone's house, and then we went to my house. Then there was a point where it was Jiggs/Falcon for a while.

I didn't expect to win this one game (was down 3 stocks to one or something like that. But then I got 4 rests, lol. D-throw to rest is the bestttt (Falcon's d-throw). He eventually tried to mindgame me into resting, though. sooooo fun

And, just looked at hitbox data and BAIR DOES HAVE IASA FRAMES NO WONDER MINE SEEM SO SLOW LOL. What do people usually do to cancel that lag? Jump again?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I got a phantom rest yesterday, too. Sucked so much. My friend insisted that he was able to DI the one-frame move. >_>

Mahone

Smash Champion
so yesterday i was playing my friend's falcon and i killed him with a rest twice while i was at zero.

Both times he came back and did a electric knee to electric knee combo even though i DIed them both completely different (i think down and away for one and up and in for one).

He told me that it was a guaranteed combo at zero so i couldnt escape it and that he thought even triple knee is guaranteed or a possible combo with incorrect di.

Does anyone know if this is true, and how should you di to avoid this?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
so yesterday i was playing mahone and i ***** him in a jiggs ditto. i play falco. ergo jiggs is broken lololol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
so yesterday i was playing mahone and i ***** him in a jiggs ditto. i play falco. ergo jiggs is broken lololol
You want a cookie? : ]

So what did you notice Mahone doing wrong, then? (if he did)

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Jiggs dittos are the best, true dat. I played Jiggs dittos on FD with BlueSamsara once. They didn't get recorded but it was so much fun. :( We ended up just resting each other for every stock, and, for whatever reason, we must have DI'd so that we'd get sent to the horizontal blast lines because we'd always respawn fast enough for us to rest them while one of us was still sleeping.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I see you're new to the community, so I'm not gonna stress it. I bet you don't even know what johns are :laugh:
if you think u aren't a troll, then can u explain why u randomly came into the puff boards just to tell someone you don't know not to john and call a random person a scrub.

OH WAIT NO, I JUST FED THE TROLL!!!!

Mahone

Smash Champion
you got *****, lisk posted about it, you made 'friendly match' johns. Therefore, you are a johning scrub.

troll or no troll, it's hard to deny the facts.
dude, first of all foxlisk is my friend and was just joking.
second of all i didn't get *****, you weren't there so i don't know why u are acting like you know exactly what happened.
third, i wasnt johning, i was making a joke, it was more like trashtalking

anytime you wanna mm, just lemme know and we'll see who the scrub is.

...HGH

Mahone, are you going to be at Sypher's this Saturday?
I mean, it would be a 4 hour drive for a smashfest... so mabye lol

Do you wanna mm me or have a crew battle or something, thats the only way it would be worth it i think, and isnt bones having a tourney, why arent u going to that?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I mean, it would be a 4 hour drive for a smashfest... so mabye lol

Do you wanna mm me or have a crew battle or something, thats the only way it would be worth it i think, and isnt bones having a tourney, why arent u going to that?
Bones' tournament got pushed back a week I think. I might be wrong. Anyway, if we both end up going to Sypher's, I'd definitely be down for a money match. $5?

We can do crews, too, but I don't know if anyone else from UMD is going.

Mahone

Smash Champion
oh ok, we'll see. Just so you know, ill mm you, but i dont think im better than you or that i **** all of UMD, it just bothers me when people talk about how redd is the only good person at tech, so if i came across as cocky or something i didn't mean to.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
hahaha yeah. um. just fyi in that game mahone rolled out like at least twice and i think SD'd once, too... his jiggs is def. better than mine... i'm just making fun of the majority of the smash community's opinion on jiggs.

also chival: i dunno if you remember me, but i was up at one sypher tourney back in like... may or something. i'm the guy you taught the IC matchup to afterward. i'd be up for a MM if i make it up to one of them with mahone, if you're interested.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Thing is, Idea has been killed by D-throw F-smash at 0% on Yoshi's Story, and at 16% on Dreamland64, so you can't really use him as a basis for when things start working or killing.

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
Jiggs dittos are funny
I once tried to pay both Darc and Mango to Jiggs Ditto each other. And, they both said they'd rather not get $5. I was like, "Aww. I wanted to watch that." And, now, I'm pretty sure it'll never happen.

Sad times.

Though, maybe next time I see them together, I'll be like, $20 each. Though, they'd both still probably say no. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom