• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Good games Minato. If I had a nickel for every ultra I missed, I would have several nickels right now, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Good games Minato. If I had a nickel for every ultra I missed, I would have several nickels right now, lol.
GGs. I saw a mistimed one, but it somehow caught me in my EX Cannon Spike lol.
And it seems like a matches are smoother than BBCS at times which is weird.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Try donning the mask or playing a rushdown character like Cammy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You mean go back to Vanilla SFIV?

Anyway, I can't stand playing slow characters. I feel like I'm in water when I play as them.

kr3wman

Smash Master
lol plz name them because i know she dosent have that many because i play her myself :chuckle:
Balrog, Ryu, Gief, Chun, Honda, Bison, Guile.

'bad matchups' means like 6:4, so it's nowhere near like 'difficult'. It's just an advantage.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeah man, makoto is trash but this match is pretty interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJGn_HcDaGM

It's true, she has to work waaay too hard in pretty much all her match ups. High tier characters being REAL BAD. Rog's s. jab pretty much just kills makoto. Also, she can't really deal with pressure, so characters like cammy can really abuse Makoto.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
We were talking about Cammy, not Makoto lol.

Cammy can have trouble with many of the high tiers but she beats Akuma pretty soundly and he's considered high.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah man, makoto is trash but this match is pretty interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJGn_HcDaGM

It's true, she has to work waaay too hard in pretty much all her match ups. High tier characters being REAL BAD. Rog's s. jab pretty much just kills makoto. Also, she can't really deal with pressure, so characters like cammy can really abuse Makoto.
That was awesome. So awesome.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Young Link's not that hard for Peach.

You're right on everything else though. Cammy has plenty of good matchups but she's not quite top tier. I'd put her in the top 15 though.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Balrog, Ryu, Gief, Chun, Honda, Bison, Guile.

'bad matchups' means like 6:4, so it's nowhere near like 'difficult'. It's just an advantage.
i would say honda ryu bison and guile are not advantage in there favors and goes to the even side

gief chun balrog are the bad matchups ...

and im being a realist because yes she has more options than you think she does

ThreeX

Smash Lord
LMAO you guys were really talking about cammy? lolololol i have no idea what went through my head. Yeah characters with strong defense play real good against her, I'm still so shocked that you guys were talking about cammy.. man that's too good

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
i would say honda ryu bison and guile are not advantage in there favors and goes to the even side

gief chun balrog are the bad matchups ...

and im being a realist because yes she has more options than you think she does
You're crazy if you think those are even. Guile zones with Booms, St. Fierce, and Cr. Fierce all day and Bison ***** with st. HK and has get out of jail free cards, same with Honda, but Honda has even more freedom to shut Cammy down. These matchups were already bad in Vanilla, but with these characters getting overbuffed (in my opinion), it's just plain bad.

Out of all of the mentioned matchups Ryu would be closest to neutral.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just found out that Kai, the best El Fuerte player, has dropped Fuerte. The show must gone I suppose.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Buktooth? I don't think we ever talk about him.

I haven't heard too much about American players in general these days. Where's a good place to watch American players?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Buktooth? I don't think we ever talk about him.

I haven't heard too much about American players in general these days. Where's a good place to watch American players?
iplaywinner, Arcade Infinity, etc.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I've been reading up on Street Fighter lore lately. And I seem to understand what happen in all the tournaments except Street Fighter 4. I can't seem to find a clear answer as to who won the tournament. Does anyone know?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
When you're talking about the 4th tournament are you referring to SF III or SF IV? If you're just getting in many people think the 4th tournament is SF IV.

Either way I think in 2nd Impact Oro got bored and left the tournament so Ryu won by default because he had no competition, but behind the scenes at the same time Alex had found Gill who was hosting the tournament. In 3rd Strike they're all wandering around a la Street Fighter Zero style.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm talking about SF4. I know how the tournaments in Street Fighter 1, 2 and 3 ended. Who won the tournament in SF4?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think it was ever revealed. I think our closest guess might be Viper as she kills Seth (at least in SF4's ending) who is running it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
She kills a Seth.
Juri kills one.
Gen kills one.
Lots of people kill Seth.

What if the tournament in SFIV was masterminded by Gill and it just continued on? Idk, I'm not really sure of the lore. Which one is stronger though, Gill or Bison?

Top Bottom