• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Happy new years to everyone B)

@Twist-I always like direct connect, so i would go with the ethernet :| Up to you maang, when you do get it, hit up me up :) g/t is Deeeeejay XL (xbl)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's a ***** to set up. And we should probably wait until later this month to duke it out. I hear ethernet is a more stable connection anyway.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
kuma, do you know how many ms of lag your monitor has? I just got a tv with 6.5ms and it's fine for any other game, but I find it impossible to play sf on. I'm going to return it soon for a tv with 5ms, and hopefully I'll see a difference. A friend of mine has a 40" samsung with 5 ms of lag and i can play on it fine... B( i'm crossing my fingers.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mine is a 2ms monitor. The same one used at EVO '09.

Ironically enough, online seems even laggier now than it was on my HDTV. Guess the TV was masking the input delay.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
kuma, do you know how many ms of lag your monitor has? I just got a tv with 6.5ms and it's fine for any other game, but I find it impossible to play sf on. I'm going to return it soon for a tv with 5ms, and hopefully I'll see a difference. A friend of mine has a 40" samsung with 5 ms of lag and i can play on it fine... B( i'm crossing my fingers.
Wait, 6.5 milliseconds? That sounds like waaay too little lag to actually notice; did you mean frames?

Anyway, I finally got SSFIV! Since I'm pretty terrible at the game, I'm going to practive a bit before I play against any of you guys online.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Last I played SSFIV was on New Years Eve. I think I'm done with SSFIV until AE hits consoles.
At least, I won't be doing Ranked Matches for fun in my spare time like before. I'll do Endless with friends though.

All I've been doing is playing Super Turbo lately.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Wait, 6.5 milliseconds? That sounds like waaay too little lag to actually notice; did you mean frames?

Anyway, I finally got SSFIV! Since I'm pretty terrible at the game, I'm going to practive a bit before I play against any of you guys online.
nah, I mean milliseconds. It's getting annoying, everytime I want to play SF I have to switch to a CRT. ANYWAYS, what character are you thinking about playing?

Sariku

Smash Master
My first time posting in this thread, because all I've been playing is BlazBlue recently. But I play Juri and Ken. Mess around with Dan in friendlies, :]

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I feel like I found my character. With Guy it felt close, with Vega it felt way to weird, and with Juri it felt..meh. I'm really liking Akuma though :D

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I feel like I found my character. With Guy it felt close, with Vega it felt way to weird, and with Juri it felt..meh. I'm really liking Akuma though :D
I like this post :3

soo.. i'm thinking if every top player eventually switches to a twin, I might have to stop caring about sf4.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeah they definitely look interesting. But if they're stupid broken, I'll get very upset. Akuma might do aiight, so hopefully i'll be good.

Etwist, how did everything go with the ethernet cord?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Shimazu: if you like fireballs Sagat is your man dawg. And I saw how you were complaining about how overused ryu and ken are in the fg thread but you play kumes? Wtf that makes no sense. Hes probably tied for second with Ken.

Atlus8

Smash Master
So, today I played online for the first time and I'm surprised how smooth the game runs (via PSN)! I'll get on every now and then cause right now I have a modem with a single Ethernet connection, but I'll get another router so I can connect my comp and system as well!

Add me up on PSN: Atlus8

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
PSN is bad on select games. Tekken is often unplayable while BB:CT is lagless. SSF4's usually okay, but it has its days...

Also, I'll leave this here...
PSN: Kmatador77

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So, today I played online for the first time and I'm surprised how smooth the game runs (via PSN)! I'll get on every now and then cause right now I have a modem with a single Ethernet connection, but I'll get another router so I can connect my comp and system as well!

Add me up on PSN: Atlus8
I'll add you later this week just so I can actually play someone that's somewhat close to me and that has a good connection for a change.
Not being able to safe jump reversals is so annoying...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'll add you Atlus.

I'm starting to realize that as much as I like SF4, it's probably not the game for me. I'm relentlessly aggressive; you can beat me by literally walking backwards the entire match, which just pisses me off, so I rush down even harder...and the results are not good.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think you can still play that kind of style in SSF4, you just have to increase your baiting.

The thing I've learned about defensive players is that they're really vulnerable to baiting and footsies because they're already "waiting" for their moment. A careless jump-in or a predicted fireball...Their focus is to punish your every mistake.

For example, with Guy, when it's the last round and both players have low health, I have a ton of tools at my disposal to bait out what I want since they are more than likely playing heavily defensive at this point. Run xx Stop, crossup flip-jump, hozanto and ex run if I find them trying to punish something with a fireball...The downside is that some of it is risky, but characters other than Guy can bait much safer.

Also, be able to turn on the defensive yourself when you need to. ALL aggro doesn't seem to work in SSF4 with its range of matchups and character playstyles unless you read the player REALLY well.

I apologize for coming off as lecturing, I'm not even sure how we compare in skill level. Just sharing a few things I've picked up being a fellow aggro player.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I definitely need the tips, thanks. I play Makoto, so I have to stay in a certain range to be effective. I just get flustered easily and go into rage mode and get careless lol.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I play Makoto
Oh lawd! I assumed you still played Chun!

Once you figure out how to consistently get inside against heavily defensive characters with Makoto, she's very difficult for people to deal with...This coming from someone who loses to a Makoto regularly...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
My Chun is still much better, but I have too much fun with Mak. I've been playing Makoto pretty much exclusively for the past two months, although I did start playing with Chun again in the last few days because I missed winning ;)

kr3wman

Smash Master
learning not to get flustered is one of the more important things.

be more patient than your opponent, and you'll be the one punishing mistakes.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I definitely need the tips, thanks. I play Makoto, so I have to stay in a certain range to be effective. I just get flustered easily and go into rage mode and get careless lol.
My only tip is for you to not jump on wakeup, especially against a shoto.
I can just option select DP you since Makoto and Chun can't even do much on wake up.

I do the same thing with my Bison, lol.
I'm finally overcoming the Bison matchup, lol. Well, with Ryu at least. It's still way too hard with Ibuki.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't forget to realize how many options your opponent has and what you've done already.

Top Bottom