• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I knew it was being ported, but where does it mention Ark Sys?

EDIT- Apparently there is still an announcement by Arcsys or Aksys at Comic Con so maybe it's a localization or another game

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What about Dissidia?
What about it. Dissidia is a Kingdom Hearts game with multiplayer.

New tier list from Eventhubs.

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

Chun-Li on top? Oh well, at least my mains are within the balanced range.
Keep in mind that Eventhubs just takes their data from that Japanese site, so their opinions aren't really their own.

I'll do a composite of this list and the IPW list and then post my opinions on it.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
That Kotaku article is just taking information from Gamefinformer who is just going off an internet rumor.

As for the tier list, T. Hawk so low? Dudley so low?
and who is Former and Austrlia again?
both characters are pretty ****ty mang. Too many bad match ups

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What about it. Dissidia is a Kingdom Hearts game with multiplayer.
I thought it was a fighting game. Then again, I haven't played the game.

Keep in mind that Eventhubs just takes their data from that Japanese site, so their opinions aren't really their own.

I'll do a composite of this list and the IPW list and then post my opinions on it.
I know. I'm saying that I got the tier list from Eventhubs.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I thought it was a fighting game. Then again, I haven't played the game.
If you played the game and knew the community, you'd know that it's not a competitive fighting game in any sense of the word.

Anyway, here's the composite tier list as I said before.

A+: Dictator, Chun-Li, E. Honda, Rufus
A: Boxer, Guile, Akuma, Ryu, Abel
B+: Sagat, Zangief, Blanka, Cammy, Dhalsim
B: Ibuki, Seth, Ken, Fei Long, El Fuerte
C+: C. Viper, Dee Jay, Rose, Adon, Cody, T. Hawk
C: Claw, Juri, Dudley, Gouken
D: Guy, Gen, Sakura, Hakan, Dan, Makoto

My thoughts:

I agree with all of A+ and A tier in the sense that everyone in there deserves to be in there. Order within the tier is debatable but generally there's no one character who stands out as significantly more powerful than the rest. Every character in there is **** good - Dictator has gotten a lot more love and it's helped him a great deal; the overall damage decrease has helped Chun and Akuma a lot, enough to more than compensate for their few nerfs; Boxer hasn't lost anything important from vSFIV so he's as good as he was then; Guile is a new man entirely; Honda got a ton of buffs that make him much better as a character overall; Abel's buffs have improved him a great deal; and I don't think I need to talk about Rufus and Ryu...just look at Daigo and Justin and you'll know why they're so good.

I disagree with the IPW tier list putting Rufus so hig above the rest of the cast because I think most of that is less based on matchup knowledge and more based on The Wong Factor.

I also don't understand Chun's matchups. I think her advantages over several characters are exaggerated too much, namely Honda. I'm not a Chun main so I can't say for certain, but I doubt it really is 7:3.

Juri seems to be all over the place on tier lists. I've seen her placed everywhere from high tier to the bottom of mid tier. I guess she's just a character who the community has to discover more about.

I still think that if Hakan was automatically oiled up at the start of a match he would be much better. As he is now though, he is definitely lacking as a character.

The matchups for Gen on both lists are hilarious. I would really like to see why Eventhubs thinks he can beat Gouken and why IPW thinks he goes even with Balrog and Bison.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Minato is so good at this game T_T

It's really hard to fight someone with Guy when they won't jump predictably XD

I went ahead and wrote off this tier list...on account of me having no clue why some characters are where they are. I simply don't play at that level yet, so I can't really understand it.

Guile, for example, seems no different from the transition to SSF4...but apparently he's had huge changes that I can't see.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato is so good at this game T_T

It's really hard to fight someone with Guy when they won't jump predictably XD
I think you're consistently and overall better than me. :laugh:
Some matches were frustrating for me since I didn't know whether to block or tech.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hugo is going to be a burden cuz I love him but he's gonna suck, I hate Elena as a charcter but her moveset is fun, Alex is cool (i can't wait to see him fight Abel), Q's mystery is finally gonna be revealed, R.Mika's gonna suck but we get to see teh jiggly boobiez, Rolento is gonna be a beast as usual, and finally this stupid Guile looking for Nash thing is gonna be over.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think the guy is giving out false info, and just guessing things. I'd like for it to be true.
I'll even switch to using Rolento and Q if they really are in.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
hugo is a ****** but he is probably gonna still be awkard to use, alex is also ******, elena is cool, q is cool, rolento is ******, r.mika could be cool, and charlie is sort of cool.

personally i would put in yun or sodom over charlie, but nothing is officially confirmed yet :O

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The first one was a guy who was reportably posting from Comic-con. He stated the Darkstalkers trailer was shown and featured two new charecters.
Tekken 7 was shown very breifly and very early with only one new character
he talked abuot the MvC **** we already knew
He mentioned a Green Lanter game and the Thor movie.
And he also said that SSF4 arcade edition will have 7 new charecters.

The 2nd was a post in the thread who was skeptical and who "called up their friend" who was there to ask if she could confirm his rumors, and he said that indeed she did see Darkstalkers and SSF4 stuff but didn't see enough to clarify his rumors.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
This is off topic but whatever.

I noticed something weird with SRK tonight, I can pick any skin i want. Normally I could only have SRK snow and SRK darkness but right now I'm on Mr. Wizard Orange.

maybe its because i got ten posts today. I don't like to post on srk...

Top Bottom