• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategies to Use to beat Mewtwo

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I found this thing that I made in 2002

Strategies to use to beat Mewtwo
1) Don't stay above him / he's the best juggler in the game
2) Attack fast; Use combos / Don't give him time to charge up his shadow ball. His attacks are powerful but slow. Also, combo him quickly so he can't escape with teleport.
3) Guard the edge / Mewtwo's teleport is great for recovering, but it doesn't do damage
4) Double team him / all of his attacks only go on 1 direction. He doesn't have a clear-out move.
5) DON'T CHARGE RIGHT AT HIM! HE WILL DISABLE YOU!

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I found this thing that I made in 2002

Strategies to use to beat Mewtwo
1) Don't stay above him / he's the best juggler in the game
Very true, even now... no wait... isn't that Marth??

2) Attack fast; Use combos / Don't give him time to charge up his shadow ball. His attacks are powerful but slow. Also, combo him quickly so he can't escape with teleport.
Makes sense.

3) Guard the edge / Mewtwo's teleport is great for recovering, but it doesn't do damage
Not exactly sure what this means... it's easier to guard the ledge if he's already used his 2nd jump right?

4) Double team him / all of his attacks only go on 1 direction. He doesn't have a clear-out move.
*coughs* U smash hits in both directions. But you have to be LUCKY to get the last hit to connect. Double team him??

LOL. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

How to beat Mewtwo? Just pick Marth or Sheik...

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Fox is worse for Mewtwo IMO... stupid slow double jump getting shine spiked and usmash killing him at like 60...
Depends on the Fox, and how good the Mewtwo is. Beware of Taj if you think that.

also, M2K's insight is perfect, I'm going to remember to watch out for those disables when I play all those Mewtwos in tourney.
You better. you may be playing me at MM16. I'll loose, but I'll disable you first!!! :p

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
it depends more on the Fox's skill than the Mewtwo's :p Like, seriously, if Fox gives Mewtwo free grabs of course it's not as bad as a marth that just fairs until he hits you and then combos it into fsmash. But Taj himself has said that Forward's Fox has always given him the most trouble. Once Fox plays gay enough, it's unwinnable...

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
it depends more on the Fox's skill than the Mewtwo's :p Like, seriously, if Fox gives Mewtwo free grabs of course it's not as bad as a marth that just fairs until he hits you and then combos it into fsmash. But Taj himself has said that Forward's Fox has always given him the most trouble. Once Fox plays gay enough, it's unwinnable...
Which is what I meant by "depends on the Fox". there really isn't much a Mewtwo can do to stop him if he approaches the right way. the Mewtwo can be trouble if the Fox doesn't treat the match like a god teir character...

quak

Smash Champion
i don't remember who i heard this from but

pick puff, CC rest/sh rest/rest, if you miss, ur a bad player

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
OMG! WHERE DID I HEAR THAT ^ FROM??

And is Gimpyfish really banned? Or is that his personal title xD!

EDIT: I remember now. Power thirst melee made me lol xD!

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I started thinking about this. In all seriousness, I see some merit in CC > disable. This isn't something that I see M2 mains taking advantage of, really. From the perspective of the other player, it could be something that would slow things down and could shift the momentum to M2's favor if used at the appropriate time.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I started thinking about this. In all seriousness, I see some merit in CC > disable. This isn't something that I see M2 mains taking advantage of, really. From the perspective of the other player, it could be something that would slow things down and could shift the momentum to M2's favor if used at the appropriate time.
I do it sometimes, and I'm sure others do it too. If you wanna discuss it this is the wrong thread though. :laugh:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Yeah, but I didn't want to double post in Taj's thread. HAHA
Ah, well I've posted there, so head on over. We can discuss it.

oh **** i don't want to get disabled
FEAR THE POWER... *coughs, crickets chirping*

Mewtwo should've been the best character in Melee. Boy did Sakurai and GAMEFREAK **** up bad.

"Why are Jigglypuff and Pikachu better than Mewtwo? That makes no ****ing sense." (A quote from a crew battle video from Genises)

/rant

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Cuz its not that good of an idea. M2 isnt one that should be taking unnecessary hits. Its better to space a disable oos, or just wait for a shield grab cuz ur prob gonna grab a disabled opponent anyway.

hamonyou

Smash Cadet
i think mewtwo could be a good character if you were playing someone who was cocky. when they saw the mewtwo they may lose there competetive edge and just make stupid mistakes, and many people arent acustomed to playing a decent mewtwo

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Cuz its not that good of an idea. M2 isnt one that should be taking unnecessary hits. Its better to space a disable oos, or just wait for a shield grab cuz ur prob gonna grab a disabled opponent anyway.
You're probably right. M2 is a little too floaty to depend on CCs.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Its not that. Its just that there are better options. Dtilt combos into itself and most of m2s other moves including his grab.

If you succed in disabling then you are still left with one of the moves above. Mid-low [~100%] ur not gonna kill with smash attacks.

Its ok to do on a rare occasion, but it gets you way to caught up trying to get it and the reward is too low to the cost.

CC dtilt is a go2 move. CC disable is a dontdo move.

Just watch how taj uses disable. He does retreating disables out of shield. Its decent spacing and if it hits its a free attack or an opp to capitalize on their poor spacing.

Top Bottom