• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That depends on what you consider good. I get flack for being "random".

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't get to play offline all that often. :( But when I do, I don't disappoint unless I'm tired and go on autopilot.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Juri IMO is not mid-low. She's solid mid and possibly mid-high depending on who you ask.

I have her as a backup to Chun. I like to use her against Rufus and Cammy specifically.

Edit: For the record, I use Kira in Arcana Heart. Will probably pick up Heart in 3 as well.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'm gonna' be the best Yun in America.

I need a second top tier character to abuse with Yun since it seems Rufus ain't gonna' be able to cut it anymore.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I cant see her being mid high considering any char that can deal with her pinwheels **** her.
I'm now wondering what characters can't deal with her pinwheels. It's not like they're safe.

No one really ***** her, though. I would say she has tough matchups against Guile, Boxer, Dictator, Chun, Honda, and Blanka. Notice a theme here? Her biggest weakness is that she has a tough time advancing, so characters that can solidly outpoke her on the ground and/or play ultra defensively can give her a tough time.

However, her damage is pretty good (especially if you can whiff punish effectively) so it's not too difficult to stay in a match against anyone.

I need a second top tier character to abuse with Yun since it seems Rufus ain't gonna' be able to cut it anymore.
Use Yang.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Anyone on SWF good at SSF4 besides Omni and I?
yoooo, someone's madd arrogant.

jp mang LOL <3

So, when do you guys think AE will become DLC? If it even does... I wanna say they should do it before MvC3 drops, so that it doesn't steal from the marvel sales, right? :\

yoooo long time no talk/play <3 I need to hit you up, i need rufus practice wit my kumz. Did you end up just droppin dudders?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Considering that AE surprisingly can be set to English, I think it's safe to assume that we'll get AE as DLC.

ThreeX, get on. It's been a few months since we fought. My Fuerte's game has changed quite a bit since the last time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hopefully I'll be leveling up my game once I start hanging out at the arcades more.
It's been awhile since I've had spare cash where I can just hang out an play arcade games.

I'm also thinking about getting SSFIV for the 360, but that'll mean getting a stick, the game, and also Gold membership again. :ohwell:

I'm now wondering what characters can't deal with her pinwheels. It's not like they're safe.

No one really ***** her, though. I would say she has tough matchups against Guile, Boxer, Dictator, Chun, Honda, and Blanka. Notice a theme here? Her biggest weakness is that she has a tough time advancing, so characters that can solidly outpoke her on the ground and/or play ultra defensively can give her a tough time.

However, her damage is pretty good (especially if you can whiff punish effectively) so it's not too difficult to stay in a match against anyone.
While she's not bad, I still think other characters can do what she can, but better.
She doesn't have anything scary, IMO. I actually agree with her being mid-low.

But since I'm not a Juri player, I can't really argue of how true or not that is.

So, when do you guys think AE will become DLC? If it even does... I wanna say they should do it before MvC3 drops, so that it doesn't steal from the marvel sales, right? :\
I'm pretty sure it's coming after MvC3 since I don't think it'll steal sales from it considering it's just DLC.
I'm guessing it'll come Spring and be released a little before 3rd Strike Online so AE patch can advertise Yun and Yang so people get interested in 3rd Strike.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
No, dont think that. Hes just being over shadowed by Yun. Rekkas and a dive kick is enough for mid tier. But add a good overhead, incredible meter building (will be useful if his EX Rekkas are still GDLK), and a free combo command grab and im sure hes AT LEAST at the bottom of high tier.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well Tokido recently posted that he thinks AE is better balanced than SSF4, which surprised me since most of what I've seen points to this not being the case. Not to mention I think it's way too early to make statements like that, but on the other hand nothing in the US can match the sheer amount of data you can get from Japanese arcades.

Anyway, if his statement has any semblance of truth then it's going to be really really unclear who's going to be in the top 10.

Omni

BRoomer
No, dont think that. Hes just being over shadowed by Yun. Rekkas and a dive kick is enough for mid tier. But add a good overhead, incredible meter building (will be useful if his EX Rekkas are still GDLK), and a free combo command grab and im sure hes AT LEAST at the bottom of high tier.
Apparently Fei Long is top tier as well.

Yang
- Divekick
- Rekka
- Command Grab
- Overhead
- Meter Building

Fei Long
- Shoryuken
- Rekka
- Command Grab
- Overhead
- ******** pokes

Anyway, I think the best characters are going to be:

Yun, Fei Long, Akuma, Chun Li, Ken, Yang, Viper, and Boxer in no particular order.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I cant tell if youre being sarcastic or not on the first part. :/

But I cant see Viper being tops. I dont really see anything that warrants it.

Omni

BRoomer
Oh, lol. Nah, I'm not being sarcastic. Japan thought Fei Long was Top Tier in Super. With his buffs (and everyone else's nerfs) in AE he's considered to be even better.

Just showing how some of the top tiers have some of the same characteristics.

I think Viper is top just because nothing about her has changed while a lot of her bad match-ups (Honda, Boxer, Gief, Rufus, Cammy) got nerfs. With her being left unchanged her damage output is still ridiclous.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm looking out for Zangief in the top-tiers again. That's going to make me unhappy.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Viper Zangief matchup is going to suck even more now it looks like...
I haven't picked up Viper since Vanilla though, nor do I plan to use her again.

She used to be my temporary replacement for Ibuki until she got in.

Omni

BRoomer
Wait, did I miss something? How is Gief going to be Top? From what I've seen the Greenhand not knocking the opponent down is a BAD thing. Viper/Gief match-up is suppose to EASIER since the knockdown potential is ultimately less.

I'm cool tho' cuz my Rufus absolutely annihilates Gief.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I believe it has something to do with giving him immediate mixup options. It forces the opponent to guess as soon as he/she gets hit. That, and some of the harder matchups are better balanced, I believe.

One of the Fuerte players, and my sensei from a while back, sPaB RoG put up a bunch of changes that he found for Fuerte in AE.

I like Fuerte still to be honest. It forces us to have better defense in the long run and forces us to be more innovative when it comes to offense.

GUAC CHANGES:
Yeah its pretty noticeable, it feels like a half second off when you land. Just dont use it. Regular Guac could still be used to build meter. the recovery isnt too bad. but as an escape. dont do it.

ULTRA 2 CHANGE:
Holy ****, damage got nerf'd to ****. I think it does about 300 Damage right when you get meter. At Full meter is does good damage. I have a vid of me doing it on Poem ( a Balrog player) you guys are gonna laugh haha. You can anti-air pretty low with it. I caught Rahsaans Yang at the near end of his divekick.

CHAIN JAB BUFF:
It was kind of hard to add it to my pressure game, because the hit stun is weird. It's definitely something to get used to. I couldnt link cr.mk after chain jabs, maybe theres a weird delay. Honestly, its great for tick throwing, or to go into standing jab after. It has really good hit stun. It has AWESOME priority, you can feel it when you press it, the hit box on cr.jab is something fuerte needed, Gonna abuse it tomorrow and see what I can do. and it feels like a true block string. Just gonna experiment more tomorrow. Fuerte has really good walk speed so tick throws are a must now.
Didnt try to chain jabs after shower kick though.

TORTILLA NERF:
Honestly, not that bad. if you space them out right it shouldn't be that bad. For example if their jumping from mid screen to you. run back tortilla is an awesome option. if there closer and jumping, do run back splash.

OTHER RANDOM UPDATES AND ASSUMPTIONS:

- Far Standing Roundhouse is fast
- Far Fierce is Faster then before
- Standing Strong has a little more priority and deals good against divekicks, also feels like it comes out faster.
- F+mk is awesome and has more range and a slightly better hitbox and does a little more hitstun, I can feel it. I link my shorts pretty easily.
- Fuerte's stopping is faster than before. He can stop instantly, I think it got reduced from 3 frame stop to 1 Frame stop.
- RSF is definitely easier to land now. because of the stop and the Fierce Range.
- Run slide is faster, and safer now. if you space it right, you may be able to get + frames. because I tested it. I ran slide, the guy did cr.jab with vega, and I got hit o
- Splash feels safer, he rolls out shorter but gets up quicker imo.
- overall feeling: hes awesome, and FASTER. his normals got buffed, they dont trade as much
- cr.jab chains aren't that great, they just seem to have good priority, still gotta test it more.
- If you EX Run then you tortilla, if someone jumps and hits you, you stay grounded.
That one frame stop, assuming he's correct, is going to make life, and online play as well, much easier. It's amazing how much a single frame can change things up.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wait, did I miss something? How is Gief going to be Top? From what I've seen the Greenhand not knocking the opponent down is a BAD thing. Viper/Gief match-up is suppose to EASIER since the knockdown potential is ultimately less.

It's not known for sure. Some people think he's kinda nerfed because of EXGH while some people think he's really good.
I guess it's more of a wait and see kinda thing before we can tell if he's good or not.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer

The word is still out on his green hand and whether it's a bad thing or not. Gief has advantage after it hits but some reports say you're out of SPD range. If you are in SPD range I think it's technically better than a knockdown because your opponent will be in panic mode. When you knock someone down you get basically the same mixup but your opponent can ready their defenses more easily. If you're outside of SPD range then obviously it's not as good as a knockdown, though.

I hear they've increased the range on his jab SPD and also the damage on all of his SPDs. Apparently standing fierce has been improved too? No word yet on whether this is significant in any way.

And come down to Cali where we have some of the best Giefs in the world! And they all hate Rufus!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Hopefully this is the case. I'll have to try him out for myself.

@ Omni: I still want to play a match or two against you sometime. I hear good things about your Rufus.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Dumb reason is dumb. Oh well, we have our god GiPie still around.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Can I get a tier list for SSFIV characters please? :x
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

Middle tier is where it's at.

For SSF4 AE I'd have to say according to ranbats.

Top 10 are
Rufus Ken Gief Yun Yang Akuma Fei Guile Honda Balrog (in no particular order)

A month later I see Seth Makoto Sagat going up the most out of other SSF4 characters.

Seth's damage and stun output is nonsense now since he has 900 health now. Jump back fierce wasnt a good move to begin with idk why people look at him losing it as a big issue.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Seth's damage and stun output is nonsense now since he has 900 health now. Jump back fierce wasnt a good move to begin with idk why people look at him losing it as a big issue.
I'm just happy it was gone. For a guy that has great aerial mobility and a teleport, him being able to zone like that was just annoying. Sometimes, it was difficult to get in because of that.

Top Bottom