• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Infiltration... is a MONSTER. this is crazy!

Edit:ugh ricky takes the win :/ i hate rufus with a passion!

And i already had the idea of a cody's theme rap idea with a friend. but the finals intro rap has inspired me to make a better one!

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Its not tiers or anything im talking about. I respect ricky as a player i just hate rufus' character thats all. Fat and obnoxious... why did he have to be high tier D:

server overload again?????

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And i already had the idea of a cody's theme rap idea with a friend. but the finals intro rap has inspired me to make a better one!
This rap was made quite awhile ago. They just decided to play that rap again.

And stupid stream went down...

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Daigo beasted him.

[EDIT]

Infiltration vs. Daigo would have been freaking awesome to watch.

Korean Champion vs. World Champion

Akuma vs. Ryu

Do want. Did not get. Sad face.

rhan

Smash Hero
I was soo pissed when the stream ****ed up. I thought it was my computer and like refreshed the page 20 thousand times. Then task managered the internet explorer and set it to high priority and still nothing.

Hopefully the matches get posted in the next 24 hours.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Faggot stream.

Faggot Adam Sessler not knowing what the **** he's talking about then counting rounds.

Faggot Daigo beating Ricky.

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkk

edit: SRK and Eventhubs is down lol

edit 2: redrapper or whatever is on this site, i hope he posts lol

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
^ Pretty much exactly how I'm feeling right now lol

Still, 2 Hondas in top 8 makes me smile. Disappointed Mike Ross and Gamerbee had to face each other. :( I wanted to see them both go far. Amazing Evo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I hope Adon won't be the next online Ken. Wakeup DPs are annoying and Adon's aggravates me. :laugh:

I wished this year's SSFIV finals had the same amount of hype as last year's.
At least there's Evo Japan (if they'll stream that when the time comes).

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Adon's MADE to agrivate you, just like his teach, Sagat.

The most important thing I pulled away from this Evo, fighting games are back, bigger than ever, and competative gaming is very quickly becoming main stream. Diago is currently a high trending topic on Twitter, a testement to how much the scene has grown. On the Ustream alone there was 30,000 viewers before the crash. No telling how much when included with Sticams and other mirrors. I wouldn't be surprised if in 2 years after MvC3 gives this another boost taht SF4 gave the fighting game community that we see Evo on TV somewhere in some form.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lmao, I love how Adam Sessler actually counted rounds like they contributed to the overall set.

I love Adon, he's cool and I like characters that scream with all their attacks.

Sad that this may be the last year of TvC/MvC2 at EVO. :(

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Adam pissed me off with that ****.

James Chen, Skisonic, and Keits>>>>>>>>>>Adam and scrub babying Seth. Seth wasn't commentating like he normally would. He was pointing out obvious **** that people already know.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
You have to remember, Seth had a brain dead commentator sitting on the side of him.. which he had to save countless of times

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You guys are all missing the point. Yes, you all know what Seth is saying, but the many, many first time viewers, Seth's trying to make them understand what's going on. Let's face it, when you don't understand the game you are watching, in most cases, its boring as ****, this is especially true for Street Fighters where the game is based on knowledge instead of flashy combos. (all fighting games take knowledge, but are much flashier) Seth's entire goal was to get those 50,000 viewers last night into the game, make them feel they understood the game, so they would become a part of the tournament scene. Also, while Adam did make some stupid mistakes, I believe he knows more than you all give him credit for. After all, he was familiar with how Marvel Versus Capcom commentators use terminology to compensate for the game's speed.

2 weeks till Darkstalkers gets announced. Get hype.

rhan

Smash Hero
I kinda muted the commentary during the stream.. lmao. I had my Itunes library playing instead. xD

But now I'm watching the finals over and Adam is dumb as ****.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Infiltration went for too many resets, IMO. If he played it a little bit safe after those jabs, he could've just blocked EX Messiah Kick from Rufus and just combo'd him.

His Akuma is awesome though. It's really aggressive and great at mixing people up.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
If only i could play a decent 'Rog :cry: or any defensive character for that matter!

what would you say is the best form of practice to get better at this game?? If it helps im playing Akuma/Juri... pretty much any glass cannon character. Ive just been playing computers on hard but the mechanical counters the computers throw out are kind of... discouraging. to say the least

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeah man, just like smash.. You won't get better from fighting computers. To be honest, just go to shoryuken.com and look up **** about your character, and practice it in training mode. Play people online also.. there are alot of bums online + it can be really laggy at times, but if you don't have a community near you then online is your best bet I guess.

If you ask me.. I'd say don't mess with akuma yet. My advice to everyone is pick up ryu first, he's a real good starter character. Learn the fundamentals with ryu, then maybe try out other characters. I mained ken at first, and I moved to rog... Rog is a pretty good starter also

But yeah man, that's just my opinion. Playing akuma can get frustrating at times... since you only have like.. what? 850 health? But do as you please, it's your character. Once you do learn akuma.. he's a ****in animal, which is why I don't understand how he got ranked B tier in mago + nemo's tier list... really doesn't make sense.

lol @ a wall of text ;(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If only i could play a decent 'Rog :cry: or any defensive character for that matter!

what would you say is the best form of practice to get better at this game?? If it helps im playing Akuma/Juri... pretty much any glass cannon character. Ive just been playing computers on hard but the mechanical counters the computers throw out are kind of... discouraging. to say the least
Meet up with people on shoryuken.com and set up some endless matches. It really helps if everyone has mics. It helped me get better with El Fuerte's mixup game, namely to stop wall jumping so much.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Someone threw a water balloon at my ps3 (on accident). It freezes up after about 20 sec. of it running.

Does anyone know what's wrong/how to fix it?
LOL what the heck was a water balloon doing near a ps3 in the first place?

can't you send it in?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ugh.. I can't seem to do anything right today in my matches. I've been getting hit by DPs when I should know better.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
I definitely know where youre coming from! Akuma feels pretty inconsistent at times... the low health makes an on screen fight look like my advantage but the health bars can tell a completely different story. :/ I did have some success with ryu so i might stick with him for awhile

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Hmm, I was about to argue that Cammy is sexiest, but that wouldn't be true. I will say that she is the most attractive character in SFIV, however.

lmao, why does Mago insist that Cammy is top tier? That's bananas.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/07/13_trailershot.jpg
My predicition is that SSF4 will get its announced date for PC/Arcade/DLC update version. This will included new features, new moves, and new charecters. Not a clue what they'll call it.

As for the third, concealed picture. . .
The art style on the two are far too different to be the same pic, I'm sorry, but they are clearly separate things.

This also can't be Jin's hair. Jin's hair does not ark up this high. This is like some Incredibels ****. The hair shoots nearly straight up. It can't be his bangs either, for one, this is clearly one large block of hair.
Its clear to me that this magnificent hair can only belong to one person
http://api.ning.com/files/SJTOYy190...-8R-5ISU9Bj-LqfMFwYOOUY61Zqve2B-m/dimitri.jpg

I'd also like to note that when asked on Twitter, Ono did not deny that a Dark Stalkers was coming when he responded both times.
"I'm forced to silence. . . Shhh!"
"Its my life's work"
Was the jist of what he told them.

For this, I predict its exactly what we thought all along.

They will announce the new version of Street Fighter, and the new Dark Stalkers.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
If it's a new version of SF let it be 2-D again with super crazy sprites, remove all of the stupid bs Ultra's/Supers (Ex-Options are fine), and you'll have a Top-Tier Street Fighter game.

Ultra's were watered down in SSF:IV but it was just absolutely ******** to see so many players come back to victory because they were able to score Ultra more then once within a round...that's just dumb and compensates the losing player for playing bad (Like that one round Daigo landed Metsu-Hadouken twice even though he was losing the round, but was able to come back and beat Ricky because of that factor). My goodness when is Capcom ever going to realize that doing nearly 50% damage in an instant doesn't improve strategy.

SSF:IV is a way better SF game then its last predecessor but Ultra's are still so stupid and it was exceedingly apparent in numerous matches during Evo. If you removed all of the Ultra's that took place, man was it great to watch some solid footsies, zoning that went down, especially Sabin's Sim, absolutely amazing.

Also, I've noticed that there are more people willing to play Ryu now since after Evo2k10, lmao...what a joke, first he "wasn't good enough and was nerfed too much" but now he's "Ryu is awesome man!".

Sigh...Bandwagon people, it's good to be a Purist Player.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
LOL what the heck was a water balloon doing near a ps3 in the first place?

can't you send it in?
i dunno.

I might be able to send it in, it depnds on how much it would cost.

edit^^ you're right about ultras but supers? I love supers, when you're down you still have a chance but ultras just blows that concept out of the water with all the damage it does.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
This games sorta difficult to play at a decent level, I'm getting owned pree bad by people...and computers XD

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd like to see a new version of Street Fighter Alpha. It'd be a nice change of pace from SSFIV...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
you're right about ultras but supers? I love supers, when you're down you still have a chance but ultras just blows that concept out of the water with all the damage it does.
You can't have supes without Ultras. Slippery slope =/= bad. Someone kills you the first round, didn't you a single bar, now they have full super and you've got nothing. Good game. Come back mechanics are necissary. The trouble is not the ultra meter itself but that some Ultras are a little too powerful.

Let's just give everyone Fei Long's ultra II.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm like 99.99% sure that Rolento, R.Mika, and Nash are going to be DLC.

They just added avatars for them FOR NO REASON WHAT SO EVER on psn and two of them just happen to be characters that Ono was pushing to be in SSF4.

Top Bottom