• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Warning: Minato ***** a bit.

I was scared to fight him.

But then agin I could never tell if he was on or not. lol
LOL Magically, my PS3 fixed itself, so I don't leave it on all day like I used to. I didn't even do anything different, but it hasn't froze for over a month now.
Overall I’d have to say that my concept for this project was that form should follow function. That’s why all the parts are Sanwa and why the stick still looks relatively stock even though most of the moving parts are new. So what do you guys think? :)
I like it. It looks nice.

kr3wman

Smash Master
if anyone got this game on pc I can play lol.

I'd buy super if I could buy a stick, but I can't lulz.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Ordered a TE Stick from Amazon, PS3 version. When I pick up SSFIV later, I'll hafta play with some of you guys. I'm gonna start with Ryu but work my way into Akuma.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
$170

Amazon.ca's price, of course. Your project stick is a good investment I'd say. The TE build is more solid and easier in your lap, imo. But there's nothing wrong with an SE stick, and modding it as you have. Anything can be good with the right fixings.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I could FADC, needed it for the lpxxlpxxmpxxroundhouseRKxxU1 with cody.
I'm so bad at doing that combo lol.
It's hard for me to get the QCFx2 fast enough sometimes.
Plus lp to mp still feels a little weird to me unless I plink it (which still feels weird for me).

I guess it just feels more strict than Ryu's lp to mp. I could be wrong though.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
$170

Amazon.ca's price, of course.
I don’t know what that works out to be in US dollars but I’m sure you’re gonna be VERY happy with your TE stick when you get it.

I’ve heard that the standard PS3 controller isn’t too bad for SSF IV but I can assure you that the standard Xbox 360 pad is horrible.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't FADC all that much, considering Fuerte and Ibuki hardly need it, but I can do other than with my timing issues with Quesadilla Bomb.

I still need to work on my execution and option selects. If I have the time tomorrow, it's at least half an our of practice of RSF per day and another half our on option selects. I really need to get this one down.

In other news, I got to go to Mechacon, my first anime convention, this weekend and there was a SSF4 tournament. I didn't get out of my pool because I was very apprehensive against a Honda and a Rufus. I could've won against the Rufus one match if I pulled Ultra 1 instead of EX Guac against his Ultra 2 and against the Honda if I hadn't pressed MP to early.

I got some advice, but I didn't really feel it helped because it felt like the same stuff I heard before. Nevertheless, people said I was good and really enjoyed watching my matches. I didn't get to see the rest of it during today because I was busy getting autographs. I checked part of it only to see Rufus ultraing Bison. I came back later to see Wario vs. Meta Knight.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I don’t know what that works out to be in US dollars but I’m sure you’re gonna be VERY happy with your TE stick when you get it.

I’ve heard that the standard PS3 controller isn’t too bad for SSF IV but I can assure you that the standard Xbox 360 pad is horrible.
Yeah, the directions on a PS3 Controller are easier to do. 360 is just amazing for FPS games though.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm so bad at doing that combo lol.
It's hard for me to get the QCFx2 fast enough sometimes.
Plus lp to mp still feels a little weird to me unless I plink it (which still feels weird for me).

I guess it just feels more strict than Ryu's lp to mp. I could be wrong though.
I actually don't plink. I didn't even I was doing one frame links until someone told me. I do it on pad too.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't see how U2 is better than U1.
My friend who uses Cody uses Ultra 2. I honestly hate it.
Start up is really fast, and it does good chip damage.

It's just an easy Ultra to use to punish people with out of laggy moves or projectiles, and I've been caught in it many times. Ultra 1 can be set up, but FADCing it can be hard sometimes. Plus there will be damage scaling involved.

Although, maybe there are other reasons as to why it's preferred. I dunno since I don't main him.

To me, it's similar to how I prefer Ibuki's Ultra 1 over her second Ultra.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

real? fake?

edit: Oh yeah, you guys remember when I told you they put those random avis of SFA chars, right? Well they just put 4 more up, Alex, Hugo (**** yeah), Q, and Elena. Hrrrrrmmmm.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Pay attention to the rumor and you can tell its bogus. They claim that Ono's been working on this for a while. When the **** did he get time to do that? Was that before or after all the work he's been doing on SF4? He's not even finished with the arcade version yet.
Then, how is the Tekken team suppose to be making a game as well. They are busy making, ya know, TEKKEN 7.
This is just one bad rumor from long ago that still continues to run on, like Jonny Depp playing the riddler in the next batman movie

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
There the character portraits from 3S, so you know what they look like. It's just suspicious because they're the only ones put on there AND 4 of them are chars Ono wanted in (Elena, Rolento, R.Mika, and Hugo). But I don't understand Q. Why Q?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
MAYBE NOT FAKE?!

http://kotaku.com/5591240/rumor-namco-vs-capcom-capcom-vs-namco-in-development

I also found this tier list from another site, from the Arcadia magazine in Japan:

http://translate.google.com/transla...ki.jp/ssf4/pages/228.html&sl=ja&tl=en&act=url

It's a translation, so bear with the Engrish. Here's the list, in Japanese and it's English translation apparently:

* No applicable

* A : ガイル、アベル、春麗、ベガ、E・本田、バイソン、ローズ、ダルシム、キャミイ
A: Gayle, Abel, Chun-Li, Vega, E · Honda, Bison, Rose, Dhalsim, Kyamii

* B : リュウ、バルログ、ケン、ルーファス、C.ヴァイパー、豪鬼、フェイロン、剛拳、エル・フォルテ、コーディー、サガット、いぶき、ザンギエフ、セス、ガイ、アドン、ブランカ
B: Ryu, Balrog, Ken, Rufus, C. Viper, Australia demons, Fei, Gouken, El Forte, Cody, Sagat, Ibuki, Zangief, Seth, Guy, Adon, Blanca

* C : さくら、ダッドリー、ジュリ、ディージェイ、ハカン、まこと、ダン、T.ホーク、元
C: Sakura, Dudley, Juli, Deejay, Hakan, Makoto, Dan, T. Hawk, former
Of course, note that these are Japanese names (specifically Bison, Vega and Balrog), and Kyamii = Cammy, Australia Demons = Akuma, and former = Gen.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
There the character portraits from 3S, so you know what they look like. It's just suspicious because they're the only ones put on there AND 4 of them are chars Ono wanted in (Elena, Rolento, R.Mika, and Hugo). But I don't understand Q. Why Q?
I would main Q if he was in.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well that would be gay...

Arksys vs Capcom would ****...
Haters gonna hate.

lol My wish list of vs games, without needing to involve Capcom are things like,

Square-Enix vs. Namco (or a variant I'd call Tales of Fantasy. Tales/FF crossover)

Square-Enix vs. Capcom

Type-Moon vs. Capcom

Those ones would be awesome.

[EDIT]

....back on topic.

mmm dat ssfiv

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
That Kotaku article is just taking information from Gamefinformer who is just going off an internet rumor.

As for the tier list, T. Hawk so low? Dudley so low?
and who is Former and Austrlia again?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Square enix doesn't make fighting games tho, they make RPG (correct me if I'm wrong). Plus, FF and KH Chars would never REALLY fit in a fighting game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What about Dissidia?

And I still want Nintendo vs. Capcom before anything else. Well, maybe Arksys vs. Capcom.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Haters gonna hate.

lol My wish list of vs games, without needing to involve Capcom are things like,

Square-Enix vs. Namco (or a variant I'd call Tales of Fantasy. Tales/FF crossover)

Square-Enix vs. Capcom

Type-Moon vs. Capcom

Those ones would be awesome.
If there is a Capcom VS Namco fighting game, it would be awesome to see some Tales characters in it.
Type-Moon VS game would be awesome too. As would SE.

Ark Sys still has a game to be announced this Friday. Wonder what that's going to be. Fingers crossed for Guilty Gear X3
This is pretty much what I'm hoping for.

Top Bottom