• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is off topic but whatever.

I noticed something weird with SRK tonight, I can pick any skin i want. Normally I could only have SRK snow and SRK darkness but right now I'm on Mr. Wizard Orange.

maybe its because i got ten posts today. I don't like to post on srk...
The way they do this reminds me of how NSider worked.

And how come you don't like to post on SRK?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Immaturity and every other post in any thread will turn into "you like [X] you can't say **** about any game F*G"

That said I do post on SRK

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Immaturity and every other post in any thread will turn into "you like [X] you can't say **** about any game F*G"

That said I do post on SRK
Pretty much. I just post in character specific boards and also in the tech talk, so I pretty much avoid that issue entirely.

And my account finally stopped glitching today at SRK. My username was Dash'. Whenever I'd click my name to check my profile, it would link me to some other dash. It happened for a few months now, but now it seems to be working again.

On topic though, SSFIV will have so many characters now. Learning all these matchups is such a pain.
I hope the arcade version has some balance changes though. It would be nice to give some small buffs to Makoto, Gen, and etc.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm no expert on Makoto, but I think she needs more than small buffs. Then again, look at Guile. I just need Pizza Girl and Mika.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
It really is only small buffs she needs. Allowing her to cancel her forward dash recovery with a special, speeding up her Karakusa and making it grab immune, as well as some changes to her command normals would all make her a much better character.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Cody needs some buffs.

Auto correct on zonk, an arc for the rocks, more invincibility frames on ex rk and ex cu, and I think you should be able to FADC all rk's and zonks.

and Kumo, I don't post there because there's to much flaming and ****, they're annoying so I just lurk.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What I think would really help Cody would be improving the speed on his Criminal Upper. Like maybe taking the startup down to 5 frames instead of 13. At least for the EX version anyway, which is still 7 frames I believe.

Daigo Umehara

Smash Cadet
What I think would really help Cody would be improving the speed on his Criminal Upper. Like maybe taking the startup down to 5 frames instead of 13. At least for the EX version anyway, which is still 7 frames I believe.
If it was 5 frames on a normal light/med/heavy Criminal Upper, than Cody would definitely move up a bit on the tier list.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I thought the "NEW CHARACTERS?" on the flyer was referring to the ten made playable for arcades (you'd be surprised how many people said "only eight were added to SSF IV!" and forget this is the first time Seth and Gouken will be playable in arcades), but ****!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Nah KumaOso, you forget that the faces are generic, the same image use to be there for Makoto Dudley and Ibuki before we knew they were in.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I know it's a generic silhouette, but until everyone figured that out, it was hilarious to see people zooming and enhancing the picture.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
WHY WON'T DARKSTALKERS LEAK ALREADY :mad: I want to hurry up and begin discussion :/ We got Deejay, Juri, and T Hawk so early, but nothing yet of any of his announcments.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'd imagine all the charecters would be in it, as very few of them are disposable. They are all a large piece of the puzzle. T-Hawk and Deejay, for example, aren't major, iconic characters by any means.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm really excited for Third Strike Online Edition. I don't have a CRT TV anymore, so having this will be nice. I was sick of the small lag there was whenever I tried to parry.

I hope online will be solid. I'm just hoping for it to be better than SSFIV's.
Hopefully the lag won't be so bad so I can get in more parries like I would have.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Adon as the Monkey King???????????????? :3333333333

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make this, but I am in love with that outfit.

So we got Alpha Chun-Li, Catwoman Cammy, Hindu Dhalisim, Jamacian Jamacian, Zorro Vega, Czar Zangeif, religious Hakan, and an Aztec. Pretty cool uniforms. Hope Juri finally gets a decent costume as well.

rhan

Smash Hero
I played Tekken before I played any fighting game. :X

It's like my inner child from Tekken 3 has just emerged though it does look mad weird. But it seems like it'll be about as fun as MvC3 looks to me though it's not going to be as good as what's previously made.

Honestly I do want that SF3 ****.. I like playing fast pace games.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I never even thought about how bad parrying in lag would be, but yeah they need to make sure they have really really good netcode for that. Other than that I'm really looking forward to it since I missed out on the original 3S.

I can't wait for Santa Gief to give me my presents this year. They say that every year he visits the homes of good little boys and girls and Spinning Piledrivers presents down your chimney. But if you're a bad little boy or girl he SPD's you instead.

RUSSIAN PRESENTS ALWAYS NUMBER ONE!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Good luck on the netcode. Hopefully they'll make it with the world market in mind and not just Japan. You don't need a better netcode for SF4 if you live in Japan, but for Americans, doesn't work out so good.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Nah, we're "interested" not hype. It's looking weird at this point and nobody knows how this crap will turn out so not many people are hype.
This is PRE-Alpha, a lot of it, even for Kazuya, is just recycled models and everything, notice how it's exactly the same as Sagat in the intro? They also look a bit ugly in SF IV style. Given time it might get better but for no, am I hyped? no.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Street Fighter III...

Now that's a Street Fighter I can get behind. Even if I'll probably get Super Street Fighter IV soon too. lol

[EDIT]

Ken Masters all up in heeere.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
caved and bought Super Street Fighter IV. Man, for some reason it's hard to Hadoken as fast as others can. I keep on throwing out random punches inbetween. Maybe it takes practice... Hope it's not the TV either. I've got HDMI top of the line stuff and my Samsung is one of the newer LCD models (haven't had it for long)

I'm sure I'll get used to it. Gotta adjust to the fight stick first.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've heard that HDMI increases the lag. You might want to use component cables instead.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
caved and bought Super Street Fighter IV. Man, for some reason it's hard to Hadoken as fast as others can. I keep on throwing out random punches inbetween. Maybe it takes practice... Hope it's not the TV either. I've got HDMI top of the line stuff and my Samsung is one of the newer LCD models (haven't had it for long)

I use HDMI, and I haven't felt any lag (except facing people online). My TV is an HD Samsung model which I got last year. I don't know what your problem could be. Maybe you're inputting the next hadouken too early? Make sure to put your TV on Game Mode to reduce the lag. That can also help.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've heard that HDMI increases the lag. You might want to use component cables instead.
You serious? O_o Wow. That I've never ever EVER heard of.

@ Minato

Well, if you don't have problems then I'll just hafta adjust. Because I've used a stick before (my friend's TE on 360) for Street Fighter IV and did the Hadoken just fine and fast. So it's likely a matter of me adjusting to it.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster

I’m considering buying a Samsung LN40C630 but I’m worried about input lag with the Nintendo Wii. I read an on-line review that claimed the Wii lags really bad on that set but I suspect that person didn’t have it hooked up with component cables. Anybody here have any experience with this TV set and the Wii?

Regarding SSF IV, all I can suggest is keep practicing because it takes a while to get the timing down on many of the moves. Once you do though the game is MAD fun when you play on-line. Even though I suck I can't stop playing it! :chuckle:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I’m considering buying a Samsung LN40C630 but I’m worried about input lag with the Nintendo Wii. I read an on-line review that claimed the Wii lags really bad on that set but I suspect that person didn’t have it hooked up with component cables. Anybody here have any experience with this TV set and the Wii?

Regarding SSF IV, all I can suggest is keep practicing because it takes a while to get the timing down on many of the moves. Once you do though the game is MAD fun when you play on-line. Even though I suck I can't stop playing it! :chuckle:
Yeah, in regards to the SSF IV thing, I tried playing some more today. The game is really frame-tight on stuff, including combos. Which is probably why I'm having troubles even on some of the stupidest of challenges. Hard to get the timing down when there's 3 Punches and 3 Kicks to memorize for combos. So it's just me, not my TV.

It lags for the Wii because the Wii is not a high-def console. It's output is only 480p (am I correct? correct me if I'm wrong) which leads to the input delay problems, even with AV-Cables. Some TVs haven't been so bad for the Wii, but in the end, these things were meant to support stuff like the 360 and PS3 over all.

Top Bottom