• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Seth's teleport is trash. His zoning isn't really that good, imo. I always thought he was best as a rushdown character. The j.FP was a great way to punish fireballs/whiffs though, I didn't see it as a camping tool, but whatevs.

El Fuerte destroys Seth anyway, lol.

Honda's a douchebag.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Maybe it's the online lag talking.

This morning, I was playing a Cammy and two thing came out a year after I inputted them in. The first was a tortilla and then by auto correct, a cl.HK-Guac combo.

Still, it's amazing how much of a difference there is when playing on a monitor. I had difficulty doing RScr.MK twice, but it happens more frequently now. RSF is a bit difficult though because of muscle memory.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
After not playing SSFIV for awhile and going online yesterday, I play so badly now.
My Cammy and Ibuki are terrible now. :(

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Sometimes I get so frustrated with this game. I don't mind losing, but I really hate getting jab-spammed to death.

Javon89

Smash Ace
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

Middle tier is where it's at.

For SSF4 AE I'd have to say according to ranbats.

Top 10 are
Rufus Ken Gief Yun Yang Akuma Fei Guile Honda Balrog (in no particular order)

A month later I see Seth Makoto Sagat going up the most out of other SSF4 characters.

Seth's damage and stun output is nonsense now since he has 900 health now. Jump back fierce wasnt a good move to begin with idk why people look at him losing it as a big issue.
Makoto is like beast in AE, I don't see 'Gat going up very much though, I heard his high Tiger shot got nerfed to have just as slow recovery as low tiger shot.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Alright so, I'm getting into this, having not played any fighter like this in almost a decade... so be a little easy on me...

1) What is AE? I just bought SSFIV, ******.

2) Guy.. I've been using Guy, god I hope that isn't bad. I know if you use Ryu there's a lot of flam for that. His Ultra Combo 2, the < < + 3 Punch I believe, any tips for that?

I can't seem to pull it off on will at all, and move back a lot from the waggles. I know combos are hard andi it's about practice, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
AE is arcade edition. It includes Yun, Yang, and balance changes. This is supposed to be released on console as a patch though so don't worry about buying another SFIV game.

Guy is low tier, but don't let that distract you. Use the character you feel most comfortable with. I went through Chun, Sakura, Rose, Cammy, Viper, and Fuerte before I settled on just Fuerte.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So tiers are not as hardcore as brawl? Also, any tips on combo inputs (like guy's ultra 2). Also (again) is vega low tier too?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Good to know. Been out of fighters so long due to money. So this feels so...new.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Vega's mid tier and Guy's U2 is a 360 motion and all punches IIRC. It might be 720 though.
Actually it's HCBx2 motion like Ibuki's Ultra 1.

@Ryu Shimazu Just keep practicing the motion and you'll get it. If you have problems still, go as slow as possible, even if the move won't come out. Then just execute it a little bit faster each time so you get used to it. The more you do the move incorrectly, the harder it is for your brain to readjust and do it the right way.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, I'm actually starting to get them off now. It feels so good when you do it, XD.

I'm willing to bet when I played this wayyy back (like SF almost 10 years ago) I just button mashed.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeah I don't know too much about guy, but definitely don't drop him if you enjoy playing him. Not to mention, he's getting buffed up in AE :D I'd say maybe stick with guy, and at the same time have ryu as a little pocket secondary. If you don't want to main him, that's fine.. but it's still good to learn fundamentals with him.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

Middle tier is where it's at.

For SSF4 AE I'd have to say according to ranbats.

Top 10 are
Rufus Ken Gief Yun Yang Akuma Fei Guile Honda Balrog (in no particular order)

A month later I see Seth Makoto Sagat going up the most out of other SSF4 characters.

Seth's damage and stun output is nonsense now since he has 900 health now. Jump back fierce wasnt a good move to begin with idk why people look at him losing it as a big issue.
That's the Japanese tier list right? It's wack, Chu-li is not that good.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm not really great with anyone, but Vega, Guy, and Juri have to be my favorites so far.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
A gief player called me a dash punch spamming noob in vanilla even though the only reason i was doing it was because he was spamming lariet.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Has anyone gotten any good hatemail? There's a thread on another forum I go to with some funny stuff.

I got one calling me a semite ***. How he did know?
I've gotten two hate mails that I can remember, and both of them called me a coward.

One was me playing a best of 5 match on Ranked and I lost 2 rounds to a Zangief. Then I just threw kunais all day and he lost the next three rounds just from that. I honestly would've stopped if he punished me at least once.

2nd one was me being called a coward for tick throwing a Guile...

I do get more mail that are like GGs or saying that I was good. I sometimes give tips on what they should do when they like my Ibuki or something.

Edit: But yeah, I never got anything that was hilarious. I try to avoid being a d*** to people during matches.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I like to give hate mail to people whenever I play online. I tend to call them weak losers who could never beat me in real games like Halo and Gears of War and Runescape and then I call them gay because I say that they probably won't accept my challenge.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I like to give hate mail to people whenever I play online. I tend to call them weak losers who could never beat me in real games like Halo and Gears of War and Runescape and then I call them gay because I say that they probably won't accept my challenge.
I really wouldn't call Halo a real game.
But I digress...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So, do people play this with ps3/360 controllers, or do they use sticks, or what?

The vids I see everyone uses some sort of box/stick thing that makes it look so much easier.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ so I've seen... I just have a hard time pulling off multiple combo excecutions.

I guess an example is..doing Bloody High Claw(or w/e) w/ Vega, even doing a kick/punch or whatever then doing it, isn't that hard.

Doing a move>Ex move isn't that hard. (By isn't that hard, I mean I can do it on Training. Fighting computers...yeah I'm not there yet)

But doing 4 crouch punches > a move.. .I can't seem to get the crouch punches to combo.

Keep in mind, this is the first time I've probably ever put effort into being good at a fighting game. (A real one, not Brawl)

kr3wman

Smash Master
it's all timing.

I can do almost all the trials on a stick, but not on a pad, lulz.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
^ so I've seen... I just have a hard time pulling off multiple combo excecutions.

I guess an example is..doing Bloody High Claw(or w/e) w/ Vega, even doing a kick/punch or whatever then doing it, isn't that hard.

Doing a move>Ex move isn't that hard. (By isn't that hard, I mean I can do it on Training. Fighting computers...yeah I'm not there yet)

But doing 4 crouch punches > a move.. .I can't seem to get the crouch punches to combo.
I know what you mean. You'll get it with time. On a related note, I hear one of, if not the, reasons why the Japanese have a history of excellent execution because they can only practice them during matches at the arcade (as arcades don't have training mode), assuming they didn't want to play on console. Makes sense because you remember how to things when you have a strong reasons to do so, or in this case, you have a good reason not to screw up a combo. Just a word of advice, don't try to practice it too much online. After I got a monitor, the input lag online was even worse than I thought it was and it requires a different game plan.

Keep in mind, this is the first time I've probably ever put effort into being good at a fighting game. (A real one, not Brawl)
I lol'd.

kr3wman

Smash Master
If anybody wants to practice comboes on me online I'll gladly play you.

im on ps3, and it's SummerLullaby. Expect random outbursts of good poking and zoning, but nothing serious, since I'm playing on a pad. PS3 pad, urgh. I'd much rather play with a stick, but you know, that comes later.

Top Bottom