• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
They just sound salty to me. Just keep improving and beating good players...results will speak for themselves.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Just ignore them.

If you play 'random' playing the character who needs to be random, then what's his point?

lulz.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, it's from a match I was in a while back. I was relatively a nobody in the area and I beat one of the more active players in the area. I posted a link to it months ago. Apparently, I'm a scrub if I can't RSF and all I do is "play random". Let's just say there is some ill will towards me, but it's hard to tell how strong it is since this all being expressed online.
"Playing random" can also be called not being predictable. Don't let it get to you.
Just keep it up and try placing well consistently and there's nothing they can say about it.

If you play 'random' playing the character who needs to be random, then what's his point?

lulz.
Now I'm trying to picture how an El Fuerte would play without being random or mixing it up...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just ignore them.

lulz.
It's just insane logic. I was talking to a friend of mine and I've come to realize that these people hide behind the Internet to act like *******s. I think because I don't differentiate my online and offline personas, I expect people to do the same. The only real difference between my personas is that I tend to stutter and it takes time me to come up with something lengthy.

"Playing random" can also be called not being predictable. Don't let it get to you.
Just keep it up and try placing well consistently and there's nothing they can say about it.

Now I'm trying to picture how an El Fuerte would play without being random or mixing it up...
I've also come to realize that haters gonna hate. Anyway, it's not so much that they said I played random. If I seem random to them and I know what I'm doing, I'm doing the right thing, but they don't seem to realize this.

The funny thing is that I feel like I've become the local equivalent of GamerBee - Coming out of nowhere and getting far with a low tier character.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Momochi has played all his matches in Gods Garden and at the best he's guaranteed tied for last place. I feel really bad for him, I understand that he missed a week, but I don't see why he had to play 3 times over this weekend. He played twice the initial week, so playing twice the week again should have been enough. I'm not sure it would have made too much of a difference though, he was dominated by Sako, Mago and Mochi pretty badly. He can beat Americans with Ken but I don't think it's gonna work against the Japanese. He needs to change his character again, or change his style or something. IDK.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well, it's from a match I was in a while back. I was relatively a nobody in the area and I beat one of the more active players in the area. I posted a link to it months ago.
Must've missed that, I'll look through the thread

Apparently, I'm a scrub if I can't RSF
How often do you RSF? Any El Fuerte player needs to be able to do this in a match. You won't always get to do it, but it's one of his best tools you should be using.

and all I do is "play random".
It's Fuerte. When all else fails, lol.

Let's just say there is some ill will towards me, but it's hard to tell how strong it is since this all being expressed online.
Haters gonna hate. Just kick their ***** bro.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
KumaOso, just tell them to dealwithit.gif

On a related note, someone should make one of those for Guile.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Kuma... are you playing with people you know online or people you know in your state offline or people you know in your state online?

If it's online in God knows where, then no respect.
If it's offline, then respect.
If it's online in your state, then respect, but not much because results can change drastically when offline.

I don't really have any respect for Guile users or Boxers or Dictators because they are so effing easy mode overpowered with no truly exploitable holes in their bullcrap. Ryu may be one of the best characters, but at least he has to put in effort.

/hate hate hate.

Also, anything online tends to be interpreted more personally than offline.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@hemightbegiants
I've been trying to implement more in my game, but in my match against the guy:
I had a tendency to go after him with Tostada. He would counter this eventually with a jump back MP. I caught on to this and countered his counter with another (YOMI BABY!).

Here's the link to the stream archive.

http://www.justin.tv/c/monsters_arcade/b/268002073

I'm about 57 minutes in.
Not once did I do RSF.

@Zero
These are people I "know" offline, hence the whole mess started after a tournament. And yes, I hate fighting Guile, Boxer, or Dictator. I know Guile had it hard in the first release, but this ridiculous.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
While I do dislike facing Boxer, that's mainly because I still need to get used to the matchup. Bison's really good and strong, but he has his weaknesses. Same goes for Guile. People just need to learn the matchup and deal with it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't really have any respect for Guile users or Boxers or Dictators because they are so effing easy mode overpowered with no truly exploitable holes in their bullcrap. Ryu may be one of the best characters, but at least he has to put in effort.

Does Dictator still have trouble with crossups in this game?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/oct/25/list-ssf4-arcade-edition-changes-five-cast-members/

I will be drooling until i find out the news on Akuma, Kenneth masters and Dudders D:

ALSO, yeah bison is really frustrating
I'm glad to hear decreased frames on Ryu's crouching forward.
Also, Cammy nerfs aren't that bad. It makes sense for people to be able to punish her DP easily like in the other games. I'm hoping delayed Cannon Strikes are in, but I kinda doubt it. And sounds like her links are easier to do now.

Hopefully Capcom announces new characters in November. I'm really hoping to see Rolento.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm glad to hear decreased frames on Ryu's crouching forward.
Also, Cammy nerfs aren't that bad. It makes sense for people to be able to punish her DP easily like in the other games. I'm hoping delayed Cannon Strikes are in, but I kinda doubt it. And sounds like her links are easier to do now.

Hopefully Capcom announces new characters in November. I'm really hoping to see Rolento.

LMAO, if people can't punish Cannon Spike then I assume Ken's Shoryu is the most broken thing ever.

Her DP is safe on block in SF II btw.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
They didnt say yet.

im really hoping they make cody more like sfa cody. Arcs on rocks, faster start up on rocks, l.rk is comboable like sfa3 so we dont ALWAYS have to jab into cu, ck is airborn so you can bait grabs with it, he should be able to jump over his opponent with ck like a3, and some other ****.

he feels like a watered down version
of a3 cody tbh.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Are these changes going to be patched in? And if so, when?
no date yet :\ we're still not even sure if they're going to be adding more characters along with yun and yang

edit: I would really to see them do something with ken.. before super i was just hoping for faster walkspeed/dash.. or possibly a combo into sweep, and he just didn't get ****. I still don't understand their reasoning for cutting akuma's stun on his moves... hopefully they'll give me back my 200 stun sweep.(i'm crossing my fingers) Shaku dmg buff will be nice though.

BUT I'm starting to get frustrated with online play again :DD not being able to tech **** + my frame traps just not working... it really makes me want to throw my stick at the wall. I hate to keep using that excuse, but it's pretty ********.

It doesn't help that the dude in my city that used to run saturday sessions is like.. giving up on sf4.. ;_; he's only going to be doing tournaments... fack my life maan

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
They didnt say yet.

im really hoping they make cody more like sfa cody. Arcs on rocks, faster start up on rocks, l.rk is comboable like sfa3 so we dont ALWAYS have to jab into cu, ck is airborn so you can bait grabs with it, he should be able to jump over his opponent with ck like a3, and some other ****.

of a3 cody tbh.
Yeah, I'm really disappointed in how Cody turned out. I used him seriously for a time, but then I realized he can't do anything against pressure... or zoning... or, well, anything really.

On the subject of changes that should be made, I think Guile's Sonic Booms should be like Cody's rocks - Lots of startup, but no cooldown... oh wait, Cody has lots of cooldown too... I also think the hitbox on that freaking move should make sense. I'm tired of jumping/focusing a boom only to find out that the front half of the entire thing isn't a hitbox, but it has slightly disjointed range behind it. Like Seriously?

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I also think the hitbox on that freaking move should make sense. I'm tired of jumping/focusing a boom only to find out that the front half of the entire thing isn't a hitbox, but it has slightly disjointed range behind it. Like Seriously?
that would make sense... on the subject of ****ed up hitboxes, I wish they would fix balrogs.. cause i'm sick of missing cam-bowssss because of that.

ahem, and wake up times... Why is it that adon and deejay get up quicker? making it pretty much impossible to safe jump their SHOULD BE SAFE JUMPABLE REVERSALS

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
As a Cammy main, hitboxes when someone actually gets hit is especially important. Some 2-framers turn into 1-framers because of a characters reeling hitbox (or I have to change the combo itself, 2FP --> 2MK is a 2-framer while 2FP --> 5FMP is a 1-framer) or I'm forced to use weaker combos than I would prefer.

The most ******** thing is that cl.5LP won't link to cl.5FP on Rufus. RUFUS That super fat guy has a smaller horizontal hitbox than Cammy!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They didnt say yet.

of a3 cody tbh.
I heard one of the changes made during the loketests was that Cody got a faster walking speed, but that's all I remember.

My guess is that we'll get the patch for the characters and tweaks sometime in the Spring. I think Capcom is going to want the arcade content to be a time exclusive so people will have an incentive to play the arcades (in Japan obviously).

Oh, and here's a match from last night. Apparently, most of the people in my community have never seen a Fuerte mirror. As such, the video for it has a hilarious title:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uUAzlTJHOE

You should've heard everyone in the party. One guy was saying the fight was DBZ-like.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Cody did have a much faster walk speed so thats good. I also remember them saying you can combo into a h.rk on crouching opponents which buffs U1 pretty well.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Whats codys main problem? He cant seal with pressure and his wake up game is ****. Whats rufus good at? Rushing down and applying pressure.

the only reason its problem even is because codys aa game is **** and he can stun rufus really fast.

i wouldnt call it ****.

Nevermind the typos. Im on my phone and it wont let me edit my post.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Hey is anyone else watching the Gods Garden online matches on Levidane's channel? Why is the Daigo vs Mago match that was just uploaded called playoff? What are they playing off for? Mago should be in first place with 4 wins and no losses. Mago and Daigo aren't tried for anything, because Daigo already has 3 loses. So why is this a playoff? Can someone please explain this to me?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I love how my state is ineligible for the online EVO tournament.

Top Bottom