• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter 4!!! DISCUSS

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
chops, i'm now subscribed to this thread i don't want to be a part of, but opinions don't negate facts.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
im not arguing at all lol its afro doing the work for me. i said i was done posting abotu the subject. so im staying neutral or agreeing with afro one of those

SleepyK

you can't stay neutral if you agree with one of the opinions.
i have no idea what this is about btw.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I just bought this game. This would be my first SF that I seriously play. I never got the chance to get into SF2 or the fighter genre as a whole until recently. I hope I've got the credentials for improvements.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yea. you guys shouldnt be arguing over the melee and brawl competitive whatnot in here. what you should be talking about is whos idea was it to give Sagat a ****ing overhead
yeah, about that overhead...i dunno what Capcom was smoking, man...it's even a FP overhead at that... :ohwell:
XFD!!

Yeah i remember goin to my friends house, playing SF4 and saw that.

I think I heard taps playing in the background at that point.
Same reason why when you play some random scrub in melee they always pick kirby or pikatchu.
Hey me and my kirby are offended by that comment. :|

LIL FREEDOM FIGHTER!

Vijin

Smash Ace
XFD!!

Yeah i remember goin to my friends house, playing SF4 and saw that.

I think I heard taps playing in the background at that point.

Hey me and my kirby are offended by that comment. :|

LIL FREEDOM FIGHTER!
:laugh: Heavyhands linked me to a vid of your Kirby so we all know it's legit.

I don't know about melee/brawl vs SF4, but SF4 taunts are a hell of a lot cooler, I'll say that much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dLO9Skm3wM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8WN5bEfq3A&feature=related

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
yo, can every character short hop, and if know which can?

I told this guy there's no "Short Hopping" in SF4 and he says there is.

I know there's super jumping, but there's a difference between that and short hopping

Vijin

Smash Ace
The thing about Sagat is he can still fight up close.
First you've got an obstacle course of tigers to get through, and even when you DO get through the tigers, he's still dangerous up close. His combos do a lot of damage, and on top of that, YOU GOTTA GO THROUGH THE TIGERS AGAIN because he can knock you so far away. He can cover a lot of distance in the blink of an eye with fake-kick into tiger knee.
So overall Sagat is good anywhere. As far as I know he's in a tier all his own.

SlapY0Self

Smash Rookie
Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!

GA Peach

Smash Lord
The thing about Sagat is he can still fight up close.
First you've got an obstacle course of tigers to get through, and even when you DO get through the tigers, he's still dangerous up close. His combos do a lot of damage, and on top of that, YOU GOTTA GO THROUGH THE TIGERS AGAIN because he can knock you so far away. He can cover a lot of distance in the blink of an eye with fake-kick into tiger knee.
So overall Sagat is good anywhere. As far as I know he's in a tier all his own.
exactly. ST Sagat wasn't that good in close quarters, but SF4 Sagat is still solid, regardless of position.

vericz

Smash Champion
yeah, I especially like how you can space and combo crouching fierce into tiger uppercut.

crouching fierce > tiger uppercut > EX cancel > dash forward > forward roundhouse > tiger destruction.

it's a 0 to omgmybutthole combo.
Even a double roundhouse to low ex tiger shot takes about half the bar its crazy

SleepyK

marty help help
i want to learn sf4 but I can't bring myself to practice.
the lack of a good stick is a partial contributor but the main reason is i am a lazy bum.

for the record i am considering learning from ernesto if he'll help me out but that would still involve practice.

maybe i should get a stick...

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I'd play more SF4 but I like Vega... and I don't want to invest the time/effort to be decent with my favorite character when I know I'll get ***** because he's bottom tier. :(

SleepyK

mike, the tiers only go as low as B... (or maybe c now, I haven't checked since the last update)
so you could still do well

perfect example - that dhalsim player won a huge national tournament, beating a sagat player (whose name escapes me at the moment) and dhalsim is low A tier.
you can still do well enough with vega.

time and effort are what make a game worthwhile.
easy to pick up and play, hard to master = recipie for golden games.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
mike, the tiers only go as low as B... (or maybe c now, I haven't checked since the last update)
so you could still do well

perfect example - that dhalsim player won a huge national tournament, beating a sagat player (whose name escapes me at the moment) and dhalsim is low A tier.
you can still do well enough with vega.

time and effort are what make a game worthwhile.
easy to pick up and play, hard to master = recipie for golden games.
Hot ****! I need to get up on some 4 then.
Marty needs to magically appear and teach me basic SF4 tech. :dizzy:

SleepyK

sf4 isn't really a technical game, but a lot of the stuff requires strict timing. you definitely need to sit down with it and practice your bnbs and basic (i forgot what marty told me they were) combos that are in the game automatically. you also need to go online and read about the link combos and technical stuff, but there isn't a terrible amount of tech to get used to tbh.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
going through the hard trials should be enough for some combos, even some of the normal trials have nice bread and butter stuff. After that just learn your pokes and your priority and you're good to go.

Dhalsim is good at faking people out of their shoes with teleport and his ultra, and his air fierce and crouching fierce is where it's at. Clint would teleport and space air fierce's all day against sagat.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
I'd play more SF4 but I like Vega... and I don't want to invest the time/effort to be decent with my favorite character when I know I'll get ***** because he's bottom tier. :(
negative.

u wont get ***** cuz hes bottom tier cuz i dont get *****.

and i play alotta of good fukkin players.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Dumb question for all you good sf4 players, where do i find the "Smashboards" of street fighter tournaments?

Top Bottom