• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stryks presents: War of the clubs 2.0! UPDATE: 18/03/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-major

Smash Champion
this sucks... I need to unlock characters, and in order to do that (the easy way) I need to beat SSE. but I already beat it at my friends house, so now I don't feel like playing it. D:

and I require Brawl codes. give me them.... or else you will DIE!!

antimatter

Smash Lord
that isnt the easy way. just do it in stamina with flower heads and one health. you should have everyone in 6 hours, 15 minutes.

Elysium

Smash Lord
If your unlocking everyone through matches, be sure to switch to Luigi/Falcon/Donkey Kong/Kirby and I think Yoshi to get some stages as well.... I can't remember all the "play X character for Y# of matches to unlock Stage Z" situations.

Fawriel

Smash Master
this sucks... I need to unlock characters, and in order to do that (the easy way) I need to beat SSE. but I already beat it at my friends house, so now I don't feel like playing it. D:

*insert rant about unpleasable fans here*

*insert hint that I'm just kidding*

*insert curse at NoE*

*insert statement that I'm really just posting this to make my first post as an "official Squirtle main" here*

When I got my intelligence tested by a professional psychologist as a child and she asked me to draw me and my family as animals, I drew myself as a turtle.

SQUEE SQUIRTLE! <3

Fawriel

Smash Master
I have no idea who I'm going to main anyway, so I just chose the character I'm looking forward to the most. ^^

antimatter

Smash Lord
Can you actually main Squirtle though? Don't you... you know, have to switch?
i've played as pokemon trainer a few times. i still havent seen signs of tiring. but then, i win matches quickly.

edit: also, i dont main rob. i just chose the symbol because it looks cool.:laugh:

T-major

Smash Champion
Can you actually main Squirtle though? Don't you... you know, have to switch?
sort of... when you get KO'd, you auto-switch to the next pokemon. so if you die as Squirtle, you switch to Ivysaur. you can switch back to Squirtle right away if you want, but thats inconvenient.

by the way, Squirtle is a ninja. seriously. he can wall cling, and flip through the air like it's nobodies business.

antimatter

Smash Lord
what t-major said. also, no offense elysium, but lucario isnt that good from what i've seen so far. the damage he gives increasing from the damage he takes doesnt help much either. and his final smash can be dodged easily. all in all, mewtwo in melee seems better than him.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, I'd just like to look different than I planned, at least for my ZS form. Rey gots the "Dragon girl" look pretty fine, and I'd rather look different. Short and simple Styrks, I wanna keep the DS-Ridley part, but I wanna change the ZSDS part...plus I love DK :p (Yes, I'm trying to confuse people with the letters <_<)

Also, Brawl sucks...[/Depressed I can't play Brawl]

Reyairia

Smash Champion
sort of... when you get KO'd, you auto-switch to the next pokemon. so if you die as Squirtle, you switch to Ivysaur. you can switch back to Squirtle right away if you want, but thats inconvenient.
... Interesting.

by the way, Squirtle is a ninja. seriously. he can wall cling, and flip through the air like it's nobodies business.
Poor Ivysaur is neglected in favor of Charizard and Squirtle it seems.

Elysium

Smash Lord
what t-major said. also, no offense elysium, but lucario isnt that good from what i've seen so far. the damage he gives increasing from the damage he takes doesnt help much either. and his final smash can be dodged easily. all in all, mewtwo in melee seems better than him.
No offense taken at all, but lets address a few things. :)

As far as the Damage Multipliers go, you just have to find what works for you.
The REAL Multipliers are:
0% - x1.0
50% - ~x1.25(1.23)
100% - ~x1.50(1.53)
150% - ~x1.75 (1.84)
200% - x2.00
150 - 200 percent doesn't work for me because it's too easy to die, so I just refine a strategy that works to get the most out of the Multipliers.

His FS is a hit or miss literally and figuratively as well. Against Pit or others with excellent recover it can be easily dodges. Against slower characters with not to great jumping ability like Bowser/Ganondorf, it's very easier to get them with it. It just depends on who your facing, and I'm not sure on how it's looking for trny's but I doubt FS will be allowed anyway...

Lucario does have some things going for him, but I'd be surprised to see him as top tier...maybe...high middle? He's just not as overpowered as some of the characters are...

Side note though...Link's Brawl's Leonidas....Spartan all the way.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hi guys, status on the comic:

like I said before, the comic will have a brief hiatus, I have the lineart ready yes, but ill probably color it around thursday and such... now with brawl, im constantly playing, and well most of u agree: brawl > comic...

but dont worry ill get on track
and pit, ganon, lucario ftw (havent unlocked wolf XD)

T major im adding you, add me, my code is on my profile on the left, also anyone else wanna add me? PM when u do...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Elysium said:
Lucario does have some things going for him, but I'd be surprised to see him as top tier...maybe...high middle? He's just not as overpowered as some of the characters are...
Tiers R 4 Queers!
*hits with Wiimote with nails super-glued to the top*

MysticKenji

Smash Master

The fastest way to unlock characters is with Stamina Brawls.

Also, I has friend code.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Hi guys, status on the comic:

like I said before, the comic will have a brief hiatus, I have the lineart ready yes, but ill probably color it around thursday and such... now with brawl, im constantly playing, and well most of u agree: brawl > comic...

but dont worry ill get on track
and pit, ganon, lucario ftw (havent unlocked wolf XD)

T major im adding you, add me, my code is on my profile on the left, also anyone else wanna add me? PM when u do...

Yo Stryks add me, my code is on the left.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Shameless self advertising!

I need friend codes! With Anyone mode hates me, so my Wi-fi matches are mostly with friends, but I need more friends to add to my list!

Hmm, as of now, I'll add...

Paramore, MysticKenji, and T-Major.

If anyone else wants to add me, just PM me your code. Mine is in my profile to the left. Or, those I just put down don't want to add me, then just PM me telling me you don't want me in your list (bas****)

Thank you, and have a nice Brawl.

On-topic. Stryks, update after Brawl. ALWAYS!!

RDK

Smash Hero
MCFOX WORKS FOR NINTENDO. PASS IT ON.

P.S: Awesome matches earler today, Stryks. That SD off the side of Battlefield with the cracker launcher had me rolling on the ground.

Definetely looking forward to playing you and Cris again!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
like I said before, the comic will have a brief hiatus, I have the lineart ready yes...
That's cause you asked me to do it.

Tiers R 4 Queers!
*hits with Wiimote with nails super-glued to the top*
You know, I had beforehand thought "tiers" was pronounced "tai-ers."
The actual pronounciation sounds almost as lame as what it represents.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
P.S: Awesome matches earler today, Stryks. That SD off the side of Battlefield with the cracker launcher had me rolling on the ground.

Definetely looking forward to playing you and Cris again!

Must...add to friend list!

RDK, I'll add you as well.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Me thrither.

I'm in Montana!

And can everyone else see the Olimar postbit? It won't show up for some reason and I think it might just be this Montanian computer. It runs on Heybails!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Me thrither.

I'm in Montana!

And can everyone else see the Olimar postbit? It won't show up for some reason and I think it might just be this Montanian computer. It runs on Heybails!
Neither can I, but then again, my internet connection also sucks. I live right next to the frickin' woods after all.

T-major

Smash Champion
Me thrither.

I'm in Montana!

nah. I can't see it... might want to tell a mod or something...

also, adding Stryks and Colbusman to friends.... later. I can't right now. my cat is snoozin' on my gaming' chair...

T-major

Smash Champion
speaking of character Icons; Stryks, whats with the Pit icon? I thought you mained Ganondorf? are you just trying to destroy my perception of reality? because your doing a **** good job! D:<

Reyairia

Smash Champion
speaking of character Icons; Stryks, whats with the Pit icon? I thought you mained Ganondorf? are you just trying to destroy my perception of reality? because your doing a **** good job! D:<
Well, I think he's gonna stick to Pit.
... I could stick an immature joke here, but I'll decide not to.

Hmm...
3:15
... That's the time I get out of school. :D
/**** no one cares about

Stryks

Smash Hero
mindgames SON!
nah, im just a ganon-pit combo player, use both, tough been using ganon way more, since I gotta get used to the ground based ganon of brawl, instead of the aerial based ganon of melee...
and pits just too good, rarely lose with him XD

addin a lot of guys so cya in da brawlz

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I personally had a tough time selecting my icon. I'm maining 7 chars :laugh:

Olimar, Dedede, Wolf, Diddy, Wario, ROB, Snake... So many options.

SonicMario

Smash Master
ParamoreRiot:
I am too maining Sonic paramore. But that's obvious anyway.
Everyone:
And I can't play Brawl with any of you guys (I'm sure you'd be better then me anyways. Yep, I'm that pessimistic about my skill compared to others. Although I think I could do well against most of my town) because of Insufficent internetz at my house. Meaning I only have Dial-Up and thus no wi-fi, and even if it did: It'd lag your game and mine too much.
And I just KNEW that Brawl release was going to lead to d*lays of the comic (in my book. it has become the new D word). I just had that funny feeling. Guessing some of you were gonna guess that too.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
And I can't play Brawl with any of you guys (I'm sure you'd be better then me anyways. Yep, I'm that pessimistic about my skill compared to others. Although I think I could do well against most of my town) because of Insufficent internetz at my house. Meaning I only have Dial-Up and thus no wi-fi, and even if it did: It'd lag your game and mine too much.
Meh, same here, I'd guess. I don't do "advanced techniques" after all.

And I just KNEW that Brawl release was going to lead to d*lays of the comic (in my book. it has become the new D word). I just had that funny feeling. Guessing some of you were gonna guess that too.
No need to point out the obvious. :p

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Better work out your index finger. Pushing "Z" so much could lead to serious injury. ;)
I'm glad it's not as cold as it used to be then, I often have to wait half an hour after going outside to be able to move them and type properly. <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom