• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter x Tekken

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If that's the case, then how are they doing that for Tekken characters? Lili easily has one from this stage, but characters like Asuka and Bob don't have ones. And then there's the question of which theme to use. For example, would Julia get the arcade or console version of her theme in Tekken 3?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not concerned about the number of characters more so the time I'll be putting in to form my teams. Right now, it's

Street Fighter
Chun-Li
Cammy
Poison
Ibuki
Rolento
Rufus

Tekken
Nina
King
Julia
Hwarang (that's how I pronounce it, that's how I'm spelling it)
Yoshimitsu
Raven
Kuma
Heihachi
Lili

That I wanna try out with Poison, King, Julia, Kuma, and Lili being my top priorities.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Characters I want to play:

STREETU FAITAOO:
Abel
Ibuki
Rolento (maybe)
Rufus (I'm hoping)

TEKKEN:
King
Raven (Forgot my ***** Raven was even in)
Steve
Hwoarang
Heihachi

ALSO, just to clarify, you can use Cross Arts without the official partner, right?

EDIT: Just read this from the official SFxT japanese site:

"Two Hadokens on the screen!?
The dream attack is now a reality!"

Capcom trolling hard

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Characters I want to play:

Capcom:
Sentinel

Namco:
Sentinel

[collapse="real list"]Capcom:
Sagat
Dhalsim
Poison
Rolento
Rufus
Toro

Namco:
Kazuya
Bob
Julia
Steve
Heihachi
Kuro
[/collapse]

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Please don't assume that just because Pandora can kill your character that its potential for being incredibly powerful isn't there. Firstly with the options to utilize infinites amount of Ex-Options and Supers you are opening a *gasp* Pandora's Box of situations that can occur.

I'm 100% sure as always with Universal Options like these that their will be characters who can utilize and abuse this more so then others. So even though it may last only 7 seconds, but say if "insert character" has options, mixups, enough to convert huge damage within that situation then why does it matter?

How can their not be situations for certain characters whom are already monsters at keeping someone at the corner, but now with unlimited ex-options and supers, the ability of doing huge damage along with mixups to confuse you will be hugely beneficial.

Not to mention Pandora is within a game that highly emphasizes juggles, and extensive combobility, so their will be a greater likely hood of situations in which Pandora can be applied and used with extreme effectiveness.

Just go back through the history of Capcom when newly optimized systems showed and up and many would state "This doesn't look like it can abused" or "It doesn't look to be Overpowered" or "Let's just wait and see, we clearly don't know yet until we play the game" yet what were all of these statements connected to back in the past? Supers in ST, CC's in A2, VC's in A3, A-Groove in CvS2, XF in MvC3, Ultras in SFIV, Parry in SFIII, etc, etc.

So their is always a great word of caution when introducing things such as a Pandora System.

On another note, teams that I'm thinking off the top of my head...

Sagat and Steve Fox...Zoning domination with Tiger shots to give Rushdown setups? I can already start to imagine.

Or better yet, a powerful zoner + Grappler like Gief, King etc, etc. Imagine if Gief had a projectile to cover his handicap of distance closing? You could have some potential, but again, who knows. It might be that two offensive oriented characters will benefit the most since this is what the game is mostly geared towards with all of what they have.

Street Fighter x Tekken imo can turn out to be really, really bad, or that all of the 10 million options can produce a masterpiece of a fighting game, kind of like MvC2 where all of its nonsense just all came together to make for a really really good fighting game.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Played some SFXT today, I really liked it but I didn't have enough time to play as I would have liked.
Combo system felt weird. I don't think I could do Jab, Strong, Fierce into Raida since it would just do a launch instead.

I activated Pandora once and I lost badly. They tripped me then ran away lol.
I still think Pandora is a dumb idea and I really hope it doesn't get out of hand once people figure out combos.

Rolento was fun. He is a tad bit slow than I would have liked though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think that the community just needs to accept that 3D rendered models are always going to feel a bit more sluggish than 2D sprites simply because it takes more processing power just to animate them.

TL?

Smash Ace
Gems. ..

I think gems are potentially(if balanced) a great idea. However, at this point it seems that certain gems are preorder exclusive or have to be purchased outside of the hard copy, and that worries me a lot. All of the players need access to all of the gems.

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
I've never actually played a Street Fighter game, but I've played every Tekken game so far. Therefore, I am clueless as to which Street Fighter characters everyone is mentioning. And also, if they add Lee, my mains would be complete.

Tekken:
Lee.
Hwoarang.
King.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The Jem System is starting to grow on me. And then SKill mentioned that the game was balanced with them in mind. In a sense, it's a custom groove/-ism so this should be interesting early on before we find the optimal setups (assuming there's more than one per character based on playstyle preference).

Who knows, I may do a mix-up team where one member has more power while the other other has safer moves or defense.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Indeed. Now, me and my friends are Jem girls.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Gem system sounds fine, but I can't help but to think that it might turn into another level 3 X-Factor BS! And it was just announced that Gem system CANNOT be turned off! Capcom is over stuffing this teddy bear!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Actually, it might not be as fine as I thought! Gems have to be 'activated' for them to be in effect! Wish they were 'activated' from the start, but we'll see how things go!
Which can also mean comeback mechanic as well. But we all expected SFxT was going to have one anyways so it's fine. I kinda like how they're incorporating something new, I just hope it works out well. And when I first heard of gems being in SFxT, first thought in my mind was Marvel Super Heroes.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thing is, I think the "comeback" gems are strictly those for beginner players. I"m very curious as to what the gems for the veteran players will be. Could we be looking at something like a non-EX special giving you bound or wall bounce, an attack temporarily obtaining overhead status (this'll definitely work for Cammy players), hyper armor, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Can they just reveal Xiaoyu already. Aside from how her RD and AOP stances might work, I'm curious as to what her other specials will be. Something tells me she'll have rekka paths not unlike Karin.

Thino

Smash Master
Thing is, I think the "comeback" gems are strictly those for beginner players. I"m very curious as to what the gems for the veteran players will be. Could we be looking at something like a non-EX special giving you bound or wall bounce, an attack temporarily obtaining overhead status (this'll definitely work for Cammy players), hyper armor, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Can they just reveal Xiaoyu already. Aside from how her RD and AOP stances might work, I'm curious as to what her other specials will be. Something tells me she'll have rekka paths not unlike Karin.
Why wouldn't veteran players choose to use "comeback" gems too?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It depends on the user, but I feel comeback gems will not be the optimal choice at a higher level. Would you prefer an auto-tech gem, or a small power boost if you can read well enough to prevent being thrown. I highly doubt that we'll see anything to caliber of Ultras or, at worst, X-Factor in this game. Assuming that they keep their word on balance, I can see a gem existing where your meter regenerates gradually at a certain health point like Regen in Final Fantasy.

Again, this Jem System provides a lot of possibilities for players. Hopefully, it'll be truly, truly, truly outrageous.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, I know, I know, I know. I'm always so negative, but again, Capcom wants me to not buy their SFxTekken game.

The 203984230948 gem options with some available to pre-order or from different options is simply ridiculous, and makes little to no sense. I'm just shaking my head now. I can already see the Gem Options in tournament play. Counter picking is going to take an eternity, just simply picking on what to choose will take an eternity.

For I would rather have Pandora and all that other nonsense be overpowered then to have Gems within this game. A large factor is that it will directly cause problems to those whom are hosting the tournaments. Obvious reasons is that if you are going to allow gems, you will be forced into having to purchase the entirety of it to be readily available so that it weeds out nobody. Or else you simply play without the Gem System which also detracts from how SFxTekken should be played, so which is it?

The Gem system from what we hear will unquestionably play a significant effect on how SFxTekken plays, and when Universal Options become almost as important if not in some cases more important than actual fundamental play that's a problem. Because once again, its relying too much upon gimmicks and not enough about the real true substance of the game.

It's almost like playing those card games to where you need to get that "card" because its essential to your deck nonsense. WTF is this crap? This is a fighting game, I don't want to have sit their thinking to myself "I need to get a hold of this gem, because even if I do play well, but my opponent has this particular gem, then he/she will have the slight advantage over me because of it" is just simply Fail.

My only say now is that I'll only rent SFxTekken, or play it at a friends. For this is simply it for me, and I'll be looking at this game like how I view Pocket Fighters or something. It's just completely ridiculous that they could've actually made a REALLY/GOOD/STRATEGICAL/COMPETITIVE VS series similar to that of how Capcom vs SNK 2 and they magically came out with the most random and What in the World Are they Thinking Options and cramming it all into one game.

It's like Capcom just rolled a wheel filled with 100+ Universal Dumb Options and said "Hmm, what new option shall be introduced into SFxTekken now!".

I don't need to play this game in order to know that all of these facets are going to seriously mess with the game, and most definitely not for the better. This falls into the category of those things in which you don't need to play to see how dumb its potential or stupidity is (X-Factor, Custom Combos, V-Ism, Rolling (which eventually turned to RC), Ultras) but hey, new school people will eat this up.

People will say "Hey why judge before you play"...kind of like how when I said XF and less buttons was going to noobify how we played MvC originally before its release and look what happened. Kind of like how I said back in TZ when Tekken 5 came out that giving everyone juggling options for 50%+ damage was going to devalue diversity and look what happened, 3 months later after T5's release I went from being called a scrub who didn't know sh*t and complained too much about the juggles to someone who knew what he was talking about, and that forcing everyone to juggle for damage was stupid.

Kind of like how I said back in 1994 that Supers being introduced into SF was going to devalue SF fundamentals, and now a days what you did Pre-1994 from a fundamental standpoint in many cases are now deemed impossible to achieve by the Best SF2 players today.

Sick of this nonsense, my positive outlook of 2012 is SSFIV:AE 2012, SCV, hell, even UMvC3 is looking 10x better then the way SFxTekken is sounding to be, and I hate the MvC3 series.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I agree. While I'll still try out the game, my excitement for it has gone down after Pandora and then gems.
I wouldn't have minded preset gems to be like grooves and had them activated the whole time, but the way Capcom is doing it is annoying.
The whole preorder thing to get all the gems was a slap in the face. I'm really curious on how tourneys are going to operate with this.

I think I'm not even going to preorder the limited edition, tbh. It's not to make a statement or anything, but I just don't care about the gems and I know I should spend my money more wisely on things.

The whole gem thing would've been fine if it they were custom gems used in a separate mode like Heroes vs Heralds or whatever in Ultimate.

The whole Darkstalkers aspect of SFXT was what grabbed my attention the most. Now it's getting overshadowed by way too many extra mechanics like two characters at once, pandora, and gems.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, I know, I know, I know. I'm always so negative, but again, Capcom wants me to not buy their SFxTekken game.
Everyone is with you on this. Literally everyone.

It was the ultimate hype-killer.

Only thing left is to see if the leaker that described the gem system is right about the roster, if only to see how many people scratch their heads at Mega Man and Pac-Man

Atlus8

Smash Master
Man, there is so much talk on how the gems are gonna turn out! Tournaments are gonna last long for this game since each character on the team gets five gems! I'm no fan of the gems, but I would <3 to see if this whole thing works out! This is a no buy for me, but I'll pick it up later if it's worth it!

:phone:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It seems it's possible to just not equip gems and ignore them completely, so why not just have an option to turn them off?

It's a glimmer of hope tho

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
People aren't giving Synergy a big enough of a chance. We don't even know how bad Jems will be. At least money won't necessarily be an issue when it comes to getting them.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Just to let you know, F8AL has accepted permission to bump this thread.

I will update the OP on friday as I have semester exams (wednesday and Thursday).
I was going to update it tomorrow but a blackout is being made at 8am to 8pm.

The anticipation is rising as it is also ending soon!
Keep it alive for the sake of competitive gaming!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This games gonna be ***.
Probably. Ever since gems and Pandora, my hype for it has gone down.

It's been awhile since I've played Tekken, but I couldn't help notice that Xiaoyu shared that same spinning move like Hotaru in Garou. Maybe Hotaru got it from her, I dunno. Tekken has way too many moves for me to keep count.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know about you guys, but seeing Ling in action finally got my hype back in gear.

@Minato
My guess is that it's techniques from their styles. Ling uses Baguazhangquan and Piguaquan in particular. I have no idea where that particular technique comes from (do it all the time on my own though).

Top Bottom