• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You can definitely utilt rest samus at 0%. I just tested in dolphin, after the utilt samus is in hitstun for 13 frames after puff is done with her utilt, not to mention the start up on nair. Thats more than enough for puff to jump and rest.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
probably a little more risky, but you can bair-rest and weak fair-rest i think. also, as keblereif said, oos rest ***** the **** out of samus.

about luigi, what's the matchup like? basically patient spacing, rack up damage, then either edgeguard to death or make him end up on stage really laggy and punish? it's reaaaly risky to combo him, his nairs and fairs come out of nowhere in the middle of combos.

btw tekk, love your puff. how are you doing against inf?

i like the rep for wolf gang in the puff boards btw. where it's at, pink balls and songs about ****

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think camping the edge against Luigi is a good strategy because he can't follow you offstage in any way whatsoever but this strat is also untested.

crush

Smash Master
Nair comes out pretty early and I have identified ze problem 2 stocked ssb64 spawn and then in losers 1 stocked ****tershy :)[/QUOTE] Next swagg I need it a rainbow cruise is gonna eat brawl

Im starting to love this random word thing on my phone lol

:phone:

Tekk

Smash Lord
btw tekk, love your puff. how are you doing against inf?
Thanks! The last time Inf and I played in tournament was in last December, in a Bo3.
I was still quite noobish back then, so I hope I'll get to play him at TSL Rise next January :) (he barely comes to tournaments due to money johns).

About resting Samus: not that hard, even tho good samuses won't abuse moves that you can rest oos like dash attack d smash fsmash...
Basically you have to rest samus out of nowhere by reading her spacing.
Bair at low % and weak fair => rest work as well.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The main issue I see is that you look to be very awkward and uncomfortable as Puff. You don't have fluidity. You stayed in one place way too long after some of your aerials. That's something that can be fixed with more practice. Practice L-cancelling/auto cancelling moves, and flowing from one aerial to the next. Especially focus on just moving after you L-cancel an aerial, cause you were kinda stationary in those times.

The actual Puff mains can help you with more specific stuff.

Massive

Smash Champion
Could someone critique my jigglypuff? Tell me anything I'm doing wrong, I'm trying to improve because I had my first tournament a while ago and I didn't do so great, but I'm hoping to do better at the next one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brr1toyH0k8&feature=g-all
I didn't see you tech anything, you cratered and rolled very predictably.
Try teching in place, or just work on teching in general.

You also need to work on ledgehogging (and so does that falco, holy crap) I didn't see you do it a single time, and the falco ended up getting back on because you weren't on the ledge.
Ledgegaurding is great, but most characters are completely vulnerable when they have to recover onto the stage. That's where jigglypuff is the most effective.

Finally, that was FINAL DESTINATION VS FALCO. Uthrow>rest. You threw twice during your first stock and neither of them was an uthrow. Judging from how he was DIing at later % he would not have escaped an uthrow>rest on the earlier stock. Don't be afraid to rest falco when you're under ~40%, even if you wiff he will have serious trouble KOing you, especially on a big stage like FD.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
LOL i didnt believe crush was actually that young. He is so cute, whichever one he is. I can no longer hate any one of his posts

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
@Boomrested

after L-cancelling your aerials, practice wavedashing back as quickly as possible or utilt as fast as possible or grab.
If you get caught in shield, practice wd oos, and I really like resting falco's fsmash oos (and fox's usmash)

Also, that hype match with Crush (on the left) and I think the other kid's name was "Jack" on a Pink TV full of Bratz stickers... lololol they called it the justin beiber hype match

Mahone

Smash Champion
My thread got stickied recently which is cool:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298777

I'm in the process of rewriting all the matchups because i got a lot better since i wrote it the first time... i've already updated sheik and marth and the fox one seemed ok but i'll probably redo it anyway...

So ya if anyone wants to write the falcon guide they should go for it... falcon is my worst matchup atm so hopefully one of you guys can help me out....

also it would be cool if we used my thread more than this one... not cuz i'm having some sorta ego trip, but so people can read the guide before asking the same general questions on matchups over and over again... and also cuz i could always update the first post with any really useful posts you guys have

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
If someone does write about falcon, tips to avoid getting randomly kneed would be helpful. That would probably be the most annoying thing about that mu for me, after I got into the habit of ducking grabs that is. (Makes them scared to grab you after you rest them once lol)

idea

Smash Master
the best advice there is to be less predictable, and to be more aware of when your aerials are unsafe. i think at least one of two things is happening.

1. falcon is kneeing in place and it's going through your attack. they know their knee will beat or at least trade with anything you do. all they have to do is figure out (or guess lol) when you're going to be in range of it. so your best bet is to let them miss and punish THEM for being predictable.

it's kind of like when a jiggs player predicts fox is going to run at them and they fsmash in his direction. if they were right, it probably worked out. if not, the jiggs main then got punished. the difference of course is that falcon's knee is an aerial, but any lag is usable in melee.

2. he runs around then suddenly comes flying after you and knees you from halfway across the screen. in that case, the problem was probably still predictability. he kneed where he thought you were about to move. you could have moved there and shielded, or ducked, or just not moved there at all...

a little more specifically, my guess is that you're jumping too much. jumping is kind of bad against falcon. he wants you to be in the air 'cause you're so much easier to hit that way. jumping makes you vulnerable to things like random knees :p so you should move around with wavedashing more than normal.

falcon has so much more trouble dealing with grounded jigglypuff. go play a match with falcon vs. a jigglypuff, you'll be constantly waiting for them to jump while being slightly away from you so you can knee them. it just feels so right. lol

crouch should also largely replace your shield against falcon. shield blocks aerials but can be grabbed. crouch blocks both. :awesome:

edit: look at my post count :O

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Very much noted Idea. Thanks, when I'm distancing myself from falcon I do tend to stay in the air a lot yeah. My next regional is this saturday (Gameclucks, I should be attending) so I'll be sure to get in plenty of falcon friendlies in.

Also,
crush is a low tier soda

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Cream soda crush...?
Woah, slow down there. You're telling me that exists?
(Am drinking master race cream soda atm)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Crush orange soda is pretty high tier, Krynxe. Dunno what you're talking about.

And I didn't know there was a crush cream soda! I'm really missing out. Cream soda ***** is very good.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Orange soda is
pretty bad in in general
imo.
Cream soda all day erry day.

Lets try to re-rail this thread though rofl. We need a beverage discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom