• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter V

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Laura should have similar moves to Elena's Caporeia/breakdancing kicks. I gotta admit though that those grapples look painful. She would make a great chiropractor.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
The next BETA is happening October 22.

I actually pre-ordered the game now cause of course I did, so I'll be playing that. Will anyone else?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I played it over the weekend for the first time at NYCC.

I really don't like how the characters move at 60FPS but everything in the background is 30FPS...I think even less, actually. It's really distracting. I know Smash 4 did that too, but SF is zoomed in more than Smash.

I hope they change that. Otherwise, as much as I like Cammy, I'm not getting a PS4 over it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Played it at SCR. I used a lot of Karin and Gief during the day. Karin is pretty fun, but it definitely took some getting used to coming from Alpha 3. I ended up getting a decent win streak with her. V Trigger is fun, but involves a lot of reads if you want to use it for mixups on block. How she plays is what I expected. Pretty good buttons and frame traps. Curious on QCB+P's frame adv/disadv since I'm wondering how useful it is. Both followups are beated by down-back, it might set up a good tick throw, not sure. If it does, it'll make the up+kick followup make sense.

Zangief is very different. Not exactly SF4 Gief, but a mixture of a lot of past iterations considering his normals and movement. His buttons feel a bit slow right now, but they have pretty good range. Air SPD, headbutt, V Skill, and V Trigger are pretty good ways to deal with fireballs. I didn't find V Skill to great outside of that, but it might be useful on moves that you can react to and are telegraphic. His V Trigger is really cool though. Being able to whiff punish on that distance is makes Zangief really fun.

I probably won't be trying out this beta, but I'm definitely anticipating its release next year. After playing it at AX, Evo, the beta, and now SCR, I really like how the game feels. Just feels really solid and back to basics.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The new character's full name is "Laura Matsuda" She is from Brazil.

I am SO on to you Capcom!

^ Sean Matsuda is Laura's younger brother. My boy from 3rd Strike better be coming back! Shoryu Cannon!!!!!!!

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
He's coming back
As a background character for the Brazil stage.

Cause Ono.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I wouldn't use a 4chan thread as a source, it'll be gone in about a week.

Either way, neat. Either they lied about 16 characters or Capcom is doing their DLC BS again.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Didn't Capcom say something about "pay for DLC with coins"? Because that might be their gateway to that. Or something else stupid.

If one of those characters is going to be in the 16 on release, it'd be Dhalsim most likely and the last char would be an original character. Hoping that they're not going with 16 characters, at least.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm pretty sure they're going with early DLC. Not that I mind, Capcom's been super transparent on how they're operating SFV's business model. Being able to pay/grind for characters is fine.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I expect Alex and Urien 100% to be ever since the Siliconera reports. They've always been right (see: FF7 remake) and are very trustworthy.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I expect Alex and Urien 100% to be ever since the Siliconera reports. They've always been right (see: FF7 remake) and are very trustworthy.
The previously posted datamine has files named Alex, though IIRC they are used for the background of a stage.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I know some are saying Alex and Ibuki's files could be referencing story models. For instance, one of the listed ones apparently is for R.Mika's tag team partner. Also in Alex's case, he's in the background of some stage so it could be that. But I never really cared much on him, so either way. Juri and Urien would be sweet though.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I think Ibuki's model used the same kind of file as the other playable characters.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I really like Dhalsim's new redesign. It fits his persona "sage who fights for his people, not for himself" more than bald Indian man.

Also the DLC leaks are true, if this kinda sloppy line tracing is evidence.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really like Dhalsim's new redesign. It fits his persona "sage who fights for his people, not for himself" more than bald Indian man.

Also the DLC leaks are true, if this kinda sloppy line tracing is evidence.
I was also tracing these silhouettes but I swapped Alex and Urien.
I would post it but I deleted it out of humiliation.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm really digging the whole Sage thing that Dhalsim is rockin'.

On the offhand, I am now realizing how weird it would be to see someone with stretchy limbs like that in real life.

I was secretly hoping Dhalsim wouldn't be in, because I can't stand fighting him. Almost as bad as grapplers, for me.

But they can make it up to me with Ibuki.

And Sakura.

And Makoto.

Make it happen, Capcom.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I like using Dhalsim because he's usually not so reliant on combos like many other Street Fighter characters.

Maybe it's because my favorite character is confirmed now but I'm really liking the look of Street Fighter V. Can't wait to finally play it!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Did Capcom really expect people jumping for joy and doing cartwheels over that senial old fossil Dhalsim?

Also, who is gonna be the last boss?

One more thing. I think Capcom forgot somebody...

*continues to wait on Tekken X Street Fighter*

Last edited:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The Paris press conference made me realize something today. Q is really Harada!
Harada could very well add Q into Tekken X Street Fighter! I know this because in the series of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, his fanbase wanted to see Ogre (former last boss), friggin boss Forrest Law (Marshall Law's son) and Jun Kazama (Jin's mother/Kazuya's wife). They were all but forgotten and yet to satisfy the fans he added them and a whole bunch of other fighters that aren't that popular (like Kunimitsu)

^ Look at that awesome character roster!!! The only person missing is Gon the Dinosaur. I trust Harada and know he's gonna make a legendary Tekken X Street Fighter game and once again we'll see that Namco is just better than Capcom. I like Capcom. I do but how many damn Street Fighter games did I have to buy last time?
(Super Ultra Extra Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition)

So things are looking up for characters that were cool, but Ono refuses to put in the games again. In Harada we trust.

Same thing goes with Sagat, Urien, Gill, Sean, Guy, Yun, Yang, Fei-Long, Ibuki, Makoto, etc etc.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Meh. I like Juri a lot but I've been attached to Mika and Lauren since they got revealed. Never really played grapplers too extensively so it's going to be a strange transition.

Just hoping for Rose and Viper (even though I can't play Viper for my life) to come back and for Rufus to never return.

Mad Catz just revealed some new peripherals, in case anyone cares about that.

On the left is an upgraded version of the TE2. They added touchpad and L3/R3 functionality. There were some issues with the plexi used in most TE2s, and I read somewhere that all future TE2s starting with the Chun-Li edition will have upgraded plexi. Priced at $229.99, same price as the Chun-Li TE2.

On the right is a throwback to the original TE series. Slightly more compact than the TE2, has the touchpad and L3/R3 stuff, same parts (Sanwa). Priced at $199.99, the standard price of the old TE2.

These were shown off a while back, but they're up for pre-order now.

The FightPad PRO is, uh, a fight pad. Floating d-pad, 6 face buttons. Standard stuff. Looks less nauseating than the old ones. These are gonna go for $59.99.

The Alpha is their new budget stick. Doesn't come with Sanwa (as expected from a cheaper stick). Looks really small. Maybe it'll be good, but I'm not expecting much. Priced at $79.99.

I was gonna order a Chun-Li TE2, but now I'm probably gonna go for the TES+. I never really liked the shape of the TE2, and I'm not going to be using the easy access features all that often. That Shadaloo art also looks great.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Also they've pretty much announced the six characters who will be part of the first wave of DLC during the PSX conference (even though we already know who they are.)

Anyways, which other characters would you like to see as future DLC?

Last edited:
Top Bottom