• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter x Tekken

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I doubt it'll be as bad as X-Factor because:

A. The combo system in this game is more restrictive.
B. You have to actually sacrifice your teammate to do it, so you can't just use it when you have a full team at full health and expect there to be no consequences.
C. There's no Dark Phoenix.

It's still pretty stupid though. This whole game is looking kind of dumb. I should stop posting in this thread now and save myself the infractions I'll get when the game comes out and I start complaining about it being ***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPaM55ayBvA&feature=player_embedded
"It all started with a meteorite falling to the South Pole."
****ing meteorites and their stupid bull**** comeback mechanics.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hopefulllllly Pandora isn't that stupid.

Anywayssss something is bothering me about this game..

Where the **** is Jin? Like, seriously. He's like the face of Tekken. It's kinda weird.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Yo, I just want Paul and Mokujin.

Especially if he can copy Capcom characters.

Also, every time someone with pandora was attacking, they neglected health bars. Coincidence? I think not...PANDORAGIEF THOUGH

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think this'll be anywhere near as bad as X-Factor. Aside from the reasons Gates mentioned, remember that this game does rounds, unlike Marvel so I doubt it'll be so broken. It's hard to tell because of the editing, but I don't think Pandora will be very long. We also don't even know the cost to this mechanic. Could it be an entire meter, none like X-Factor, or something else entirely? I get the feeling it's not just the partner you're giving up. Or perhaps not as you likely lose your opponent's meter (if there is one) as well.

It's a bit early to say much, but this is Capcom.

@ETWIST
Given his popularity, he's probably being revealed near release along with Xiaoyu or Jun (though I can easily see her being standalone like Akuma).

You know, I think the last two SF crack pairings give way to Elena X Makoto, Fuerte X Mika, and Sodom X Honda (see A2 ending) as good possibilities.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think we're gonna get Rufus, Asuka, Cody, and Paul next month, and then ???, ???, Guy, and Law in November.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Anywayssss something is bothering me about this game..

Where the **** is Jin? Like, seriously. He's like the face of Tekken. It's kinda weird.
He's probably going to be the final boss along with Akuma.

Personally I would have rather had Ogre but whatever.

I wonder if the Mishimas can EWGF in this game.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Even with Pandora or whatever, I'm still really looking forward to this game.
At least this time you actually have to sacrifice a partner. Now I just hope the damage output isn't crazy.

I'd rather they not have that feature to begin with, but oh well.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I WILL NEVER SACRIFICE jk

I wish there was no comeback mechanic too, but oh well. I just pray its not xfactor kind of damage

& gg's yesterday Minato. Lol your ken was way better than i expected it to be. and i kept falling for that back dash setup i think i face palmed after like the 3rd time i fell for it . I was doing that against my friends today and they was @ a lose.
And if u got any tips I'm more than willing to accept any advice

TL?

Smash Ace
This game is getting really strange. I'm actually glad though. This game seems like it will be interesting.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well that was really... random...
I WILL NEVER SACRIFICE jk

I wish there was no comeback mechanic too, but oh well. I just pray its not xfactor kind of damage

& gg's yesterday Minato. Lol your ken was way better than i expected it to be. and i kept falling for that back dash setup i think i face palmed after like the 3rd time i fell for it . I was doing that against my friends today and they was @ a lose.
And if u got any tips I'm more than willing to accept any advice
I'll post it in the Fighting Game thread instead of here.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
A meteorite that reacts to people fighting and gives them power.

This is why stories in fighting games should never be the focus.

I like giant black penis
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

I was waiting to screencap for the SFxT and UMvC 3 threads, but this caught me by surprise and I was laughing too hard I almost forgot

Toro and Kuro confirmed for Vita version of SFxT.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Buttt, but.. why?

Damnit MK9 you made this okay.

****in Toro vs Cole in SFxT and Kratos vs Freddy in MK. The **** man.

Better image

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I agree about Cole but you shut your mouth about Toro.

I will laughy my *** off if Microsoft doesn't get exclusive characters, or at least less than Sony.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Guest characters are chosen after the initial roster. It's just extra fluff, doesn't get in the way. I can understand characters not being used in tourneys tho, but I'm gonna rock them eitherway

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Pandora stuff really reminds me of Dark Chips from Battle Network.

I still gotta see this mechanic in action. It sounds kinda tough to balance.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
If it doesn't last like 30 secs or something, I can see that balancing it.

edit: apparently it lasts about 6-7 secs? Okay. Thats not bad.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This makes me feel so much better. It's almost like a kamikaze attack.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
We really have to see how powerful it is first because if it automatically kills your character, I'm assuming that the damage pay off will have to be astronomical in order for something like that to even take place.

Again, does it say how much life is needed in order for it to happen? What if that character is low on HP, so would it really matter all that much? Again, we simply don't know for sure. 5-6 seconds I'm really guessing that the damage pay off is going to be huge.

However, the One Thing that I am taking a liking to is the 2v2 True play. The Cross-Counter originally I didn't like, but the 2 v 2 option I really do like. Because with this you'll have some really great combination of players going around but more importantly some real team synergies going.

You could potentially make for some really interesting options and the way you would SFxTekken is going to be significantly different from the majority of other fighting games due to this.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk_en/system.html

Has pretty much everything revealed so far on the system itself.

Details for Pandora:

-Press ↓↓MP+MK simultaneously when your vitality gauge is under 25% to activate Pandora. When you activate Pandora, your partner's strength will increase exponentially.

-The power of the character who calls upon Pandora is necessary to fuel the technique. By sacrificing their vitality to Pandora, their partner will be able to enter Pandora mode.

-Pandora is a system with a built-in time limit. In Pandora mode, the Cross Gauge will be filled to maximum capacity, and you will be able to use EX and Super Arts infinitely. However, if you are not able to defeat your opponent within the time limit, you will automatically be knocked out. Be careful when you use this technique!

I mean...Apparently from streamplay, blocking this is supposedly more than possible, and the person just dies, at least there's a draw back to using it (unlike with Ultras and Xfactor where the only drawback is that you used it up) Still, seems a liiiiiiiittle broken what with the unlimited stuff. I bet grapplers will love this. Get outta the way folks, PANDORA KING HAS ENTERED THE RING

Also, I didn't realize that the game had a universal magic series, though I imagined that it did from the get go, so...

Also, also, thanks Etwist!

EDIT: Lol, I just realized on the page, the pandora symbol is a big X when you activate, god damnit capcom

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Run-Away characters are gonna be laughing at Pandora.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
http://shoryuken.com/2011/09/15/sfx...li-zangief-rolento-heihachi-and-pandora-mode/

Pandora mode...IS REALLY SHORT

I mean...LIKE REEEEEALLY SHORT assuming you can only do this during a neutral/nonattacking state, I'm really not too keen on this. I mean...I guess if the opponent's almost down and you have no meter you can toss INFINITE EX fireballs or something...But really, I'm not seeing it. Unless supers and exs turn out to do godlike chip, I more than likely will not use this. The damage boost doesn't seem too high either...(Though Zangief's SPD did a ludicrous amount of damage...Though to keep in mind, it's Zangief's SPD on a little, teeny girl)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So Pandora only lasts for about 7 seconds and you can only activate it when you have 25% health or less.

Cross Assault lasts for however much meter you have, which is potentially longer than 7 seconds, and you can only activate it when you have 25% health or less.

So why exactly would I use Pandora over Cross Assault? I mean yeah, if I had no meter I'd have to, but who really is that bad at meter management aside from online scrubs?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't see myself using Pandora much. At least it's not X-Factor.

Top Bottom