• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well... Japanese players do seem to be better at guessing which characters are good compared to we are.
They said characters like Fei and Guile were strong while we guessed Dudley...

So who knows, maybe Gief is going to be really scary and will be shutting down a lot of characters below him while struggle with the ones above him.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm waiting for more Fuerte (like you didn't see that one coming), Yun, Yang, and Juri videos. I think I might make Juri my secondary, we'll have to see. I could very well have Yun or Yang.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Looks like Yun will be really good. Guess I'll pick him up since I liked him in 3rd Strike.
Not too pleased and the variety of Ibuki nerfs. Crouching RH to Standing RH Target Combo was nice, but that was about it.

I'll stick with Ibuki still though. Same with Cammy.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
lol at people claiming Daigo is jumping the bandwagon for Yun, ever since SSF IV got announced he said that the characters he wanted the most were Yun and Rolento.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
lol at people claiming Daigo is jumping the bandwagon for Yun, ever since SSF IV got announced he said that the characters he wanted the most were Yun and Rolento.
Man, I still wish Rolento was in. I wanted to annoy people with knives again but I guess I still have
somewhat nerfed
kunais.

And I don't get why people hate on Daigo for characters. People say they lose respect for him when he decides to use a different character.
And people hate on him for just playing on Ryu and say he spams hadoukens all day.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wait, they nerfed Kunai? How? I had no idea there was any possible way to make kunai worse. Do they no longer do damage?

And people hate on Daigo because haters gonna hate.

Cam3ron

Smash Cadet
Yun does look good. I've always liked him.
If daigo says gief is as good as he is, it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the cast will do against him.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
kunai wasn't nerfed

you just land further from your opponent after neckbreaker
On the AE blog it was mentioned that the damage was decreased. Also jump back kunai aren't as good for keepaway since they go more at a downward angle.

I don't mind Capcom making her less of a vortex or keepaway character since that wasn't why I liked Ibuki.
They made some good changes to her normals which is nice. I just don't think she deserved a stun and damage nerf on neckbreaker, IMO.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
EventHubs said:
Ryu's Light Punch Shoryuken can trade into Ultra.
Lol....correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they deliberately take this out from Vanilla to Super?

Why did they put it back in??

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Damn, both C. Viper AND El Fuerte made first and second respectively in the EVO qualifier. It makes me so happy to see that the two characters that got me into Street Fighter IV were in the finals of a tournament.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wolkrone da bess.

Being from midwest I kind of have to meatride him.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
On the AE blog it was mentioned that the damage was decreased. Also jump back kunai aren't as good for keepaway since they go more at a downward angle.

I don't mind Capcom making her less of a vortex or keepaway character since that wasn't why I liked Ibuki.
They made some good changes to her normals which is nice. I just don't think she deserved a stun and damage nerf on neckbreaker, IMO.

the only nerf i remember balrog getting is he cant standing jab on crouching characters lol
i cant believe yun can build meter as fast as he do. & doing genai jin in this game is probably alot easier then 3s

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i cant believe yun can build meter as fast as he do. & doing genai jin in this game is probably alot easier then 3s
Yeah, he seems to build meter pretty fast. I doubt it's as easy as 3S though since Yun could build meter during the same combo once his Genei Jin wears off when he's juggling. He could build around half a bar during a Genei Jin combo in 3rd Strike. lol

As for Ibuki, I'm liking how fast her command dash is now. Her new target combo is nice too.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Someone needs to play Cody and Dudley. Viper looks unchanged.
Yeah i heard dudleys sweep is noticeably faster, so that's sick. Not to mention he got OH buff, and i believe his low forward buff. Imma start messin wit him again fo shooo<3 I heard cody can now do crack kick to ruffians, that's pretty cool I guess? :| and crack kick is a somewhat legit AA now. (quotes from my friend, don't shoot me)

Tokido's also posted 2 more blogs, said Akuma's strong dp is gdlk, and he's pretty much the same.. escape tatsu sucks, but he's still strong. Some ppl are saying his teleport might recover faster? But who knows D:<

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Dudley also foward standing MP buff and that move was already really ****in good for frame traps and combos into his c.lp which combos into standing HK which combos into DAT EX MACHINCE GUN. I love duds.

Edit: and at cody, his AA game is already amazing so HK RKK being another just adds more to it. Crack kick into RK (probably ex RK) could just add another hit to the HKRK FADC CK EXCU combo. That would take a full meter tho. I was hoping for arcs on the rocks and an airborn CK. Faster start up on rocks too.

Edit 2: pretty good Yun play here. www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=FUspGI3dPWY

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Well, I played SSF4 pretty much all day Friday, and I kinda liked it. I'll probably end up maining Juri if I get the game for myself.

My only problem is that it felt kinda... Stiff when using moves. It might have just been the crappy 360 pad, but I don't know.

Oh, and yes, I constantly tried to air dash during my first five matches. >_<

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, I played SSF4 pretty much all day Friday, and I kinda liked it. I'll probably end up maining Juri if I get the game for myself.

My only problem is that it felt kinda... Stiff when using moves. It might have just been the crappy 360 pad, but I don't know.

Oh, and yes, I constantly tried to air dash during my first five matches. >_<
SF games get so fun once you finally get good enough to read and bait your opponents.
SSFIV does feel a little stiff though compared to the other SF games.

Also, I can't wait for 3rd Strike Online. I'll be playing that a lot when that's out.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Akuma and Urien are easily the best and most used out of all the mid tiers, I think they can sort of be considered among the high tiers.

But yeah, I did forget Dudley.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just realized that 2 arcades that are a half hour away from me have AE.
Guess I'll make a trip down there and play for fun just to get a feel of the changes along with Yun and Yang.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
shes not terrble. Shes like low mid tier. She will prob be better in ae.
Cool! I can work with low mid tier, lol.

I just hate picking a character and then finding out that they're the best or worst. I don't really know why.

Me too, brofist!

Why do we always end up maining the same characters?
Hahaha, you main her too? That's freaking hilarious.

If this happens again with Arcana Heart 3, I think that we should try to cash in on this subconsious-level telepathy. :p

Top Bottom