• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Straight from Sakurai's Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You should also keep in mind that he also said he went overboard with the roster despite it being the first thing he completed both before and after development started. Two days deciding the roster and a little less then two months completing it. Also, you are aware Iwata was stroking Sakurai's ego through out the entire interview and that Sakurai was basically advertising the game to the masses, right? Really, I don't care that some of the advanced techniques from Melee are gone but, for God's sake, quit hanging onto these strands of false hope. Honestly, even without them, Brawl appears to be a ton of fun and will easily have just as much replay value then Melee.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
dang, the you guys don't even believe the game's creator. That is sad. you'll make up excuses for everything.

If nothing else this purely proves that Sakurai DID NOT intend Dumb down the game.

I encourage you to go read the entire interview, this paragraph is taken from a section where he addresses the difficulty of pleasing both the casuals and the "core"gamers who go to tournaments.
It can be more advanced and dumbed down (as in "everything's easier to do"). Maybe you don't understand the word "advanced".

Also, since when is Sakurai a competitive player or answers question as if talking to competitive players? "More advanced" could simply pertain to Casual play. Let's see... Casual players play with items on.

There are more items now, one of them being the Dragoon. There are also Final Smashes. That's a lot of new "advanced" stuff for the Casual players.

Down2Earth

Smash Rookie
Aren't the brawl development team hardcore melee fans?

And comparing Sakurai to Hitler just shows how insane this place has got.

Replacement100

Smash Apprentice
Advanced can mean many different things.

He could mean technically, which is unlikely, due to the fact that he got rid of wavedashing.
He could mean in terms of knowledge and intelligence, knowing your opponents moves, spacing, etc. Which explains the reason as to why these forums currently may not understand it.
He could be talking about various features of the game concepts which involve a more philosophical and theoretical style of thinking, to explain each feature and arrive at conclusions about the game, and how to play.

All I know is that in theory, if he took out wavedashing then said that Brawl is more advanced - he must be talking in some way other than button-mashing and 'advanced techniques'. God knows he's smarter than all of you, and from the way he has designed some features - he's good with video game philosophy.
To put it this way - he created Brawl, as any idiot with half a brain knows, this is no easy feat. What have you guys done?

Damax

Smash Lord
It can be more advanced and dumbed down (as in "everything's easier to do"). Maybe you don't understand the word "advanced".
or you mean less button press? Squirtle's super wavedash is ****ing hard to do.

as far as everything's easier to do its mostly for Recovery/lag cancelling and wavedash right?

my theory is: online. So many button press online might be impossible.

still I'm just throwing this idea.

keep in mind that air dodging and dodging are now viable options and weren't realy in melee, you'd most often than not get punished afterwards for trying.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Anyone thinking otherwise is an ignorant child. Anyone thinking this game has intentional depth is an ignorant child. Anyone who thinks down upon competitive players speaking the truth is an ignorant child. People who take Sakurai's word for fact are ignorant children.
Please don't use the word ignorant, it makes it too easy to say IRONY ALERT!

Hey! Let's compare this game that's been out in the US for like a few days to Melee! lol.

You kids gotta settle down.

Although this specific topic is rather stupid.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
or you mean less button press? Squirtle's super wavedash is ****ing hard to do.

as far as everything's easier to do its mostly for Recovery/lag cancelling and wavedash right?

my theory is: online. So many button press online might be impossible.

still I'm just throwing this idea.

keep in mind that air dodging and dodging are now viable options and weren't realy in melee, you'd most often than not get punished afterwards for trying.
No, everything's easier to do. Name anything that came back from Melee that's harder to do now (technically that is).

A majority of new techniques found in Brawl are also glitches (as opposed to the Melee ones which people just think are glitches). And glitches were not intended, hence Sakurai's not talking them when saying the game's more advanced.

HK-50

Smash Rookie
No, everything's easier to do. Name anything that came back from Melee that's harder to do now (technically that is).

A majority of new techniques found in Brawl are also glitches (as opposed to the Melee ones which people just think are glitches). And glitches were not intended, hence Sakurai's not talking them when saying the game's more advanced.
Harder =/= deeper or better

Damax

Smash Lord

harder to do? comboing, basically in melee so many moves could lend one into each others. specially because of the physics

Fox's waveshining vs Fox Dashing shine (basically a jump canceled into a shine alot like
SSB64) I can't tell if waveshining seems harder than fox's dashing shine right now

I think Teching is much harder than before specially on the ground, the timing has to be much tighter and you can't just hold the R button to tech.

oh and also edgeguarding IS MUUUUCH harder than in melee, more often than not putting yourself in a dangerous situation.

yeah so wavedash was definitly intended? it depends on what the word glitch has as definition. if its movement not intended by the games mechanics then try to name Glitches in brawl and melee and list them. I'll start you can help me fill out?

Melee
Wavedashing (sure airdodging on the ground has been seriously thought by the team, that's why they removed it... WRONG)
jump canceled grab
Invisible cellings
Samus's superwavedash
game and watch's oil panic super wavedash

brawl
Squirtle's super wavedash?
I don't think Fox's dashing shine is a glitch, simply using the move in the air as it is faster, just like I'd rather use kirby's hammer in the air.
the moonwalk/craq walk?
dash attack canceled into up smash Falco/Snake/Wario?

I wonder if melee's edge roll as edgehog was intended... its just sooo unreal. physically.... your not on the edge anymore. DANG, I lost the rest of the post, evil laptop... the Undo, redo options are SO useless... stupid forums...

it was something like: don't get hope for sakurai using advanced to describe brawl he is totaly in right to say it. I can complain about as much about brawl and melee but you don't see me going in melee discussions complaining. Brawl is also more classic fighter, which I enjoy and some people might not. bla bla, it was better and more developed but SWF pissed me off. At least its no more laggy

Edit: agree with HK-50

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
harder to do? comboing, basically in melee so many moves could lend one into each others. specially because of the physics
It's not harder to do technically. In other words, it's not harder to combo because it requires more technique. It's the game engine itself that's the problem.

Fox's waveshining vs Fox Dashing shine (basically a jump canceled into a shine alot like
SSB64) I can't tell if waveshining seems harder than fox's dashing shine right now
Waveshining is harder.

I think Teching is much harder than before specially on the ground, the timing has to be much tighter and you can't just hold the R button to tech.
Funny. I still tech just fine. Maybe that's because I don't hold it way in advance. I can't confirm whether this is true or not, so I'll take your word for it. So far, one technique.

oh and also edgeguarding IS MUUUUCH harder than in melee, more often than not putting yourself in a dangerous situation.
It's not harder to do from a technical standpoint. As in harder to do because of technique! My argument is that the game has been dumbed down technically. As such, there aren't going to be a whole bunch of ATs that are so hard to perform technically we still haven't discovered them even after a month+.

yeah so wavedash was definitly intended? it depends on what the word glitch has as definition. if its movement not intended by the games mechanics then try to name Glitches in brawl and melee and list them. I'll start you can help me fill out?
Who said Wavedashing was intended? I didn't. Wavedashing was not a glitch, though. It was just the unintended result of combining two game elements together.

L-canceling, however, was in no way a glitch.

Wavedashing (sure airdodging on the ground has been seriously thought by the team, that's why they removed it... WRONG)
jump canceled grab
Invisible cellings
Samus's superwavedash
game and watch's oil panic super wavedash
I said most of the things people call glitches aren't glitches. Not that they all are.

Wavedashing - Not a glitch. Unintended sideeffect.
Jump Canceled Grab - You know this is a glitch how? Jump canceling worked for a lot of things. Grabs, item throws and upsmashing. Just because it's gone does not mean it was a glitch.
Invinsible Ceilings - No one's ever claimed it's not a glitch
Samus' Superwavedash - Probably. I've never bothered to learn why it actually works
Game & Watch's Oil Panic "Super Wavedash" - You mean the one where he absorbs strong attacks and then releases them? How is it a glitch? How is it a glitch?!

Squirtle's super wavedash?
I don't think Fox's dashing shine is a glitch, simply using the move in the air as it is faster, just like I'd rather use kirby's hammer in the air.
the moonwalk/craq walk?
dash attack canceled into up smash Falco/Snake/Wario?
Moonwalking was in Melee. Why are we namedropping glitches all of a sudden?

You forgot a bunch of things, like Klaw/Hammer-cancel.

I wonder if melee's edge roll as edgehog was intended... its just sooo unreal. physically.... your not on the edge anymore. DANG, I lost the rest of the post, evil laptop... the Undo, redo options are SO useless... stupid forums...
Of course it was intended. They just didn't think it'd be so abusable.

it was something like: don't get hope for sakurai using advanced to describe brawl he is totaly in right to say it. I can complain about as much about brawl and melee but you don't see me going in melee discussions complaining. Brawl is also more classic fighter, which I enjoy and some people might not. bla bla, it was better and more developed but SWF pissed me off. At least its no more laggy

Edit: agree with HK-50
We don't make threads to complain, though (most of us). We don't make threads just to point out how the game sucks. I personally only reply with negativity when someone's exaggerating the game's assets. Why should I accept it when someone's practically lying about the game, misleading members who haven't played the game that much?

Aberu

Smash Cadet
Game is slower DOESN'T = game is less advanced. The way it is advanced is just different now. It's all up to mindgame strategies, move versus move clashes, grabs, and acquiring and using items properly. You take out items, sure, it is freagin boring and lame. Because the game was designed with items on. "Real men play with items on".

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Game is slower DOESN'T = game is less advanced. The way it is advanced is just different now. It's all up to mindgame strategies, move versus move clashes, grabs, and acquiring and using items properly. You take out items, sure, it is freagin boring and lame. Because the game was designed with items on. "Real men play with items on".
No one is saying Brawl is less deep because it's slower. Some of us just dislike the new slower game. We've never claimed it's less deep than Melee only because it's slower, however.

But one thing slowness does is take out Mixup games. The slower a game is, the harder it is to mixup since the slower the game is, the more reaction time you'll have to react to mixups.

Damax

Smash Lord
It's not harder to do technically. In other words, it's not harder to combo because it requires more technique. It's the game engine itself that's the problem.

Waveshining is harder.

Funny. I still tech just fine. Maybe that's because I don't hold it way in advance. I can't confirm whether this is true or not, so I'll take your word for it. So far, one technique.

It's not harder to do from a technical standpoint. As in harder to do because of technique! My argument is that the game has been dumbed down technically. As such, there aren't going to be a whole bunch of ATs that are so hard to perform technically we still haven't discovered them even after a month+.

Who said Wavedashing was intended? I didn't. Wavedashing was not a glitch, though. It was just the unintended result of combining two game elements together.

L-canceling, however, was in no way a glitch.

I said most of the things people call glitches aren't glitches. Not that they all are.

Wavedashing - Not a glitch. Unintended sideeffect.
Jump Canceled Grab - You know this is a glitch how? Jump canceling worked for a lot of things. Grabs, item throws and upsmashing. Just because it's gone does not mean it was a glitch.
Invinsible Ceilings - No one's ever claimed it's not a glitch
Samus' Superwavedash - Probably. I've never bothered to learn why it actually works
Game & Watch's Oil Panic "Super Wavedash" - You mean the one where he absorbs strong attacks and then releases them? How is it a glitch? How is it a glitch?!

Moonwalking was in Melee. Why are we namedropping glitches all of a sudden?

You forgot a bunch of things, like Klaw/Hammer-cancel.

Of course it was intended. They just didn't think it'd be so abusable.

We don't make threads to complain, though (most of us). We don't make threads just to point out how the game sucks. I personally only reply with negativity when someone's exaggerating the game's assets. Why should I accept it when someone's practically lying about the game, misleading members who haven't played the game that much?
oh I didn't think it had to be technique only.

then I must be ******** at using fox SSB64 style, I can waveshine easily while I can't do the jump canceled into shine of brawl...

In melee you could Hold the button after being hit and it would have teched, in brawl holding doesn't work, and hitting shield too fast doesn't work, took me some time to adjust as I was holding it.

Still I don't see the point of techniques. Techniques isn't all imo. its harder if its harder, technique or not. Chess doesn't have technique and wavedashes still its hard and complete as a competitive game. (lol I love using chess as exemple, but I guess there's a **** load of other exemples.)

ya mr.game and watch is prolly a glitch as he slide the stage with the oil kicking everything in his way because the enemy shielded.

actually that's the problem, so many people fight for that. SO many NEW threads about brawl suck. still its pointless. can't roam the forum without hearing trolls saying brawl sucks. I mean get a life guys if you hate it why do you keep bothering us brawl players? BUT this isn't a one sided problem of course. too many people with high hope about brawl. A living hope of expectation. come on guys, get over it. enjoy it or not, play or not that's all and that's personnal **** the rest for now leave it be. My point is such debate shouldn't exist on the forums, yet they do. If everyone could ignore such posts it would stop it all yet I can't tell everyone to shut the **** up. The hype itself brawl created in myself was a feeling worth living, as dumb as it sounds, being hype about something IS something weird/fun everyone has to experience in life and this time it was really priceless for me. And I'm not even a nintendo fanboy! (I use both non nintendo chars and main em LOL) Even if the game would have been bad and would be UN playable which isn't the case, the experience of this kind of hype was priceless. Worth any 50$ any time.

I still don't see why people keep to complain/argue about possitivism or negativism of brawl's competitive aspect as no one will ever convince anyone else. face it such reviews are also dumb as this is a teenage game and meant for fun as first mean. Leave the reviewing to Gamespot and other specialized site. Not melee heads

my post has no intent to offence someone. I understand everyone's standpoint. No I'm not a competitive brawl believer and I'm not a competitive brawl pessimist. I'm just ''Trying to see the yes and no'' And yet NO arguement from either side was strong enough.

Damax

Smash Lord
But one thing slowness does is take out Mixup games. The slower a game is, the harder it is to mixup since the slower the game is, the more reaction time you'll have to react to mixups.
actualy it brings back most fighter's sceme: delay mix up. as the opponent think of the following, predict he will try to avoid the next, wait and surprise him with a late attack

sry for double post

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Still I don't see the point of techniques. Techniques isn't all imo. its harder if its harder, technique or not. Chess doesn't have technique and wavedashes still its hard and complete as a competitive game. (lol I love using chess as exemple, but I guess there's a **** load of other exemples.)
The whole point of this thread is whether or not the game will be as "advanced" as Melee. The OP thinks this means it's in terms of technique, that there's a lot of Advanced Techs we haven't discovered yet.

Please don't jump straight into a thread without even knowing what's being discussed.

Chess is not Smash! It's not even a videogame! Stop comparing Smash to Chess!

ya mr.game and watch is prolly a glitch as he slide the stage with the oil kicking everything in his way because the enemy shielded.
It's not a glitch. It's just the strength of his attack. He slides differently depending on how strong the attack he releases is.

Skipped.

I still don't see why people keep to complain/argue about possitivism or negativism of brawl's competitive aspect as no one will ever convince anyone else. face it such reviews are also dumb as this is a teenage game and meant for fun as first mean. Leave the reviewing to Gamespot and other specialized site. Not melee heads
Because I point out facts. Others like to inject thier personal views without any facts to back them up. I simply refute people who says something that's wrong (using facts). I don't make threads just to complain nor do I step into threads just to complain. I'm simply de-hyping the game by pointing out what it truly is instead of blindly saying that everything's perfect.

I do this with everything, TV shows, videogames, movies.

actualy it brings back most fighter's sceme: delay mix up. as the opponent think of the following, predict he will try to avoid the next, wait and surprise him with a late attack

sry for double post
You don't get it, do you? This existed in Melee as well.

However, the slower the game is, the harder it is to delay mixup or mixup at all because the opponent has more reaction time to prevent himself from getting mixupped! How the hell does a slower game make it easier unless the player you're playing sucks and keeps falling for things because he's dodging in anticipation instead of reaction?

3D fighting games are a lot about mixups. Most of the things in 3D fighting games get blocked because they're quite slow. Good players will be hard to hit even with fast attacks because even the fastest attacks in 3D are relatively slow and can be blocked on reaction.

In 2D, you have to guess.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
I laugh while many of you underrate Sakurai, who is the genius who designed Smash Bros, the games you have been playing like crazy for eight years and has gathered this huge active community. Have some respect and faith on this man. He is one of a kind. Don't be so ungrateful and stupid. Please.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
this thread just shows the stupidity of the pro melee croud. They have already made up their minds that Brawl sucks. The won't look at it from a different view or anything. Even the creator says its more advanced. But no, rather than take this as a call to arms, they just say "Duhr, i have game one month and i right not game maker duhr"

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
So what does that make you?

Seriously, I wan to know. You obviously think you're better than everyone else, that you can just write people off so easily. Of course it has intentional depth. If they didn't want something in the game, like WD, they would've took it out, like WD. I don't think down on tourneyfolk, just the stupid ones who act as though they know everything, when they're actually just stupid n00bs.

How long has the game been out? 2 days? A month in Japan? You're saying that, in that time, you should know every little nuance of a potentially deep fighting game? Are you kidding? How long was it until WD was invented? In like, 2005, right? And wasn't it invented by mistake anyways? AND, wasn't it not used in competitive play until a few months after conception?

But I digress, this isn't about WD, now is it? It's about the impatience of you and others like you who, instead of trying to contribute to the solution of finding new techniques, instead do nothing except for sitting here on SWF's Brawl Discussion, whining and moaning about how your game isn't advanced or technical enough.

If you're not going to be of any help, if you're not even going to try to do anything, if you want to just stick with Melee, then fine, more power to you. But if you do all that and have the audacity to come here to b*tch about the game, that you don't know anything about, then it is you who are the ignorant child. I apologize, and this is not personal or anything, but I'm seriously sick of people who write folks like me as ignorant while putting themselves on some kind of upper platform without even giving the game a fair chance.

Okay, NOW I'm going to Tactical

*leaves*
Wavedashing was discovered within a year of the game's release. Come informed.

The rest of your post is null because you're basing opinions on me from nothing.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
This thread just shows the antipathy of the General Discussion crowd. They have already made up their minds that everyone is wrong except them. The won't look at any argument from a different view or anything. Even the creator says its more advanced. But no, rather than take this at face value, they just say "i has an internets and half an ideer so ur wrong idiort herp derp"

Seriously now, must every discussion turn into a flamewar?

People in general (and Yunie in particular):, the point of this thread was the OP's belief in something based on what the creator of the game said. It's not an affront to competitive Smashers, it's not manna from heaven that validates Sakurai's genius/stupidity, it's a bloody statement. People can believe what they want to believe, it's not a crime to have a differing opinion. What is infuriating is the fact that nobody can say what they think or believe without someone turning the whole thing into a flamewar. To make matters worse, it seems that the general populace can't tell the difference between an honest opinion, a personal attack, and a blatant troll. If you have something to say, say it in a manner that won't make you look like an ***. Choose your words wisely: don't typecast or use blanket statements. "Ignorant children" is not going to win you points with anyone really and it just causes more bickering. Stop beating the same dead horses into the ground, it's not good for the boards.

The rest of [Xaos's] post is null because he's basing opinions on me from nothing.
No, the rest of his post is valid. He's basing opinions on you from what you've posted in this thread. We aren't face to face, so that's all we can go off of. If you'd like to prove him wrong, please act to the contrary of his tirade. Just because we're on the internet, doesn't mean you don't have to take accountability for what you say and how people interpret it.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I laugh while many of you underrate Sakurai, who is the genius who designed Smash Bros, the games you have been playing like crazy for eight years and has gathered this huge active community. Have some respect and faith on this man. He is one of a kind. Don't be so ungrateful and stupid. Please.
lol, yea about 8-9 years :\ (smash bros original forever >_>, I still have my pikachu n64 lol)

courte

Smash Lord
its all in the sheild!! notice how it helps you when you want it but --you never expect it because it wouldn't be there for you in melee

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
its all in the sheild!! notice how it helps you when you want it but --you never expect it because it wouldn't be there for you in melee
Yeah it is all about the shield, the entire game is attacks out of shield, spamming projectiles, turtling, and defensive spacing. Aggression is so easily punished due to attacks out of shield.

What a terrible design... The more I play the more frustrated I become.

The one thing so far that has had real potential is dashdancing/trotting, and they added random trips to minimize that possible advantage... wtf. The technical depth and speed are why melee became such a cult phenomenon.

Take out everything that makes the game fast and furious, and slow down general gameplay? Add small amounts of lag in the seemingly dumbest places (like when you grab a ledge)?

Ugh... i'm really disappointed in the vision of Sakurai.

And btw, yes, us competitive melee vets do know that it's not going to be as deep. Many have had it for over a month and still feel that way...

Dreminem

Smash Cadet
I really don't know what to believe. I think we should all just wait and see. The possibilities of AT's being found that actually make the game more competitive with the low gravity, low hit stun, and high knockback are really low, but I'm sure there will be some things that will improve the gameplay of brawl. If not maybe Sakurai will patch the game? IDk, I am just going to wait and see though, so should the rest of you.

I'm not saying discussion about these things are bad but ignorant people are ignorant. There is almost no way you can change someones opinion about brawl when they love the game. Also you will not change someones opinion about melee since they love that game. As long as threads like this float around there will be arguements. Hell, even one post about brawl being fun or someone being glad that WDing and l-cancelling were removed will cause a 10 page topic of arguements. Anyways, I'm off to Pikachu's topic. Cya

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
I still wonder what makes people think that they are somehow more intelligent than Sakurai.
Their parents really screwed up raising them.

Seriously that guy has a million times the talent most of these kids have. Sure, cry about his game...When you both die who do you think will be remembered? Sakurai? The guy making quality nintendo games for years? Or the punk kid whining about his game?

PS. You don't have to LIKE Brawl, but when you call Sakurai "stupid" because you don't have mind reading abilities, please end your own existance.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It's not about his intelligence.

The man decided to make the game his way regardless of the fact that it wa amking the game less competitive then melee.

He didn't care about that, he cared about his vision.

His intelligence isn't in question.

What IS in question is why he chose to make a game so blatantly in favor of casual gamers vs competitive gamers.

Competitive players just think it's messed up that he and Nintendo have pretty much turned thier backs on us.

I mean, ****, it's not like they would made less money if they had made the game viable for competitives and casuals.

But they decided to screw us over.

I mean, that's ****ed up anyway you look at it.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Money > the satisfaction of a minuscule portion of the market

Their parents really screwed up raising them.

Seriously that guy has a million times the talent most of these kids have. Sure, cry about his game...When you both die who do you think will be remembered? Sakurai? The guy making quality nintendo games for years? Or the punk kid whining about his game?

PS. You don't have to LIKE Brawl, but when you call Sakurai "stupid" because you don't have mind reading abilities, please end your own existance.
Get off his nuts, rofl.

Having "talent" doesn't justify his intentional alienation of loyal customers. But who gives a ****? Sakurai created smash, and therefore we shall worship him for it. Never mind the numerous obvious flaws, they're unimportant.

If you create something, you should be prepared to take the ****ing criticism that coincides with its release.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

The man decided to make the game his way regardless of the fact that it wa amking the game less competitive then melee.

What IS in question is why he chose to make a game so blatantly in favor of casual gamers vs competitive gamers.

Competitive players just think it's messed up that he and Nintendo have pretty much turned thier backs on us.

I mean, ****, it's not like they would made less money if they had made the game viable for competitives and casuals.

The bolded statement is silly. You know as well as I do why he did what he did. Why bother asking an obvious question you know the answer too?

As far as alienating competitive gamers; they were working with a completely different engine. I am sure there were things they wished to implement but did not coincide well with the engine specs and whatnot. What we got is this. Is it bad? No. Does it have depth? Maybe. Does it matter? Only if you let it get to you on a personal level.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
I'm talking to all the people who call him stupid.

How do you know that? Even if he meant to make it less competitive, so what? go play Melee if you prefer it. I won't mock you for prefering Melee.

His game his vision. You want YOUR vision make your own game.

What IS in question is why he chose to make a game so blatantly in favor of casual gamers vs competitive gamers.[/quote]
My guess is how annoying fans can be. Hell If I was him I would've done it too so people didn't take somthing i made for FUN so god**** seriously.

Competitive people, can go play competitive games, betting that brawl would be more or less competitive was an idiot bet.

I'm sure there are alot of reasons, some of which we have no idea...you got dealt your cards, now play or don't. But don't get mad at Sakurai for making a GOOD game.

Fans are crazy. People say the same thing when their favorite pair don't make out in anime's its really depressing. Just appreciate things for the way they are, and expect nothing when you have no control over it.

Get off his nuts, rofl.
I'd get on your nuts, but have you've ever made anything impressive?

Having "talent" doesn't justify his intentional alienation of loyal customers. But who gives a ****? Sakurai created smash, and therefore we shall worship him for it. Never mind the numerous obvious flaws, they're unimportant.
You don't need justification to do what you want with your own product. If your so upset make your own game...Or maybe in the future, don't turn a game into a new game, and get crazy mentally upset when the sequel is nothing like you warped it into.

If you create something, you should be prepared to take the ****ing criticism that coincides with its release.
Sure except most of you are ungrateful ***** who put importance on all the wrong things. So your criticsm is worthless.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
You don't need justification to do what you want with your own product. If your so upset make your own game...Or maybe in the future, don't turn a game into a new game, and get crazy mentally upset when the sequel is nothing like you warped it into.

It's not about the fact that it's not like Melee, just that it's not as deep as Melee. I'm willing to give it time, I'm trying to reserve judgement. What DOES bug me though, is all the casuals coming and saying how great it is that Brawl isn't competitive. It is. It always will be. Why join a competitive forum, if you're not a competitive gamer? (No, I'm not judging YOU MaximoSmasher, you never said anything like this. I do see people saying that kind of thing, though.) It just makes me angry. They look so selfish saying: "I love Sakurai for making Brawl less competitive." I've actually seen someone say that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom