• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Yeah, in regards to the SSF IV thing, I tried playing some more today. The game is really frame-tight on stuff, including combos. Which is probably why I'm having troubles even on some of the stupidest of challenges. Hard to get the timing down when there's 3 Punches and 3 Kicks to memorize for combos. So it's just me, not my TV.

It lags for the Wii because the Wii is not a high-def console. It's output is only 480p (am I correct? correct me if I'm wrong) which leads to the input delay problems, even with AV-Cables. Some TVs haven't been so bad for the Wii, but in the end, these things were meant to support stuff like the 360 and PS3 over all.
Your 2nd paragraph is the reason that I was hoping Nintendo would have announced a Wii HD at E3. :urg:

I guess I’ll just have to connect my Wii with component cables to whichever LCD I end up purchasing and pray for the best.

Kuraudo, may I ask what controller you’re playing SSF IV with? Personally I was doing horrible until I got myself a Madcatz fightpad. Eventually I got a Madcatz SE fightstick which I still haven’t quite mastered but it does make some moves and combos easier.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Ahhh, if only... If you have access to one though? I recommend playing Wii games on a tube TV. No delay on any controls whatsoever. It's what I do to practice for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Smash Bros. in general.

I'm playing Super Street Fighter IV with a MadCatz TE Fightstick. The Round 2 one. Never tried a fightpad from them, but the stick is doing me alright. This game is stupidly hard to learn at a competitive level if you're just doing Street Fighter on a stick for the first time. I'm primarily using the TE for BlazBlue Continuum Shift when that comes out. You made a nice choice with switching to a stick. Though I've heard that a fightpad or controller in general works just fine depending on which character you use.

Good investment for me! Especially if I decide to modify it. Might go for Seimetsu (I likely spelt that wrong) for a better push and see-through art when I decide to do new art for my stick.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, in regards to the SSF IV thing, I tried playing some more today. The game is really frame-tight on stuff, including combos. Which is probably why I'm having troubles even on some of the stupidest of challenges. Hard to get the timing down when there's 3 Punches and 3 Kicks to memorize for combos. So it's just me, not my TV.

It lags for the Wii because the Wii is not a high-def console. It's output is only 480p (am I correct? correct me if I'm wrong) which leads to the input delay problems, even with AV-Cables. Some TVs haven't been so bad for the Wii, but in the end, these things were meant to support stuff like the 360 and PS3 over all.
Might I ask who you're playing?

If you're doing stuff like cancels, it's not too difficult. Links, on the other hand, are a *****.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Ahhh, if only... If you have access to one though? I recommend playing Wii games on a tube TV. No delay on any controls whatsoever. It's what I do to practice for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Smash Bros. in general.
Yeah I’ve got a 32 inch flat-screen CRT now but it’s starting to act up so that’s why I’m thinking about purchasing that 40 inch Samsung LCD. Besides, I play my Xbox 360 much more than my Wii nowadays so it makes more sense to have a TV which caters to HD graphics.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Might I ask who you're playing?

If you're doing stuff like cancels, it's not too difficult. Links, on the other hand, are a *****.
I've gotta learn the cancels and stuff. But the combo I'm stuck on is,

- Light Low Kick
- Light Low Punch
- Light Punch
- Light Low Kick

I can get to the third step in the combo fine, but it's so **** hard. Is that a link? I'm sticking to Ryu for now until I can get better, to which I'll likely switch off to Akuma.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've gotta learn the cancels and stuff. But the combo I'm stuck on is,

- Light Low Kick
- Light Low Punch
- Light Punch
- Light Low Kick

I can get to the third step in the combo fine, but it's so **** hard. Is that a link? I'm sticking to Ryu for now until I can get better, to which I'll likely switch off to Akuma.
That's a link, but you didn't tell me who you're playing because that combo's not even possible with some characters. Some characters have some easy links, but some are really hard.

Anyway, links aren't vital. They are good hit confirms, but they are also not the most reliable because of how precise they can be.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Sooo how is the Street Fighter community via Smashboards? I'm looking into running Smash Events side by side with Super Street Fighter 4. Anyone interested? Weeklies or Monthlies.

I'm in the MD/VA region of the US. Feedback would be nice. Also, where would I post Street Fighter Events on Smashboards? Don't tell me SRK cause I already have that covered.. :p

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Post Street Fighter Events in the Tournament section. You plan on running Smash Bros. along with it, right?

Just make sure that Smash Bros. is an event in your tournament listed, and it should be fine in the listings.

For example,

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281939

Shiro runs Edmonton Gamers and often hosts for the likes of Super Street Fighter IV, Tekken, Call of Duty, whatever is hyped up. But he'll also run Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl, etc.etc. at events as well. I think you get the point though. Tournament Listings ftw.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Post Street Fighter Events in the Tournament section. You plan on running Smash Bros. along with it, right?

Just make sure that Smash Bros. is an event in your tournament listed, and it should be fine in the listings.

For example,

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281939

Shiro runs Edmonton Gamers and often hosts for the likes of Super Street Fighter IV, Tekken, Call of Duty, whatever is hyped up. But he'll also run Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl, etc.etc. at events as well. I think you get the point though. Tournament Listings ftw.
Yeah I figured that's where I could do it. I was just wondering cause I was trying to get Street Fighter a little more popular amongst the smash Community, so if I headlined Street Fighter, rather than Smash, would it bother the mods? I just want to make the appropriate approach. I've been running Smash events for quite sometime, and want to spice things up with a different scene, especially since I'm getting pretty big into Street Fighter myself..

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well, personally?

I would highlight Smash Bros. in the Tournament Listings here. After all, in SRK, I'll guess that the main thing you highlighted was Street Fighter, right?? Cater to what most people play depending on the forums. If both parties see on different forums, they'll all come together, right?

Just make the mention of Street Fighter. Or headline both series. If this is a bi-weekly/monthly event, you can just call it whatever you call it and mention both Smash and SF. Just some ideas to approach it, but for the most part mods and people are cool about this kind of thing. Best of luck!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So Eventhubs is being stupid again and posting videos of "the best american player" using "the agreed upon worst charecter based on this tier list we ripped from some random Japanese site that's totally legit trust us guys lol" but ya know what, check those videos out, I must say, Wong did some surprising stuff with Makoto, never thought of using her chop to take out a Bison Torpedo

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
After trying her out for a little bit and doing Ultra 1 against Rose's Soul Spiral, I've been thinking about picking up Makoto.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've picked up Cammy again. It's been awhile since I last used her.
I can do all her nice link and combos now. Pulling them off online is another matter...

On a side note, my last match with El Fuerte when I was using Ibuki went really really well. I somehow guessed right on every move he made. I even raida'd him out of the air. lol

Not going to happen again, but now I know that it really is just a high guessing game.
I'm still having problems with some other matchups that I've been encountering though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Word of advice on the Fuerte matchup. If you attempt to do the vortex, you're likely to get Ultra Spark'd.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Word of advice on the Fuerte matchup. If you attempt to do the vortex, you're likely to get Ultra Spark'd.
Good to know. I've been hit with that so many times now that I've learned to respect Fuerte on wake up now lol

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I have still yet to hear Hakan say "I LOVE MY DAUGHTERS!! THEY ARE SO PRETTY!!" or access any second rival fights arrgh wtf.

PSN: FUN_3rdstrike

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, guys, I'm back from a tournament called Battle for the South. For those of you who didn't see it, I was fighting a E. Honda with my Fuerte and it was a close fight, but IN THE END, I WON! The crowd went ecstatic every time I won. In fact, I heard the Honda player was a bit salty afterward.

Unfortunately, my next match, with a Rufus and which was not streamed, wasn't so lucky. I then got sent to the loser's bracket and lost to a Balrog.

With that all said, I wound up in the top sixteen out of over a hundred people. I think part of the reason I got that far is that barely anyone knew the matchup. In fact, a Ken I fought had no idea what to do. Right now, I feel like the El Fuerte equivalent of Gamerbee. The match is supposed to be on youtube sometime later. When it's up, I'll post it.

Now this is in the right thread.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Lucky for you Elf is one of those characters most people won't bother learning the matchup, partially the reason why I wanted to main him back then, but then I realized that was kinda dumb because I don't even know how to use him effectively.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Only one of them didn't really know anything about the matcup. It was a Ken player and I had to explain how his attacks work. Other than that, I had a legitimate mixup game. My Honda match was my hardest, but most exciting as we were reading each other, but my run stop EX Guac got him for the win.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Dude that was awesome. I think once I've gotten better at BlazBlue and can take the time to, I'll pick up SSFIV again. I think I'm gonna become a Ken main in that and Street Fighter III, when the HD remake comes out.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He didn't know what to do with me for a lot of the match. Looking at the replay, despite feeling awesome about it, I saw several moments where he DIDN'T capitalize on punishment and I noticed a potentially dangerous tendency. Other than that, he's a legitimate player, but I think he's salty because I can't RSF and he wants a $100 money match for the next time we meet.

I checked the results thread on SRK and there were actually 80 people. Still, being in the top 20% in what's only my third tournament is impressive, to me at least.

I also love that just about everyone has told me to stick with Fuerte. I was thinking of picking up a counterpick character besides Ibuki, but that's only me running away (no pun intended) from the problems I face in matchups like Rufus.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I checked the results thread on SRK and there were actually 80 people. Still, being in the top 20% in what's only my third tournament is impressive, to me at least.
Very impressive with a nice mix of mind games and pressure.

Matches like yours show why Super Street Fighter IV remains so popular even though other fighting games are also available nowadays.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I saw several moments where he DIDN'T capitalize on punishment and I noticed a potentially dangerous tendency.
Me too, I kept thinking "this is the EX-sumo slam" and he does a Sumo Headbutt or a FA and back dash to escape. He also figured that HP knocked you out of the air, but rarely did it aside from a few times.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Dude that was awesome. I think once I've gotten better at BlazBlue and can take the time to, I'll pick up SSFIV again. I think I'm gonna become a Ken main in that and Street Fighter III, when the HD remake comes out.
Online Edition. That doesn't mean HD remix. It's gonna probably be the same with online.

Kuma, why no FA's?

Top Bottom