• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

kr3wman

Smash Master
Dude that was awesome. I think once I've gotten better at BlazBlue and can take the time to, I'll pick up SSFIV again. I think I'm gonna become a Ken main in that and Street Fighter III, when the HD remake comes out.
don't need to be a ken main to be good with ken in that game. (3S)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Very impressive with a nice mix of mind games and pressure.

Matches like yours show why Super Street Fighter IV remains so popular even though other fighting games are also available nowadays.
Don't forget that this is Street Fighter we're talking about, aka the father of modern fighting games.

And what do you mean matches like mine because I don't hear about too many Fuertes?
Online Edition. That doesn't mean HD remix. It's gonna probably be the same with online.

Kuma, why no FA's?
I usually don't feel safe doing FAs these days. I need to practice doing it on reaction though considering he has one of the best FAs in the game.

Now if I'm right, reversals break FAs?

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
And what do you mean matches like mine because I don't hear about too many Fuertes?
Occasionally I run in to a few Fuertes on-line although I meant strategic matches rather than those which simply exemplify rote memorization of combos. My comment was directed as a compliment to Street Fighter’s play mechanics rather than an analysis on El Fuerte.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Finally got my own wired connection.

But I freakin suck at this game. Anyone recommend a character with low execution? Or just a good starter that ISN'T Ryu?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Now if I'm right, reversals break FAs?
Non-Fireball special moves (including supers and ultras) always break armor when done as reversals.

But I freakin suck at this game. Anyone recommend a character with low execution? Or just a good starter that ISN'T Ryu?
charge characters are good to start with.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Occasionally I run in to a few Fuertes on-line although I meant strategic matches rather than those which simply exemplify rote memorization of combos. My comment was directed as a compliment to Street Fighter’s play mechanics rather than an analysis on El Fuerte.
Oh, thanks. I hope to be a posterboy for this kind of thing in the future.

Try out Chun-Li. She has excellent pokes and easy to combo into Ultra. Other than her, look into Cody.

Non-Fireball special moves (including supers and ultras) always break armor when done as reversals.
That's what I thought.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I saw the vid, Kuma Oso. Really nice win. You overwhelmed the E Honda player on the first match, and then he started learning.
Then it looked like he got pressured and choked which left an opening for you.

But yeah, that match was really close.
Great play and mix ups. Your El Fuerte's nice.

kr3wman

Smash Master
USB ports on the PS3 cause the lag, not the console itself.

atleast that's what I heard.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
slower, but just a by little, i personally don't care all that much if the difference is barely noticeable.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
2 frames can actually be a big difference when your character's BnB has 2 one-frame links in a row.

I wish I had enough execution to play Rufus. I really do.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Hey Kuma im just curious to how long it took you to get down doing RSF's in a normal match. Currently in training mode I can chain 4 H.P's into knockdown with probably around 90% accuracy. But the second I take it to a real match I'm lucky to get two chained.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
More reason why Xbox360 should be the standard for tournaments. Playstation controllers and sticks are already easier to mod for 360 than vice versa and the stupid lag thing on PS3 sounds like garbage.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hey Kuma im just curious to how long it took you to get down doing RSF's in a normal match. Currently in training mode I can chain 4 H.P's into knockdown with probably around 90% accuracy. But the second I take it to a real match I'm lucky to get two chained.
lololololol

I can only do one into a slide on a consistent basis and I can't get my muscle memory to get the motions down just yet when I'm in a fight. One thing I've seen recommended is to work on it at least 30 minutes a day until you can do it consistently. One thing that has helped me a bit is to try out doing combos in BlazBlue as you do a lot of canceling if you're not used to it.

In training mode, I can get two and slide for a while and then it goes away. For now, I'm relying extensively on mindgames and mixup, but RSF is going to be extremely vital for me to learn. The more hits I can do, the less likely it is for me to do something stupid. All the encouragment I've gotten here and SRK has been really helpful as its motivating me to better myself and try to make some discoveries so as to contribute to the community. The only other problem I have is how do I practice with BlazBlue?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lololololol

I can only do one into a slide on a consistent basis and I can't get my muscle memory to get the motions down just yet when I'm in a fight. One thing I've seen recommended is to work on it at least 30 minutes a day until you can do it consistently. One thing that has helped me a bit is to try out doing combos in BlazBlue as you do a lot of canceling if you're not used to it.

In training mode, I can get two and slide for a while and then it goes away. For now, I'm relying extensively on mindgames and mixup, but RSF is going to be extremely vital for me to learn. The more hits I can do, the less likely it is for me to do something stupid. All the encouragment I've gotten here and SRK has been really helpful as its motivating me to better myself and try to make some discoveries so as to contribute to the community. The only other problem I have is how do I practice with BlazBlue?
Yeah I've been relying on just tricky playing and a few gimmicks also but whenever I land a focus s.hk > ex guac doesn't feel meaty enough compared to the 5 fierce combo's I see other fuerte's pulling off. Oh well I guess it's back to training mode so I can just keep drilling the motions into my hands.

The answer to your problem is simple though. Don't practice Blazblue the game sucks anyways :laugh:

kr3wman

Smash Master
You guys remember Ken on Survivor?

Now Justing Wong is on the Ultimate Gamer.

I wonder if he's going to go far like Ken did lulz.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Super Turbo is good for learning the basics.

SSFIV is beginner friendly because of the input leniency.

3rd Strike is probably the most skill intensive one and has a higher learning curve for beginners.

idk about Alpha, but I assume it's between SSFIV and 3rd Strike.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My favorites are Super Turbo and Alpha 2 with 3rd Strike as my 3rd favorite (go figure).

Super is simple, but the inputs in doing motions can be strict for those new to fighters. Alpha 2 is easy to get into. Motions aren't as strict as Super Turbo, and the game has air blocking which is nice for newcomers.

IV isn't too bad of a choice for a first SF either since it's really lenient on inputs.

If I had to pick one, I'd say go with the Alpha games IMO.
To be honest, any one of them is fine.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, I'm not new to inputting button combinations, or moving my fingers fast. I did use to play a pretty technical Fox. Any1 think tha twould help at all?
I think it would help. Especially the fact that you'll know be able to get combos down with patience and practice considering that you played Fox.

But yeah, the ones that you should start out with are Super Turbo, Alpha 2/3, 3rd Strike, and Super IV. Those games are the best of their own versions (?). I don't know what kind of "method" you'll use to be able to play them, but I'd say play whatever you can. And if you feel like you can only pick one, or want to focus on just one, maybe it might be best to look up some vids on Youtube to see which one appeals to you the most.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
If you have a local 3rd strike scene that's still alive and kicking I would say try that out but if you don't SF4 is prob the better choice in the end for the simple fact it's new and still popular.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The problem with getting into 3rd Strike right away in arcade is waiting till you can get the chance to play alone or someone with your skill level, Yun and Chun-Li players will destroy you. If you have MAME and an arcade stick and can get either Alpha 2 or 3rd Strike or Super II, definitely do that for practice, but if you have a 360 or PS3 Super IV is definitely worth checking out, especially because of the price.

Top Bottom