• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ken is from America too, so it kind of evens itself out. What are they suggesting about El Fuerte though?
I think Capcom said that Ken is really Japanese, but his birthplace is still America.

And El Fuerte? He's a cook. Apparently, Capcom is trying to tell us that most Mexicans have jobs as cooks.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Yes he is pretty, dare I say, "cheap" lol.
Sagat's a strong #1 character, however not an overpowered character by any means, he's one of the best #1 characers to show up in a long line of SF games, in fact, we haven't had a Top-Tier this good for Capcom since Hyper Fighting Ryu. He's nowhere near the line of being "too good" and more on the lines of "strong but has to work more for his win's" top-tier character.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
What are you guys view on Dictator. I am going to main him.
He's a pretty decent character.
Like SF II, his offensive game is great. You can pressure them with attacks like Jab and also Short Scissor Kicks.
His EX moves are great. Don't overuse Psycho Crusher though. His Scissor Kick is much more useful.
He lacks a good anti-air, which can be a problem. And his Ultra is hard to set up.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Dictator...from my experience toying with him and playing against him is that his kicks are amazing.

He's another character that is better off using EX's then using his super in most cases (though his super can be linked which is always a bonus). Pressure strings make him stand out strongly since the speed and range that his punches and kicks have make getting cornered by him tricky to get out of.

While this is obvious he is a charge character so you should be charging down and away before the match starts to already have a charge ready for the scissor kick/head stomp/or psycho crusher.

I'd be hesitant using his teleport often since the delay can result in you getting punished if your opponent didn't whiff a DP or something else that takes time to finish.

Oh...and his ultra might be tough to combo into but the power when it lands is very nice.

Mith_

Smash Champion
His EX Head Stomp is money.
His EX Scissor Kick supposedly goes thru projectiles (I went thru Ryu's ultra but sometimes miss a regular fireball, wth)
Psycho Crusher from my experiences is hardly useful. It can cross up on wakeup though.
EX Psycho Crusher is, wierd.
Devil's Reverse is hella smooth. Confuses the hell out of people since there are three directions you can go after you reach your peak.
s.Forward and s.Roundhouse are amazing. So much range on it. Just like Sagat, Dic's s.Roundhouse beats Lariat.
Bison can only combo his Ultra off of a double j.Strong.
As for Anti-Air, he has s.Roundhouse, s.Fierce, c.Fierce, and EX Head Stomp.
His Focus Attack has little range.
He loses to rushdown so keep constant pressure on the opponent by good use of block strings and safe poking.

Thanks an overview of him from the few days I've been playing him.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I hopefully will be getting an SE tomorrow, paying half tomorrow and half next month. Just gotta get SF4 back lol.

Edit: Oh yes. I wasn't sure if dude would come thru, but he sold it to me. w00t. ^.^

Can't wait to mod that *****.

BentoBox

Smash Master
How much did you pay for it? I want to get one myself (and mod it xD) or just build one from scratch, but that might be just a tad more complicated, lol. But it might end up taking less time if I built it, rather than waiting for Madcatz... Apparently, Madcatz only shipped out 3000 sticks on release date when there were 200000~ or so preorders >_> I know people that P-Od in January and still haven't gotten theirs... Ridiculous.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Dude had 2 and went to game stop and bought a TE they had laying around, so he sold me this for 85 lol. I am going to add this sick Tron Bonne graphic I got to it and add some sanwa snap-ins and a sanwa JLF. Its gonna look sweet, I'll take pics.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Championship update out today, and the servers die. Cant search for or make lobbies, and I thought I read somewhere that there would be lobbies for multiple people, by the looks of things this hasnt happened

BentoBox

Smash Master
Apparently, Fei Long users have noticed that they've increased the delay on rekka, supposedly to make it impossible to infinite Abel amongst some others... Some changes have been made but Capcom decided not to make them public =o

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Is the Championship update free? If not, I'm not planning on getting it (PS3 version got the shaft).

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else enjoying the Championship Mode? Im surprised by the lack of crappy scrubs, there's a lot of skilled players, where the hell were they when I was playing Player Matches?! Right now Im about 450 GP - 1600 CP - Rank G3-B. Only 5 tournament wins though, I dont care how little that may seem though, I'm happy how my Rufus is doing. Been playing all day since I cant play it for the rest of the weekend, does anyone know how many points you need for each rank yet?

BentoBox

Smash Master
Lol, are you the same Dreadz from SRK?

Went over to your boards and saw that "7k BP w/o BnB" thread, you guys raged! XD

Anyways, there's something I don't really get about Vega's design. Why have they decided to make him drop his mask and claws? What advantages does he possess that warrants such a loss mid-game? Why is there an actual command to drop your mask? Who would willingly sacrifice 150 (?) HP?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
250 ._.

I guess his "ego" takes a drop once he loses his mask. lol

It sucks that he loses this stuff while blocking though...

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Lol, are you the same Dreadz from SRK?

Went over to your boards and saw that "7k BP w/o BnB" thread, you guys raged! XD

Anyways, there's something I don't really get about Vega's design. Why have they decided to make him drop his mask and claws? What advantages does he possess that warrants such a loss mid-game? Why is there an actual command to drop your mask? Who would willingly sacrifice 150 (?) HP?
yea thats me :^P

but i guess capcom just said **** vega, lets make em work extra hard >:^O

ShoryuSwordsman

Smash Cadet
Dreadz....gud ****. u'd be the first claw player to give me problems....if i had an xbox lol. seriously tho, ur one of the best claws i've seen. alot of claws like to just sit back and spam flying barcelona crossup and his command back dash...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Not to be riding Dreadz or anything, but his Vega's **** good.
Sadly, I don't have SF IV for the PS3 yet. But I do have a stick for it.

I don't think I'll ever get a stick for the 360 because of EVO and such.
But Dreadz, I'll play you with my SF pad when I have some time again.

Work and school finals are killing me right now.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Not to be riding Dreadz or anything, but his Vega's **** good.
Sadly, I don't have SF IV for the PS3 yet. But I do have a stick for it.

I don't think I'll ever get a stick for the 360 because of EVO and such.
But Dreadz, I'll play you with my SF pad when I have some time again.

Work and school finals are killing me right now.
appreciate dat! just hit me up whenever your done with stuff

and yall can comment and leave feed back on the video. aswell as my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dreadz18x

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Seth is the most fun/awesome/naked character ever. That is all.

And before I forget what's this BS about Blanka's Ultra being safe, its so punishable, I've punished it with several Ultra's.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I'm going to start taking risks and just use my ultra when Blanka ultra's me during my wake up. That move is so annoying and does unfair chip lol.

I haven't gotten to face my Blanka buddy since this week but maybe wednesday my Dictator can take him out.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Dictator can punish with Ultra, I actually think most characters can, except for maybe Claw and El Fuerte. I've even seen it being punished by Ryu's Ultra.

Mith_

Smash Champion
the other statement is also negative.
i attempted to punish blanka ultra with dictator's ultra today 4 times and came out on top 0 times.

the results i got:
1. blocked
2. trade and I get knocked down while he is still standing
3. i eat an ultra

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I've always punished Blanka's Ultra with Dictator's Ultra. Maybe your timing is off?

By the way, just so we're on the same page, I mean punish it after you've blocked, not to try and beat it out.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
I've always punished Blanka's Ultra with Dictator's Ultra. Maybe your timing is off?

By the way, just so we're on the same page, I mean punish it after you've blocked, not to try and beat it out.
exactly wat i mean.

any of those that i listed can be punished by claw's ultra on block

Top Bottom