• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
i don't know, i refuse to play it that way =P the first time i turned it on i already had the codeset to use in gecko OS, and it worked. i likely would not have bought it if there were no such hack.

also, donkey kong country 2 is probably my favourite platformer...including mario games.

username12345678

Smash Apprentice
so last night i did horrible at a tournament felt like i hadn't improved in a month and considered giving up puff and maining fox

but then i realized i still have a soul :troll:

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
Keep up puff but keep a pocket fox

I have one for bad stages and pulling weight in teams with people who don't know how to work with puff

And friendlies

Fox is too good

:phone:

idea

Smash Master
we played one set at the A and C tourney...it was best of 5 since it was winners semis or something, there were like 12 entrants...i 3-0'd him but i think one or two of the games went to last stock.

also i'm coming over again on either thursday or friday

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't think that's wise. I'm not going to be home for most of the day and my Dad recently expressed his feelings that he doesn't like having lots of smashers over when I'm not there and he is. Which is understandable.

idea

Smash Master
mm, fair enough. are you going to be home on friday, though? 'cause i was just going to go there so james doesn't have to drive all the way here to pick me up for this weekend.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What do you *think* her strong and weak zones are?

(this isn't a trick question nor is it a trick one; you should be able to figure this out)

idea

Smash Master
in general, down, so you can tech on the ground or get far enough below the edge.

honestly though, there are some weird things about that at certain percentages i've never quite figured out. at higher percents it becomes more intuitive, and you can kind of DI up and away and get out of it. uh...i think. after like, 100 or something.

so guys, is it "edge" or "ledge"? i use both, depending on how i feel at the time.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I use both too....

Di it down and tech it at low percents... at higher percents i think down and away works or like idea said up and away and jump out... if the marth can pivot then just gg cuz no di will save you.

Tekk

Smash Lord
I appear to have trouble against Salepate's marth (who's the best french marth atm), mostly because I can't escape his Fthrow => tipper combos, whereas I easily escape every other marth's.
So, what do you mean DI down and away ?Like with a diagonal down ?

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya, diagonal down, ask him if he is pivoting... i think they can only hit down if they pivot... i should find the magus post though, it was really helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom