• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategies to Use to beat Mewtwo

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Don't you beat mewtwo by freezing him with nidoqueen? It worked in Yellow.

But I used to think m2 was decent but when you thing about it he really isn't like his size, being on the edge, approach, not getting camped or whatever, being on a platform, covering himself,sucks at getting kills which really sucks because it's hard to approach good. I used to think pichu<m2 all the way. /but I tryed out m2 I did DJCs and stuff I didn't become amazing but still

he can tilt people and get a small combo going on them(non-ffer) but dude, I know for a fact I,m going to get bashed the H*** out of for this but is all m2 hase is a good grab game,WD,recovery and combos? I mean pichu has that stuff other than the great wd but pichu has more than just tilt and a shadowball approach, pichu has a mix-up full hop B, SHFFL, up-B and mindgame stuff like slow walk side-B. If that's all m2 has then pichu COULD I repeat COULD rise above him.

I,m not trying to bash him I,m just asking what does he have? I know I missed some cons

I,m not trying to make a pichu vs the world just to know what m2 has

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I wasn't in any shape or form asking anything about pichu. I would ask me for that like if i ever wondered how much lag their was for fair 15 non-L-canceled 7 L-canceled. If i needed to understand why he suck I would say range. No I was asking about m2's flaws, what are they other than he sucks on platforms, sucks when on the edge,his size/wieght, terrble moves,can't cover self,very little kill power, bad appraoch, and what esle or more detailed. I know his pros but yeah

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
thanks wow big,light,poor at avoiding attacks, he by have teleport(and it can become predictable) but he would have to start over at approaching and he isn't very good at it sooo, yeah. But he has good combos when he gets the hit. wow the more I look the more, I think, hhheeee sshhhouuuldddd bbeeeee high tier. :) keep up the work I will never hear that but I like to think someone cares.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't blame you for playing I,m not a douche I was just wanting to know his flaws better. I have been bashed the F*** out of for playing as pichu. What would they prefer an uber gay ice climber player?

SDC

Smash Lord
I don't blame you for playing I,m not a douche I was just wanting to know his flaws better. I have been bashed the F*** out of for playing as pichu. What would they prefer an uber gay ice climber player?
No they'd rather us all be another top tier fox/falco/marth/CF clone. I use the character I actually like thank you very much. Who the hell wants to main something just for the sake of winning? Use the character you like, and make him good.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
No they'd rather us all be another top tier fox/falco/marth/CF clone. I use the character I actually like thank you very much. Who the hell wants to main something just for the sake of winning? Use the character you like, and make him good.
lrn2play2win.

-DD

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Oh lol, I was just saying that standalone, I didnt catch the argument really.

But yea m2 has tooooo much ****ing swagga, easily the strongest looking character lol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Mewtwo has always secretly been one of my favourite characters. I still can't believe how they took such a strong Pokemon and made him so dinky in Melee. Can you bring yourself to imagine how he'd be like if he were top 3 in the game?

SEXXX

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Same thing can be said for bowser. But I think they had an idea on who was going to be the best and the worse and how most people would play take fox super fast and his reflector think about ness's/G&W's thing. read the trophies they planed on sheik being gay like one strong hit into another. roy's sword has foam on the tip. m2 is light and stuff think of his side-B vs fox's down-B. They didn't give kirby any useful moves. They loled at pichu hurting himself. Let's not give yoshi another jump.

ice climbers air game it took me about 2 matches to figure out only bair and up-air. Plus look at random moves meant to suck or be broken like gannon'sup-tilt to j-puff's rest. And they talk about how j-puff weaves throughout the air.

Oh and it says in the game guide that pikachu is meant for clever fighting and pichu is more nimble. Pichu is amazing for mindgames

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
pichu has mindgames cuz nobody knows what the **** hes going to do. I played silent wolfs pichu a few days ago and I felt like Id never seen any of the moves b4 lol.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Wow people that clueless about pichu and others? I,ve study all the guides even the ness guide and I know everyone's moves and junk. Like take kirby to FoD because he can't SD cancel and live their.

Pichu is hard to predict I,ve seen my brother rage quit vs my pichu because he couldn't land anything and kept messing with him. Really pichu is a mindgame monster. the random side-B or slow walk gets EVERYONE everytime.

I really doubt any other mindgames get to people that bad unless pichu had a rest like j-puff or ice climber fear grip.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea sometimes it is that bad lol, but once you see it its like antibodies and you build up immunity to it.

Pichu just lacks options, not doubting your ability or anything, and can be easy to counter. But then again so can the low/bottom tier cast

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I know mindgames aren't the only thing to use. I never spam anything other than maybe down-smash for ice climber, I freakin swear that move is better half the cast place together to make a melee monster.

But the antibodies cause them to react differently which I can use to help me. I help a simple idea. when you f-throw chain throw as pichu the best way to get out isn't DIing but to jab pichu when is done throwing you. But the jab only when pichu comes running at you. so pichu uses f-smash vs running grab they jab they jab F-smash and they get F***ed up and next time they won't try that even if you can SDI out of the most powerful smash in the game you still don't want to get hit so they just di and your chain throw is longer and you get more bang for your buck and then you can up-throw air move andd by the end you come get about 50% damage on them because they don't want to get f-smashed.

So let the antibodies be their own cancer. Makes sense?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Mewtwo has always secretly been one of my favourite characters. I still can't believe how they took such a strong Pokemon and made him so dinky in Melee. Can you bring yourself to imagine how he'd be like if he were top 3 in the game?

SEXXX
You mean the way Mewtwo should've placed since he's freaking MEWTWO?

I know in the next one they'll put in Godzilla and he'll be one of the worst too even though he's stronger than the atomic bomb and could squish Giga-Bowser with his TOE. :laugh:

Freaking idiots.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I know mindgames aren't the only thing to use. I never spam anything other than maybe down-smash for ice climber, I freakin swear that move is better half the cast place together to make a melee monster.

But the antibodies cause them to react differently which I can use to help me. I help a simple idea. when you f-throw chain throw as pichu the best way to get out isn't DIing but to jab pichu when is done throwing you. But the jab only when pichu comes running at you. so pichu uses f-smash vs running grab they jab they jab F-smash and they get F***ed up and next time they won't try that even if you can SDI out of the most powerful smash in the game you still don't want to get hit so they just di and your chain throw is longer and you get more bang for your buck and then you can up-throw air move andd by the end you come get about 50% damage on them because they don't want to get f-smashed.

So let the antibodies be their own cancer. Makes sense?
lol, I understand what you are saying. You are saying that you are not a noob and you do what good players should which is read react and adapt lol.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Wow I am mentally good, that's amazing to have, but I know I don't suck at playing i,m not great but I,m not bad so I could be great but I don't know it because I can't fight to many good people, but if you watched mango fight someone who sucked mango couldn't look nearly as amazing as when he beats m2k

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
he's referring to tilting as opposed to smashing the stick. so like going 1/3rd of the way to the edge when moving the control stick. similar to how walking speed changes with the amount of tilt you put on the control stick.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
if you tilt the control stick when you teleport you don't go as far

figured that out in like 2003 lol

(not really practical)
Youve caught my attention. What are you talking about? is that how you do the shortened teleports?

Ive always done them out of moonwalks which if what you say is true just means that I tilted and it wasnt backwards momentum.

or cutting the corner at the ledge for the shortened version

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Think of it as a Smash teleport and tilt teleport. Go to Battlefield and from the bottom platform, hold up + B. Then do the same thing doing a smash up + B and you should see the result right away.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I suppose it does work with some other characters. Another noticeable character would be Peach's Wall Bombing. If you tilt the stick you won't gain vertical, but if you smash you begin to gain vertical.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Think of it as a Smash teleport and tilt teleport. Go to Battlefield and from the bottom platform, hold up + B. Then do the same thing doing a smash up + B and you should see the result right away.
haha, that sounds alot easier then what Ive been doin lol.

Top Bottom