• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter V

dezeray112

Smash Hero
We have to remember that there are 4 returning characters and 3 newcomers left to be shown.

I think the first 2 returning characters will be someone from SFII or SFIV, the other returning 2 could be someone from the Alpha series or SFIII.

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
Vega's new playstyle sounds really interesting. Back when we only saw Ryu and Chun, I was afraid they'd be relying on system mechanics to freshen things up. After seeing Ken and now Vega, I'm not so worried.
I feel a bit worried that Vega and Charlie are no longer charge characters though.

Call me conservative, but it bothers me a bit. Charge characters is an interesting mechanic, looks like they are going to make it much more rare :-/

Seeing that guest characters is becoming a trend within fighting games these days. Do you think SFV will have a guest character?
I really hope not. Guest characters are almost always super lame. Plus, I dunno if you could do it in Street Fighter without it being a full-on cross-game thing or just characters from Final Fight. It'd feel really out of place.

At least keep those filthy Battletoads away from my streets.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I really hope not. Guest characters are almost always super lame. Plus, I dunno if you could do it in Street Fighter without it being a full-on cross-game thing or just characters from Final Fight. It'd feel really out of place.

At least keep those filthy Battletoads away from my streets.
I'd tend to disagree. Guy and Sodom are both guest characters that have been pretty consistantly good in SF.

I'd tend to disagree. Guy and Sodom are both guest characters that have been pretty consistantly good in SF.
Which is why I said it'd be out of place unless it involved Final Fight characters or if it's a crossover game. I think Final Fight characters fit really well in Street Fighter, with Poison and Sodom being some of my favorites.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Which is why I said it'd be out of place unless it involved Final Fight characters or if it's a crossover game. I think Final Fight characters fit really well in Street Fighter, with Poison and Sodom being some of my favorites.
Sorry, read the first sentence and jumped to conclusions. My B.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Seeing that guest characters is becoming a trend within fighting games these days. Do you think SFV will have a guest character?
I actually expect it. I don't know whether it'll be from inside Capcom or a Third Party character.

It'll be pretty great

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
I would say that Final fight are not technically guest characters, FF and SF being the same universe.

That means that my hope of having both Haggar and Zangief in the same SF game could come true, though I doubt it ever will ;-)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wouldn't want a guest character like the ones in SFXT. If we had one, Rival Schools would be cool. Despite Sakura appearing in one of the games, it's not the same universe. If not Rival Schools, a secret playable boss from Darkstalkers would be amazing.

finalark

SNORLAX
If not Rival Schools, a secret playable boss from Darkstalkers would be amazing.
If there was a guest character from Dark Stalkers I'd hope that Capcom gave someone other than Morrigan some love. There's plenty of neat characters from that series, but not a whole lot of them get any love.

Speaking of other Capcom fighters, I thought it would be neat if Capcom acknowledged Power Stone's existence via alternate costumes. I feel like Falcon's costume in particular is just begging to be a costume for someone.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If there was a guest character from Dark Stalkers I'd hope that Capcom gave someone other than Morrigan some love. There's plenty of neat characters from that series, but not a whole lot of them get any love.

Speaking of other Capcom fighters, I thought it would be neat if Capcom acknowledged Power Stone's existence via alternate costumes. I feel like Falcon's costume in particular is just begging to be a costume for someone.
Originally I would've said Demitri. SF5 most likely used whatever assets they had for the canceled Darkstalkers. Bison shares stuff like the teleport dash, his down up charge OTGs similar to what we see in Darkstalkers, etc. I don't know who would be iconic (and not Morrigan), who would be cool as a guest.

And yes, costumes referencing old titles would be cool. It's one of the reasons why I thought Marvel 3 had really cool DLC costumes.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Well, out of all the Darkstalkers candidates, I think it would either be Demetri or Morrigan as the likely inclusions if they were to pick them as guest characters.

Rival Schools could possibly work as well.

Not sure which guest character they would use if they were to pick someone from the Sony franchise.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ono and Capcom need to pry every single damn Street Fighter EX character from Arika's cold dead fingers.

Both Kairi and Garuda need to come back oh and Hokuto too.

Last edited:

justaway12

Smash Master
R.Mika looks INCREDIBLE! very fun to play, I hope we can play as her tag team partner in an alt costume, tbh I prefer her design more lol.

Ono and Capcom need to pry every single damn Street Fighter EX character from Arika's cold dead fingers.

Both Kairi and Garuda need to come back oh and Hokuto too.
If Pullum Purna ever makes it in to another Street Fighter I would be sooo happy, I never played the EX series, but I love her design, all the Akira characters had great designs.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I need my fill of oujo-sama laugh in SFV. Hoping the rumor for Karin is also true.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
And now I wait for Sean and Urien.

Those two seriously need to come back. Sean needs to beat the living snot out of Dan for "reasons." ^^

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
I just finished playing Arcade Mode on SFA II (first time I've ever played that game and I'm better than anyone on the SNES leaderboard by 62000 lol) I think Evil Ryu should be replaced by Akuma

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Correct me if I'm wrong, but outside of those part of the 8 World Warriors, are all the returning characters so far been from the Alpha series?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Correct me if I'm wrong, but outside of those part of the 8 World Warriors, are all the returning characters so far been from the Alpha series?
Pretty much.

The only popular request are from Alpha and 3rd Strike. Plus outside of Juri, I don't expect any SF4 characters to come back.

Only character I can see returning that isn't from SF2, Alpha and SF3 is Sagat since he's been there since SF1.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
I personally would really love Juri to come back, she's definitely one of my favourite SF characters, but I honestly don't see that happening, or any of the other SF4 characters for that matter, like Hakan or C.Viper.

Wouldn't it be funny if Remy got in over Guile?

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Cammy looks really young there.

I hope it's not the kind of pre-order that's one and done.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Pretty much.

The only popular request are from Alpha and 3rd Strike. Plus outside of Juri, I don't expect any SF4 characters to come back.

Only character I can see returning that isn't from SF2, Alpha and SF3 is Sagat since he's been there since SF1.
I like beating up C. Viper because she's a s-ass-y cocky heifer.

Abel is a boring character. He is really bland.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
The Street Fighter 5 BETA has ended, and I hear mostly positive things about the netcode.

Anyone here was able to participate?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Found this pretty interesting in regards to the core 16 roster:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...four-brand-new-and-four-we-havent-seen-while/

Basically, 8 of the characters are the "classic characters" (Ryu, Chun-Li, Bison, Ken, Cammy & Vega) , 4 of the characters are fighters we have not seen for a while (R. Mika, Nash and Birdie) with 4 of the characters newcomers (Necalli)

Either way, I'm still excited to see how the newcomers will turn out.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
I think the last 2 classic characters are going to be Balrog, cause having Vega and Bison with no Balrog would be weird, and the other? I say either Zangeif, Dhalsim or Sagat, I'm mostly leaning on Zangeif.

As for the 4th character we haven't seen in awhile? I would like Karen or Ingrid to return.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The Street Fighter 5 BETA has ended, and I hear mostly positive things about the netcode.

Anyone here was able to participate?
It's not delay based, but rollback (which I do like more). Still not perfect since you can have a lot of teleporting going on.

Still, hard for me to judge it. I'll have to wait until I know the player's location and setup before saying it's good or bad.
The matches I've had felt promising though at the very least.

For the game itself, I like the direction it's going in.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, I'm still going to rely on those who took part in the BETA to make the game better as much as they can.

Anyways, 6 more days until we will see what will be revealed within the Dubai event.

Top Bottom