• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter x Tekken

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i still wanna know why megaman and pacman are ps3 exclusives only, it's not like they were sony excluusives

TL?

Smash Ace
I get the feeling Pandora mode is gonna be some really cheap stuff! It looks like it has a zero frame activation and can deal at least half a characters health bar when you combo into it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8u-yunS9WI

Combo did start on a counter hit, but it still has me worried!

Edit - Also, notice all the gems start glowing when Pandora mode is activated!
Because he's using gems with the activation condition of using pandora.

Anyways, does anyone know if you can pick gems at or after the character select? Or will you have to back out and change the presets to get the set of gems you want?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Right now, you have to do it before the character select, but the tournament patch should *puts on sunglasses* patch up that issue. You'll be able to save your custom data on a USB and bring it tournaments.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Cross Assault has started!

Team SF
twitch.tv/teamspooky

Team Tekken
twitch.tv/iplaywinner

Edit - Man, I'm trying to convince myself to pick up this game since it looks so damn fun! It looks a bit faster than SFIV and the gems aren't looking as bad as many thought!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Still going to wait a year and see if they release a super hyper mega radical supreme arcade edition

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^ Even then it'll be a DLC expansion, so getting it off the bat isn't too terrible this time.

SuperYAN repping Tekken and the 408! :D

TL?

Smash Ace
Still going to wait a year and see if they release a super hyper mega radical supreme arcade edition
I'm with you. At this point it seems inevitable. I'm not very interested in this game in the first place, but yeah I'll take the version with the 12 extra characters and all of the gems for less money.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
I'm with you. At this point it seems inevitable. I'm not very interested in this game in the first place, but yeah I'll take the version with the 12 extra characters and all of the gems for less money.
Yeah, like Namco will allow that. Not to mention that they will have to do it for TxSF if they do.
If there REALLY is, it will be DLC. Enjoy not playing for a year.
Oh, and "version with all the DLC" doesn't count as "enhanced version", because it's not.

TL?

Smash Ace
Yeah, like Namco will allow that. Not to mention that they will have to do it for TxSF if they do.
If there REALLY is, it will be DLC. Enjoy not playing for a year.
Oh, and "version with all the DLC" doesn't count as "enhanced version", because it's not.
Mad bro? I don't know why namco would pass up letting capcom do more work for more money for both of them. I'm completely fine not playing for a year. I'm not trying to tell you whether or not to get it. Just saying and updated version seems inevitable and I'm waiting on this one. Calm down. ;)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Is there a full roster out for this game yet?

I'm very interested in getting it because although I'm a newbie when it comes to fighters, Street Fighter and Tekken were by far my favorite fighting games when I was a kid.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Is there a full roster out for this game yet?

I'm very interested in getting it because although I'm a newbie when it comes to fighters, Street Fighter and Tekken were by far my favorite fighting games when I was a kid.
It's over on Wikipedia.

Man, why do I have to wait until Thursday or Friday to play this game? I've been asking a guy on SRK to find some details in Xiaoyu's moves and I'm very excited about Poison.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So basically Capcom has these so called "Vita exclusives" on the disk already and they're gonna charge us 360 owners to get them?

I smell some bull **** if this is true.

TL?

Smash Ace
There is an obscene amount of hidden on disc dlc in this game... 12 complete extra characters with alternate costumes for every character and they still had to make pre-order exclusive gems? This is a whole new level, even for capcom.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
^That's bull ****.

If true then generally speaking Capcom is releasing an incomplete game just for the sake of making more money. How is that fair to consumers at all? If I'm going to play full price for a game I expect the full experience not a watered down version.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Who cares anymore? Capcom milks it yet again. Nothing new here. You don't have to buy it. I'll prolly end up buying most of it cause I don't spend a lot of games anyways. Even then the only reason I will is because of Dudley, Cody and the Tekken characters.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So apparently not only is Capcom blatantly selling an incomplete product, they're also lying about it. They're claiming that these on disk dlc characters are "unfinished and/or unbalanced," which is nothing but bull since there are leaked videos like THIS showing some on disk dlc characters that look just as fleshed out as the on disk characters. There are videos showing that they already have their cinimatic endings and everything. On top of that Capcom has their youtube police squadron constantly deleting leaked videos like THIS one so that they don't get exposed as liars.

I'm almost completely put off to getting this game now...

If I can take comfort in any of this, it would be in the fact that this DLC controversy is already causing a lot uproar among fans, so hopefully Capcom will be forced into doing something about all of this.

Thino

Smash Master
Lol, well I guess that stinks.

Is there a reason why people shouldn't buy the game just yet?
because there are chances that they release a new version with all those characters for 40$

if you are rich and you got money to spend its not really a problem though

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Capcom has already been adamant in saying that they're not doing another version. All of it will be DLC updates.
Worst case scenario is that it'll be like Super to AE.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
because there are chances that they release a new version with all those characters for 40$

if you are rich and you got money to spend its not really a problem though
I will not buy it until i see this "gold edition".
Even then, i kinda hate that other games don't have even HALF the roster of this, yet this is called "incomplete". Okay, this is a scam, but you're getting FOURTY FREAKING CHARACTERS TO START.
Only Capcom and Namco have these numbers.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The roster size is definitely impressive to say the least... There's 55 total when all of the DLC characters are put into the picture.

yani

Smash Lord
So apparently not only is Capcom blatantly selling an incomplete product, they're also lying about it. They're claiming that these on disk dlc characters are "unfinished and/or unbalanced," which is nothing but bull since there are leaked videos like THIS showing some on disk dlc characters that look just as fleshed out as the on disk characters. There are videos showing that they already have their cinimatic endings and everything. On top of that Capcom has their youtube police squadron constantly deleting leaked videos like THIS one so that they don't get exposed as liars.
Vid removed already LOL. Silly Capcom.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Capcom has already been adamant in saying that they're not doing another version. All of it will be DLC updates.
Worst case scenario is that it'll be like Super to AE.
This.

@The Real Gamer
Would you rather that Capcom had not put them on the disc, make downloading them a pain in the *** because of their sheer size, and make them more expensive to cover the costs behind putting up DLC? I'm annoyed by it as well, but it's the lesser of two evils.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The lesser of two evils is to put all the DLC on the disc? Why not just make them unlockable? :054:

Every time I look at this game is painful because it is ugly as sin. I don't know how but Capcom has found a way to make every color look god awful. Bad Boxart Megaman makes so much sense now.

Top Bottom