• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Cody looks too bad ***. So many characters I wanna main in this one, its insane. I'm loving the new themes as well, can't wait to hear Adon's in full in particular.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I never bought IV and I want a new 2d fighter to play so I'm defintley gonna check this title out.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
With what they've shown for this game I can see it being the best fighter of 2010.

I'll wait to see more on the new characters since the characters are going to be rebalanced I'll wonder where Cody and Guy will fit in. Adon might be the newest upcoming character that I'll look at since I enjoyed using him in the Alpha series.

If they get online play to work well then this will be better than SF4.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I don't know, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Ultimate All-Stars might take the best fighter title of 2010 at this rate. ;p ♥

♣ I really hope Super Street Fighter IV has Makoto. Nanase seems impossible but I hope for her to. ;p ♥

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Gonna sell SF4 and get this when it comes out
CAMMY FTW!!
Ono has said that they'll have a little something for those that bought Street Fighter IV. He didn't state what it was though.
So make sure you sell your copy after buy Super instead of before.

♣ I don't know, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Ultimate All-Stars might take the best fighter title of 2010 at this rate. ;p ♥

♣ I really hope Super Street Fighter IV has Makoto. Nanase seems impossible but I hope for her to. ;p ♥
I hope Makoto makes it in too. Judging by the rumored list, she should.
And since they hinted Ibuki, they should try to include her rival, Makoto, as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-O2YCtCbqE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGxG1f5_JPo

Just wondering what you guys are thinking. This looks like it is going to be about as good as SFIV to me.
There's already a SFIV thread in the Light House.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121930
So maybe a mod should close this topic or merge it.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Alright!

Cant wait to play some SSF4, I just hope they add SF3 characters like Ibuki,Makoto and Dudley.

I also just hope they have the usually combos like they did. Because Dudley would probably be my best next to Balrog in SSF4 if he gets in.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If that is Hakkan, that' a lot less stereotypical than I thought he would look like.

Oh well, I'm sure his English voice will make up for it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Still awaiting translation, but, in the meanwhile, enjoy the insanly teasin pics >_< and the Juri side boob <3
http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/nakky_blog/2009/12/11_412.html

some breif points-

Whilst we wait for our friend Azrael to translate the blog, here's some tidbits I found (via using translation tools) to mull over:

- Confirmation that host can choose the order people play and you can look at the waiting list for who's next on

- All characters theme songs will appear

- Either dudley is in or out, can't make out which (he is specifically mentioned though)

- people who bought the IV costume alternates are able to download them again for free

- no more new characters revealed 'until the last minute'(this might match up to that rumour about the last characters being revealed at the GDC?)

- All of the old stages return (though there is 'less redness in the volcanic stage')

- When asked if it is Geki or Ibuki that is throwing the kunai at guy, confirms that it is not Geki.

- Confirmation that "SFIV is actually inside the game", does this mean we can select 'vanilla' SFIV mode?

- There are no plans for new destructable objects like drums, boxes

-There will be an online update shortly after release, if it's ported to the arcade(?)

- Confirmation that Championship Mode returns. But this time you can get properly demoted to the grade below should you lose enough points. Seems that all the GP requirements are the same as before for each grade

- "the trailer for existing characters has not yet been published, should be around the new year"

- SSFIV will not support 1080p output

- PC version is undecided at this moment

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
So this would be the "tease but doesn't give too much info update," then?

Africa stage probably means Elena.

In fact that looks exactly like Elena's stage (isn't fighting that close to hippos really, really dangerous?).

Also, all character theme songs means Dee Jay, Honda, Dhalsim, and Balrog are all getting their themes, which makes me very happy (the only theme I wanted to hear that was actually in the game was Chun Li's, though I ended up liking the whole soundtrack anyway).

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
- no more new characters revealed 'until the last minute'(this might match up to that rumour about the last characters being revealed at the GDC?)

- SSFIV will not support 1080p output
Aww :(

Africa stage probably means Elena.

In fact that looks exactly like Elena's stage (isn't fighting that close to hippos really, really dangerous?).
Doesn't necessarily mean she'll be in SSFIV, if that's what you're implying. *Points to Rolento's stage*

About hippos being dangerous... lol

I will say that I'm glad I looked through the Info about the new blog post, w/ pics To see a nice pic of Sakura gettin wrecked by a kunai. I MEAN JUST INCASE THERE WAS ANY DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT THEY WERE TAKING HER OUT.
I especially like how they're really playing out the "KUNAI APPEARS FROM UPPER-CORNER OF SCREEN. *GASP* WHO COULD IT BE?" card. Come on, reveal Ibuki already. lol

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Doesn't necessarily mean she'll be in SSFIV, if that's what you're implying. *Points to Rolento's stage*

About hippos being dangerous... lol
If the rumor list is any indication, she won't, but that list has been proven to be partially false so who knows really. I just hope she still has the pizza, pizza, pi, pizza, pizza pi, pizza in her hair!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If the rumor list is any indication, she won't, but that list has been proven to be partially false so who knows really. I just hope she still has the pizza, pizza, pi, pizza, pizza pi, pizza in her hair!
Well we pretty much know Ibuki is in, no doubt on that. Dudley stands a good chance seeing as how he was mentioned by name (Nakky's recent blog update) but was neither confirmed nor denied. Which is remarkable because R. Mike and Geki were also mentioned by name but were confirmed absent, this alone makes the statement rather intriguing. Makoto is really the one who is up in the air in my opinion, but she does have that whole Ono group statement that adds a little bit her chances.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
I've never played Final Fight, but wouldn't a Metro City stage count for everyone from that game, technically?
Technically, but I--and I assume others--pretty much attribute Rolento with that stage. I mean, it was HIS stage in Alpha 2, if I'm not mistaken. :v

The list is holding up well, actually. Everyone confirmed so far is on the list, so I'd say it's pretty accurate. Good thing, too, 'cause my Makoto being in SSFIV = done deal. Just hope they don't screw her up too much.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The list is holding up well, actually. Everyone confirmed so far is on the list, so I'd say it's pretty accurate. Good thing, too, 'cause my Makoto being in SSFIV = done deal. Just hope they don't screw her up too much.
I'm not talking about the characters just some things like the arcade loke tests and some other things.

Well we pretty much know Ibuki is in, no doubt on that. Dudley stands a good chance seeing as how he was mentioned by name (Nakky's recent blog update) but was neither confirmed nor denied. Which is remarkable because R. Mike and Geki were also mentioned by name but were confirmed absent, this alone makes the statement rather intriguing. Makoto is really the one who is up in the air in my opinion, but she does have that whole Ono group statement that adds a little bit her chances.
I know about Geki, but when was Mika mentioned? Part of me hopes she gets in since I'd kill to see Fuerte have a fanboy fight with her.

If anyone who's not on the list doesn't make it, there's always the possibility of SSFIV Turbo, but I wouldn't count on it these days.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
If there are only three SFIII characters, then I'm hoping against Makoto, but only since, if Ibuki and Elena are as confirmed as we think they are, that means that it's Dudley versus Makoto, and, well, I'm goin' with the gentleman on this one.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If there are only three SFIII characters, then I'm hoping against Makoto, but only since, if Ibuki and Elena are as confirmed as we think they are, that means that it's Dudley versus Makoto, and, well, I'm goin' with the gentleman on this one.
There is no reason to assume Elena is in. There is a lot more reason to assume that Makoto and Dudley are.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Not Makoto. Other than the rumor list, there is no reason to assume she will be on. Ibuki and Dudley have been hinted at, they won't even mention Makoto.

best troll face ever.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
There is no reason to assume Elena is in. There is a lot more reason to assume that Makoto and Dudley are.
I'm assuming there's an African character since there's an Africa stage. Since Elena is the only preexisting Africa character, I would think that's reason to assume she's in, or at least going to be referenced. It's at least more than "no reason."

Top Bottom