• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

Teeb147

Smash Legend
His final boss is most likely gonna be Rathalos.
I guess the other battles could be based of different mobs in Minecraft.
Also I think they're all gonna take place on the Minecraft stage.
Thought about Rathalos, but doesn't fly and doesn't change color right?, so i dunno

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Although I've always wanted Steve, when Steve was added, he got a whole bunch of moves that I didn't expect to be in his moveset.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I Just thought of something:

Imagine how doubles are gonna be if Ridley's side be doesn't break the blocks. He just slams you into the wall and cranks the percentage up.

Even without that, the blocks off the edge are gonna be good for him. More length to drag you across and less distance between you and the blast zone.
I'm just thinking about how Steve Kirby can place Steve's blocks and have his multi-jumps.

Not the Kirby buff I expected, but I'll take it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How do you guys feel about that ugly Steve?
At first I thought it was dumb yet funny, but after trolls started using it to really harass others I started to detest it. They started harassing Steve fans too for a while last year and some people would act like Steve fans were all bad because of them. The Banjo vs. Steve wars were definitely not fun as someone who wanted both.

It still looks kinda funny (though ugly) I guess, but I really don’t like seeing it.

I like to think of it as an imposter, for the real Steve to beat down.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Any hopes for Steve's victory animtions and music?
I could imagine his victory theme being a portion of that Halland remix that we heard.

As for the other two victory animations, I think we'll get a second building victory animation involving Beacons, and if Sakurai is getting even more"extra-mile" with this character, he could Steve put down a Minecraft-ified version of an item tied to that character. Like Pokeballs for the Pokemon, Mario and Luigi's caps, Byleth's Crests, Palutena's Staff, etc.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I hope his victory tune is a part from "Sweden" 'cause man I'm still desperately hoping it's in the game someway, even if it's a part of a medley in one of the remixes or something.

As for the animations? Hmm...Him at a crafting table would be a cute victory pose. I also like the idea of something involving the mobs somehow.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
I hope his victory tune is a part from "Sweden" 'cause man I'm still desperately hoping it's in the game someway, even if it's a part of a medley in one of the remixes or something.

As for the animations? Hmm...Him at a crafting table would be a cute victory pose. I also like the idea of something involving the mobs somehow.
I herd parts of sweden in the smash trailer

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m hoping his victory theme is from the original game; I’d really like if it was the “Minecraft” track but Sweden and others would be awesome too.

It’d be cool if one of the victory animations was him taking a diamond out of a chest and holding it up to admire.

I herd parts of sweden in the smash trailer
I think part of Halland sounds a bit like Sweden, but it’s just a few notes or so.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I don't think Herobrine should be Steve's echo fighter. I think Herobrine should be a mii costume and a spirit at best. And yes, Herobrine is a videogame character, because although he is an unofficial character who originated from a literature, which was a creepypasta. Herobrine is primarily recognized as a videogame character just like Geralt (Witcher).

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
My Reaction to Steve was : Huh now youre in!
I dont hate him (to be fair i did hate Byleth but i mean Steve deserves to be in smash and Byleth got less hate for some reason I mean did he have to be the last Character of Fighters Pass1, I would have accepted not liked First Character of Fighters Pass 2)
But he wasnt high on my Wishlist
still he is perfect for Smash hello Steve and Alex Aaand Zombie Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Endermen!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

NOA localizers should really stop following the Nate Bihldorff standard.

That being said, the Minecraft community itself is ironically why no songs from the OG game are featured, since the soundtrack had contributions from them. Would be tough to credit everyone.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That being said, the Minecraft community itself is ironically why no songs from the OG game are featured, since the soundtrack had contributions from them. Would be tough to credit everyone.
Only C418 and Lena Raine composed for the original game (Lena composed all of the new 1.16 Nether tracks + Pigstep). The community didn’t make any music for the game (outside of various unofficial parodies and some original songs).

I’m guessing C418 either asked for too much money or they couldn’t contact him in time. He doesn’t seem stingy, so I find it weird...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Only C418 and Lena Raine composed for the original game (Lena composed all of the new 1.16 Nether tracks + Pigstep). The community didn’t make any music for the game (outside of various unofficial parodies and some original songs).

I’m guessing C418 either asked for too much money or they couldn’t contact him in time. He doesn’t seem stingy, so I find it weird...
Seeing the licensing nightmare it was to get :ultcloud:'s songs due to a composer on hiatus, the latter seems likely. Good thing Dungeons among others had readily available action-y (or anything that could be remixed that way) stuff to work with, even if it isn't much.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I don't think C418 was inherently the issue; It's just that Nintendo has been stated to only negotiate with the company who owns the games themselves. This is also why Cloud go the short end of the stick, as Nintendo just didn't go out and get the licenses from all the other rights owners.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Something I realised, Steve/Alex is going to be either incredible or terrible at those custom stage challenges the YouTubers like.

Real question I want answered is, how are the block placement limits on Hryule Temple? Can they reverse Hyrule stroll with it?

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
So i've been thinking... Steve can mine specific materials from specific places, obviously if you are on a wooden stage you'll get wood and so on, but there are some stages that have specific materials that may not be in Minecraft?
Like some of the Materials on the custom stages?
How that would work?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So i've been thinking... Steve can mine specific materials from specific places, obviously if you are on a wooden stage you'll get wood and so on, but there are some stages that have specific materials that may not be in Minecraft?
Like some of the Materials on the custom stages?
How that would work?
I'm thinking custom stages will either have a universal drop table like a battlefield stage or each material the stage is made out of will drop different things. Sounds like a good video to test things out.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Hey, what non-minecraft music that's already in the game you think fits Steve? For me, Stickerbush Symphony (Remix or OG) has that sense of adventure in the tone, fitting for Minecraft.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

On Minecraft World you can choose the biome you fight in.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

On Minecraft World you can choose the biome you fight in.
Snowy biome every time. I'm a sucker for snow levels in video games.

Top Bottom