• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Still no news to report? 'fraid so...

X

XperimnT

I dont own an Xbox. What can Xbox live do besides online gaming?

S

smash fan #100000

this page is suposed to be about nintendo, and its exactly the same xbox live that nds connection to internet and Wii future`s one I don`t have an xbox either and I never buy it, i`m loyal to nintendo since the super nintendo was released and I would keep it.

and I don`t really care about which characters are added or quited, I will anyway buy play smash forever!! !!

smash hardcore fan!!!!!!!!!!

T

The Mario fan Boy

Wow know I truly understand why u made ur name smash fan.

I too am loyal to nintendo. I refuse to ever get an X Box and i’m proud of that.

X

XperimnT

This page is for opinions and questions! Of course, its ABOUT Nintendo, but I dont know squat about online console gaming, and I’m only using Xbox live to pose a question about Nintendo Wi-Fi features. Shadow said “I think that the Wii should be like Xbox live too.” I asked what Xbox live does, so I would know what Nintendo Wi-Fi will be capable of. Thats all.
This website has no rules that ban simply mentioning the name of another videogame system, so dont act like does.
Of course Im a hardcore Nintendo guy, but its not wrong to play other videogame systems. Im not some Nintendo fanboy who spits in the face of their competition. I may dislike them because Nintendo is better, but I would still play an Xbox if my friend had one. I even have a PSP (which aren’t really selling many good games right now). Im not a Nintendo fanboy, Im a videogame fanboy in general.

To make my question a little more clear, I hear that Xbox live can do more than play online games. I heard there is like an online shop or something. I was thinking “what if” Nintendo Wi-Fi could feature more, like online chat, game communities, video chat, etc.

X

XperimnT

And if you dont care what character may make an appearance in Brawl or not, then stop posting your opinions here. That is what these opinions are about. Character, stage, and Game mode possibilities for the next Smash Bros. That is what everyone here has been talking about.

X

XperimnT

Hey, I just visited the Attack of the Show website, and theres a feed headline for Nintendo fans. You might wnt to check it out.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/TheFeed/index.html

S

smash fan #100000

……………….ooooookeeeeey, you write a lot man, but i don`t say that I don`t even play any other plataform (except playstation ones that sucks, specially PSP) I have a frriend that buyed his 360 and he invite me sometime to play it, because the 360 is a good plataform (not like playstation3) but I prefer Wii a thousand times, and I say that (that I don`t care and all that stuff) because i refered that it dosn`t matter which characters quit or add I will anyway buy it and play it for all my life but it is cool and fun to do this it makes more exiting it`s launch for me and I can dream with the characters I want on brawl and I can do it here and I think I have some good ideas and opinions to post here and maybe me or someone have a question about smething of the controll or something and someone can anzwer it including me

hey, mario fan boy I want to apologyse by the things I said about you, now with the things that you post I know that we are very similar in very inportant factors, so sorry my friend

LOYALTY TO NINTENDO FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

smash fan #100000

PSP SUCKS!!! it`s more like a very expensive celular phone with all that video-camara updates than a videogame “with” up-dates

X

XperimnT

Im not trying to be hostile, but you sound like an overdevoted 3 year old to smash brothers who thinks its their mother and father.
Lets stop arguing about stupid thingies.
I will admit that the Nintendo DS seems better anyway. Didnt you hear me mention: “the PSPs aren’t really selling many good games right now”?
Nintendo has Metroid Prime Hunters. ROCK ON.
Besides, is anyone going to answer my question?

T

The Mario fan Boy

I guess were cool know smash fan.

And ya LOYALTY TO NINTENDO FOREVER!!!!!!

Ohh ya Xperimnt I know that u can download games and do online chating and stuff on the 360

S

smash fan #100000

mmmh…. I think that maybe they should put another warrior woman just like samus

X

XperimnT

Dark Samus would work really well as another woman warrior, because she would work well as a villan also. Her attacks could be the scattershot version of the power beam, and maybe a phazon attack or two. The kind of phazon attack that continues to damage the opponent for a few seconds after impact. I think that if they can come up with another up+B attack besides what Samus has always used, that would be cool, too.
When it comes to unlockables, stages, characters, single player modes and options shouldn’t be the only ones to unlock. They should have some weapons and items you can unlock, as well as bonus VS modes. Whatever they can come up with. Who thinks they should bring back the bumper from N64?

S

smash fan #100000

that ideeas of samus you posted are fantastic, and what do you think of a hero from the world of comics?(spiderman,hulk, fourfantastic, x-men, etc…)

S

smash fan #100000

the bumper???…… ohh the bumper!!! yeah,tat think was one of my favorites items just because it is funny to play with it

S

smash fan #100000

I herd a rumor about shigeru miyamoto himself on brawl as a playable character…cool

T

The Mario fan Boy

I have to agree Dark Samus would be a great addition to the roster. She could easily be one of the more wanted female characters in Brawl (so far we’ve got Peach, Samus, Zero suit samus, Zelda, Jiggs, and Maybe Krystal).

P

prisoner_of_love

not that it matters at all mario fan boy, but how did you conclude that jiggs is a girl? that doesnt make any sense. anyway couldnt dark samus use a b up like pikachu’s, where she is invincible, doesnt cause damage, and goes a short distance in 2 directions, and recover with that? it would deff reflect on how fast of a boss she is in metroid prime 2. and i heard that they are organizing brawl for online so they can release future updates for the game like new soundtracks, levels, unlockable characters, stadium events, etc. i thought that would be awesome, as long as they can overcome desynching errors. thought id put that out there as long as we were on the online wi fi topic

X

XperimnT

Maybe he thought Jiggs was a chick because of the word jiggily, as in jiggily breasts. By the way, who here thinks that women characters should have a bouncing breast physic? I getting some conflicting reports from my perverted friends here. Anyway, I really like the idea of online updates.
Im thinking of an item that comes from Earthworm Jim 2 (if he makes it in). Its a special one-blast gun that clears all of the enemies on the screen. On brawl, it could just serve up some massive damage to foes within the blast radius.
Another thing that should be revived from N64, the POW block from the classic kingdom stage. That was fun. bwOOOOOMmm!

X

XperimnT

Did anyone check out the Attack of the Show link for news on the Wii? The Feed has been updated since then, so for those who have never seen it, Ill just quote what they said (This is their exact words, copied and pasted directly from their site). Posted by sjohnson - Monday, August 28, 2006 3:18 PM

“If you happen to be following the game behind the videogame game, you know that September 14th is an important date for Wii-fans. That’s the day that Nintendo has invited press to a media event of some kind in New York City to announce…something.

Conventional wisdom says that Nintendo will release the price and the street-date for the system… but a French blog is reporting that the REAL announcement will be that the Wii is a more powerful machine graphically than Nintendo had previously reported.

The theory goes that Nintendo has been deliberately downplaying the graphical strength of its system from the jump so that they can show off graphics “Far exceeding the Xbox” right before launch, and also take care of the main complaint hardcore gamers have about the system.

It’s possible, but I don’t think it’s too likely to be true. I can’t see Nintendo building and showing off so many gimped out games at E3 and after just to surprise people.

I don’t think the graphical capability of the Wii really matters anyway. I know cutting-edge graphics are very important to hardcore gamers and tech heads out there, but there really aren’t as many of you as you think.

Most regular people just want to have fun with videogames and couldn’t care less about which system is the most powerful and all that noise.

Case-in-point: I was showing a non-gamer friend of mine Dead Rising this weekend after promising him awesome, comical zombie-slaying action, We started up a new game, and it took nearly half an hour to get to the zombies: You gotta learn how the watch works and the mission system, and sit through cut-scenes, and learn complicated controls–all of which is awesome and fun to me and just about every other even semi-hardcore gamer out there, but if you just want to bash zombies in the face with a guitar, it’s a lot to go through…and exactly the kind of gameplay Nintendo seems to be betting against with the Wii’s simple-to-play, easy to learn games.”

End Quote
This Feed headline was posted on attackoftheshow.com on Aug 28.
If you want accurate updates on the Wii, I suggest you go there.
G4TV is the best. Watch Attack of the Show, weekdays at 6 (Oklahoma/Texas time) on G4, or chack your local listings.

T

The Mario fan Boy

Wow. Nintendo never really was a graphical, powerhouse, or a power house in any catagory. I’m pretty sure that on september 14 they will announce both, I heard news that the “revolution” is coming out in some
time in october (all I know is that it’s before the PS3 and that is comming out on november 17th). I’m actually looking forward this important day. But until then I hope that the big news is about both graphical improvement and release dates and prices.

P

prisoner_of_love

I talked to the manager of an EB Games where I live, and he told me that Wii is set to release on Thanksgiving, or at least that is when they will begin selling the system at their store. I don’t know it could be different where you live, but it hardly matters. SSBB is not releasing until sometime in early 07. Mabye that is so we can fully enjoy Metroid Prime 3 Corruption and Zelda Twilight Princess before the greatest game of all time comes out.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Your EB Games manager probably doesn’t know. The Wii is set to ship BEFORE Thanksgiving, and SSBB is not releasing in “early” 07. The only release date they have so far is “07.” I’m expecting it to be at the end of summer at the very EARLIEST. I could easily see them moving Brawl back to holiday season 07 to be their big holiday game.

X

XperimnT

As far as sept 14 goes,I wish they tell us the facts. Im sick of all the rumors. Lets all hope that the Wii beats the PS3 to the shelves. It WILL be cheaper than the PS3, because it is going to be up to $600 with $100 games, v.s. the Wii at less than $150 (another rumor). If they start to polish their graphics now, it will take forever to remake whats ready for stores. I know a Wii with better graphics and a different name sounds cool, but I dont think they will do it.

T

The Mario fan Boy

They could move the release date of brawl to the next holiday season but that is alot of production time for a fighting game. I’m pritty sure that it will coemout within the first two quarters of 2007.

I guessing that the revolution is going to be somewere between 200 to 300
dollars. Plus there is a sort of rumor that says that the graphics for the revolution will be better thatn previously believed. I’m pretty sure I got that info on gamespot.com. With all these fans waiting for the revolution i’m absolutly positive that they won’t let us down.

P

prisoner_of_love

Well McFox, mabye it is just another rumor then. I am simply saying what I have heard. In the case that the man at that store(he was dressed up so I assumed he was a manager) was correct, the price of Wii will be $170. And even though I am a huge nintendo fan, I have to disagree with the rumor about the highly sophisticated graphics. I dont believe they could be better than those the PS3 is promising. Also Mario Fan Boy, early 07 was my guess, mainly because most online websites for pre-ordering games have the shipping date for December 31st of this year, but then I heard that they were holding it to work out bugs in the online play. I estimated spring of 07 so that could easily be wrong. Also, hasn’t Nintendo been working on this game since the summer of 05? That’s a long time with the large staff Nintendo hired to make brawl, and it’s a fighting game to boot! How could they spend 2 long years making this game?

T

The Mario fan Boy

The revolution wont have better graphics than the PS3 I only stated that it would far surpass that of the Xbox. I don’t think that the revolution would be only 170$, I have to admit that is pritty cheap for a new release consol. I’m Positive that it will be 250$ or more but I know for a fact that it is going to be less than 300$.

I think that Nintendo hired 50 or more members to work on Brawl (not sure). The fact that they hired that many can garantee that it will come out before or during next summer.

X

XperimnT

You cant be positive about the Wii price range if its nothing but a rumor. Even the exact release date may be pushed back (ANOTHER rumor). Besides the confirmed game releases and other confirmed info that came straight from Nintendo, we are all counting on rumors.

T

The Mario fan Boy

I as well as others have heard that the revolution will hit the market. I saw it on an interview. That intervue was on one of my favorite shows (electric playground). This show is were I get alot of my info on new releases because the hosts get inside info on game releases, game info, release dates for gadgets and consols from representatives from that specific game company. I think you should watch that show some time it’s pritty cool.

S

smashfan#1000000

the oficial price of the Wii is 250$ and it will be released on november (day´s missing) and that is oficial information of nintendo of some time ago

S

smashfan#1000000

zera bass adn protoman from X series and soma cruz for barwl

T

The Mario fan Boy

You’ve never heard of that show??? Man your missing out. Were i’m from it’s on chanel 6 at 3:00 on saturdays. If it’s not on chanel 6 for you (sometimes chanels are different depending on the region you live in) then just find a chanel called A chanel, there’s also some show called Reviews on the run on the same chanel at 3:30, they both talk about video games, But reviews on the run has 2 hosts who review them, while Electric Playground gives you a preview of up coming games, both shows are pretty cool.

L

lilko

METAL GEAR SOLID CHARACTERS WHO SHOUD BE IN BRAWL:SNAKE,THE BOSS RAIDEN THE FURY

R

Ritchie

I personally really badly would like to see Geno in Brawl. I’ve been saying he should be in the next smash for a long time now. I wouldn’t mind seeing Mallow, I can really do without him, but hey if your gonna put Geno, throw in Mallow too.

P

prisoner_of_love

mallow is one of the people on your team for super mario rpg

P

prisoner_of_love

i would be fine with any new characters they want to throw at us. the only new character i need in brawl is Dark Samus. if nintendo does that, then someone here will have a new main.

Top Bottom