• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I remember seeing that on the stream. Apparently taunting in real life during the match can produce better results. lol

kr3wman

Smash Master
juicebox does the ultra in real life whenever he hits with hit.

which is pretty dumb considering Abel has one of the easiest to combo into ultras, so I wouldn't know if it's really distracting other than the fact that your opponent must think you're ********. (If they never played/know you.)

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
thats not the reason he got salty, he was already frustrated before that last match.....thats why he taunted in the last round and eneded up loosing for it, i guess that pushed him over the edge and the stick went flying, lol.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I'm not surprised, back when I used to play during Hyper Fighting, I once got beaten up pretty badly by a guy who was like 19 or 20 at the time, while I was only in my early teens. He got mad because he couldn't deal with my footsies and projectiles with Ryu...go figure eh.

I've seen chairs flying before, and guys waiting out in the parking lot to "fight you" because they lost. This isn't anything new to me, and I was actually expecting someone to break during these matches.

What I don't get is how Scumbag was at full life and right after the taunt just simply lost all every part of his composure, I mean, you HAD the win, all you had to do was force Juicebox to come to you, however this is what happens when your frustration leads to pride and you lose for it.

If anyone wants the current results thus far, this is it...

Winners Bracket:

- Shizza (Chun-Li) vs. Alex Valle (Ryu)
- E.G. Justin Wong (Rufus) vs. Arubi "RB" Kao
- Daigo Umehara (Ryu) vs. Lamerboi (Guile)
- J.R. Rodriguez (Gouki) vs. Mike Ross (E. Honda)
- Dr. Chaos (Ken) vs. Soon Young Yim
- Vance "Vangief" Wu (Zangief) vs. Banana Ken
- Henry Cen vs. Rico Suave (Abel)
- Ricky Ortiz (Rufus) vs. Ari "fLoE" Weintraub (Chun-Li, Rufus, Sagat)

Losers Bracket:

- John Choi (Ryu) vs. Sanford Kelly (Sagat, Cammy)
- Big Marcus vs. Infiltration (Akuma, Juri)
- Tokido (Akuma) vs. Hugo101 (M. Bison)
- Juicebox Abel (Abel) vs. Wolfkrone (C. Viper)
- Arturo "Sabin" Sanchez (Rose, Dhalsim) vs. WarahK (Guile)
- Eita (Akuma) vs. GamerBee
- L.I. Joe vs. FYC Ryder (Abel)
- Tatsu (Vega) vs. Online Tony (Seth)

Cannot wait for the John Choi vs Sanford match up, that is going to be Epic! Especially if it's Ryu vs Sagat, the Eternal Rival Match!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Personally, I want to see J.R. vs. Mike Ross streamed, as well Tatsu vs. Tony, Juicebox Tony, and I guess those are the mains ones I hope get streamed

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Cole vs Daigo was great

Cole should have won earlier when his super magically whiffed which almost cost him the round, however it was great, and Cole represented well.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Justin Wong losing out to Gamerbee, it seemed like Wong had no answers up against them Jaguar kicks, and not only that, but his divekicks were constantly getting punished by Gamerbee, I was wondering why he didn't mix it up alittle bit more, however oh well.

Vangief and Mike Ross are representing USA, and I'm hoping Vangief takes it all, the dude is serious business. Come on USA, take it to the house!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The Evo matches that went on today were so good. I love it.
Tomorrow's matches are going to be awesome. I'm hoping Grand Finals won't be too one-sided.

After seeing the matches here today, that shouldn't be the case.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Theer was A LOT of close *** matches. My favorite was prolly Mike Ross vs Dr Chaos.
That match was really good. You can tell how nervous they both got towards the end.
I pretty much gasped and nearly jumped out of my seat once Mike Ross got that jumping fierce out.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
that stream never showed the stick clearly being thrown, i really wanted to see footage of him clearly tossing the stick.

also, etwist where the hell have you been, did you make some new psn or something? I wanna fight your headbutt-reversaling rog again...

edit: 666'th post.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I really doubt Mike Ross will beat Diago unless he steps up his game from last night. He played so sloppy.
Vangeif will probably shut down Ricky, but perhaps Ricky knows something that Wong does not. We will see.
Shiz versus Infiltration could go either way, but I'd put my money on Inflitration.
Can't see Gamer Bee losing now. He's trampled everyone in the losers brackets, and I imagine he'll do the same against this Honda.

If it ends up being Gamer Bee versus Infiltration in this situation, Gamer Bee will likely take it based on the massive Akuma Killing he's done thus far.

kr3wman

Smash Master
horrible intro to MvC2 finals lol.

edit : most intros will be horrible if they're all made by the same guy.

I wanna see what Maj came up for Evo.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
also, etwist where the hell have you been, did you make some new psn or something? I wanna fight your headbutt-reversaling rog again...
Someone threw a water balloon at my ps3 (on accident). It freezes up after about 20 sec. of it running.

Does anyone know what's wrong/how to fix it?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Justin Wong puts way too **** much faith in Rufus' Ultra 2 I don't know why he uses it in as many matchups as he does. Yeah it's good for stuffing jump-ins but ultimately its sole purpose is to counter projectiles. If your opponent's character doesn't have projectiles or has a projectile like Sonic Boom whose recovery is too fast to punish, there's no reason why you shouldn't go Ultra 1. Ultra 1 has a billion links into it, it's practically free damage. Ultra 2 is only free damage if your opponent throws a fireball at you from mid-screen, otherwise you have to mindgame your way into it.

kr3wman

Smash Master
he was probably wanting to reaction ultra those jaguar kicks, but gamerbee knew the matchup.

EDIT : OH **** MAJESTROS

EDIT : wow that was nuts.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Reaction Ultra is so lame though. It's good once in a while but it's a bad idea to consistently rely on a mindgame to win matches. He did this in Super NorCal Regionals against AndyOCR too in WF and the same thing happened.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Reaction Ultra is so lame though. It's good once in a while but it's a bad idea to consistently rely on a mindgame to win matches.
Reaction Ultra is so lame though.[...] it's a bad idea to consistently rely on a mindgame to win matches.
Reaction Ultra [...] bad idea to consistently rely on a mindgame.
Reaction [...] mindgame
what.

10whats.

SF2 is always fun to watch.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
what.

10whats.

SF2 is always fun to watch.
lol that's basically what reaction supers and ultras are though, mindgames. It's something that you have available to you as an option in case you do have a chance to use it on reaction.

Anyway, I think Daigo and Justin should have like a big MM or something this Evo since they're not going to meet in tourney anymore.

kr3wman

Smash Master
4-way round robin like the world championships taiwan - korea - USA - Japan, with Tomo Ohira as Final Secret Boss using Evil/True Ryu or something.

EDIT : alright that last one was good just for the Guile theme meme reference.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Because G4 is helping stream so they have a lot of say in who commentates.

I think GamerBee just has an effect on people where he makes them throw out random Ultras.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why the balls is Adam Sessler commentating?
To be honest, I'm happy that he is. I've noticed that he's asked quite a few questions regarding fighting games, and considering that G4 has a broader audience then, say, SRK, he's probably helping get the info out there about these games.

Top Bottom