• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Still no news to report? 'fraid so...

T

The Mario fan Boy

Up on the control stick should seriously stick to be used for up tilts and up smashes. Like u I dont know who the hell uses up for jumping n frankly if there are people that do than changing up for jumping still wouldnt be that bad cause they could easily get used to “Y”.

S

SIMON BELMONT

And the Castlevania character? IT WOUL BE AWESOME to see soma,Alucard,Simon,etc. please! At least one!

M

Maximum

Did any of you see the “wworl release trailer”. Its at Ign.com.
Their apears to be a mariokart stage.
Snake also has a rocket lancher…….

M

Maximum

Sorry for double posting i made a few errors, world release trailer.

T

The Mario fan Boy

The addition of a mario kart stage is an amazing idea… They should also put in a stage remenicent to twilight princess too.

X

XperimnT

I can accept the fact that no one else wants a combo system. It was just a suggestion that I wanted to see people react to.
If any Castlevania hero made the cut, it should be Dracula’s half-human son, Alucard (which is geniusly Dracula spelled backwards), but he made an appearance on the PlayStation. Nathan Graves from “Castlevania: Circle of the Moon” on GBA would be more likely anyway, because to qualify for Brawl they have to have been on a Nintendo system.
With reguards to the “Jump”,
I use the “X” button, but In some cases, I might use ^ on the control stick when Im standing.
For instance, if I play as Link, and I want to use the midair spin attack while on the ground, I will tap the stick ^ while I push “B” immediatley after, to do a spin attack jump directly from the ground. Practice that and you’ll see how useful it is for tricking people.

X

XperimnT

Also, Rayman would be an awesome character to add into the Brawl. Go play some Rayman games and you’ll see!
Dont forget about Earthworm Jim either! Someone would regret it if they never add these two in. (That is NOT a threat.)

P

prisoner_of_love

Lol, yea you would deffinately be accused of threatening the peace if not for that attractive disclaimer. Someone on the boards brought up a very good point that I never considered: ZSS is way less important to Metroid than Dark Samus and she got in, so why would Nintendo add a less popular and less important character without having already added the one that matters? This is further proof that Nintendo has done their part in making Dark Samus a possibility. Fliptroopa should update the post so we can start fresh, 18something is way to many posts.

Also Yoshi is all but confirmed with the inclusion of a Yoshi-Island stage in the trailer(its the one with the dig-dug island on the left and the slant platform in the middle, goes from day to dusk)

I believe Metaknight gliding is part of his upB. If you watch the battle on Link’s level(one where they destroy the platforms), he jumps in midair and does a flip, followed by stabelizing and gliding fowards. It just makes sense, and yet it is unfortunate that he will not be able to glide whenever, oh well.

Yes Rayman would kick arse in Brawl! I also have a personal interest in Spyro making it in, even though he probably would make low tier at best.

B

boo

yo

I want more metroid characters!!
Why don’t they get people from metroid prime on DS?
Sheesh!!

S

Sannannanctrum

all i whant to see from metroid is a sword weilding space pirate from MP2 and Ridley or meta ridley.

S

Shadow

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2686

a new super smash bros brawl trailer has been made

S

Sannannanctrum

wow, i love that trailer thanks I really belive that the new charecter is james mcloud,fox`s father to people who don`t know who he is.

T

The Mario fan Boy

I personally think zero suit samus is a fine addition to the game. We dont need her, but she is ok. Though the super smash bros brawl should have some more metroid items, besides the little ball thing. Maybe it could have some of the weapons, that samus uses from here games.

None of u may be saying anything but what this game really needs is more information, revolving around new characters and stages. Weve been desperatly waiting for a year to find out wat the game actually looks like and that it has Pit, Metaknight, Wario, and Zero Suit Samus as new characters. Now weve waited 6 months since then, for more news and we haven’t gotten anything, this is seriously getting, annoying… If nintendo isnt gonna let us play it soon, they could atleast let us know more about it.

M

Maximum

Wait Fox’s father?
Is in the game!
You sure it isn’t a new look for fox?

S

Sannannanctrum

i think so because since when has fox ever hold his gun like that.

U

uracazacowa

I think that fox would still look like his melee counterpart with a diffrent costume and refined graphics plus he looked better with that snout so i think the new charecter is james mcloud also.

H

Heonix

that better be james because fox looked the best he ever has in melee and should keep his melee apearence but change the basics.

H

Horronos

did they even say anything about the charecter but i am still agreing on what heonix is talking about.

H

Heonix

oh man it is fox i did not actulley reconize him from his melee couterpart,it was a common mistake for me.

S

Sannannanctrum

i never in a million years thought that that would be fox,oh well i guess james probabley would be too much like fox anyway.

T

The Mario fan Boy

Wow can that really be fox? That seriously should be james Mccloud. Fox should stick with his melee look. Falco should stay too. If Falco’s look changes to the star fox assault look, i’l shoot myself.

L

Leon Auron

man i hate how they changed fox`s look it was perfect in melee.

M

mysterykidd522

I think since they used the Wario from Wario Ware, I think Wario should be able to transform into WarioMan. And not by a move. Because in Touched!!, Wario ate an onion to trasform, and ate a bomb to transform back. This could work in the game.

STAFY MUST BE IN SSBB. Period. Legend of Stafy is one of the funnest series ever. Hardly anyone in the US has heard about Fire Emblem before SSBM, and after SSBM, FE started coming out everywhere! This could be the case of Stafy. Stafy could be a really great/fun addition to SSBB!!

P

prisoner_of_love

Who is Stafy again? Why couldn’t it be James McCloud? I would like that to be the way Fox looks, its cool. What if James could take the place of Falco? When they showed that Fox figure jump, double jump, fall, it looked like the jumping mechanics from Falco, not Fox. Maybe they are confirming James taking the place of Falco, or Fox might not be in the game at all(although I seriously doubt that). Also don’t forget that they did announce who the character was, but it was written in Japanese when it showed up in the video, so Japan knows who it is but we don’t. How unfair can you get?

T

The Mario fan Boy

KK now ur talking crazy.. Talking out Falco would be one of the worst moves Nintendo would do. It just wouldn’t be right, instead they should add Wolf to the character selection. He would have some similar traits to Fox, like similar speed and similar strength, but they should have marginaly different effects like his up smash being weaker, but having no sweetspot, or having something completely different than the fox illusion like a rocket launcher. He could even have a type of Up-B that has different variations that could make it better or worse as a move.

Talking out Falco is a horrible idea but adding wolf (and Krystal) would be perfect. They should add James, but not over Wolf or Krystal and they shouldnt replace Falco with him either, but if he doesnt end up being in the game than he should deffinatly be in the naxt super smash game.

D

Darkfur

So… whens the site going to update with info about the new trailer….?

A

Andrew

OMG! ADD MORE NEW POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

smash fan #100000

hello my friends!!! lonf time no see!! my damn computer get damaged but I fixed it, so here I am again, you guys really write almost a book up there since Iwrote something last time, ok… talking about the falco remplaceement…it would stupid just as mario fan boy said and all what XperimenT said about the combo system would be cool, the characters of metroid prime hunters would be cool!!! imagine how many new charaters would nintendo put in on brawl!!

Maxium what are you talking about! he´s from starfox universe!! and what about the megaman characters!! zero, bass protomon and all of them! they would be cool just like sonic and shadow

S

smash fan #100000

….. I write with some mistakes but, you understand don`t you?

T

the guy that...don´t have any better to do

i want megaman and bass they are cool

P

prisoner_of_love

___ __ __ __ __
| \ /\ | \ | / | /\ |\ /| | | | | |
| | /__\ |_/ K |__ /__\ | V | | | |__ \ /
|___/ / \ | \ | \ __| / \ | | |__| __| V
O
Uum…that’s it.

P

prisoner_of_love

Haha, I spent like 8 minutes designing that so it said DARK SAMUS, and the stupid boards makes it look like $81J.

Top Bottom