• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey everyone I'm very late but I wanted to congratulate all of Steve's supporters, especially considering all the BS y'all had to put up from detractors and fellow Microsoft properties.

I remember something I said a year ago when a thread was taking shots at Minecraft and after re-reading it, I feel like I'm psychic LMAO:
After Piranha Plant I don't wanna hear anyone discrediting moveset potential. You can make a set out of any character, avatar or obstacle. IDGAF about Steve and NEVER played Minecraft, but he has a few directions he could go in.
Sure.

So while Villager and Isabelle's movesets weaponize a bunch of props and items from their games, Steve can take a shot at the "build anything" nature of Minecraft. Let him use things like pickaxes and swords, but give him the power to build obstacles and hazards to fight. It will be simplified of course, like a simple Kirby-sized block that acts as a temporary barrier that can be stacked to create a wall or bridge. Obviously it'll be destructible and despawns in a matter of seconds if left alone. He can crudely fortify himself and make it hard for foes to hurt him.

Then there's hazards. Have him create small hazards or pull out dangerous objects that can just be left lying on the ground; that'd make reaching him challenging. Not impossible of course, but difficult to reach in very skilled hands. Then throw items from the series in as part of his moveset and you'll have a very distinct fighter.

I highly agree with you, but I do wanna point out I've never played Minecraft. Not even a demo; barely watched any gameplay on YouTube or elsewhere and I'm not interested in it. That said, I definitely see Steve's potential.
Anyway, y'all have fun with Steve. I'm in the Master Chief and Banjo bandwagon but I think it's stupid to build up a fandom by attacking another. Shows insecurity.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So what do you all think of the music? Here are my thoughts:

Halland/Dalarna - Amazing

Earth - Pretty good

Clockwork Crafter - Decent

Toys on a Tear - Meh

Dance of the Blocks - Decent

Glide - Great

The Arch-Illager - Great

D

Deleted member

Halland is pretty good, and I enjoyed the one by Yoko Shimomura, partly because it reminded me of the music in Mario & Luigi, but besides that I failed to care about any of the remixes. I feel this has got to do more with music in Ultimate in general then just Minecraft, as the arrangements in Ultimate just felt and sounded too similar.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Glide is awesome. That was the song I used for all of my arenas for a while after Steve's release. I also just have great memories of playing Glide on the PS4 version of Minecraft.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know, hence why I said "technically".

But good thing that absolutely nobody in this thread was arguing that Minecraft should have a second unique rep anytime soon, yeah?
No kidding. Skins are underestimated so much, like you wouldn't believe. In some threads, saying that secondary main third-party characters could be included via those is treated as blasphemy, for some reason.

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
I know I`m late (very late) to the party here but I can't even say how happy I am to see Steve in Smash Bros! I've been a Minecraft fan since 2011. I've been really busy with stuff lately but I'm getting into Smash Ultimate more and I can't wait to try Steve out. I might even pick Steve as a new main.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
The Only Way I Can Think Of To Avoid This Is Ledge Roll (Anvil Stops High Recoveries), Due To The I Frames, But A Better Player Than Me Might Be Able To Think Of A Way To Punish That.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513

Well, Here's A Update To The Edgegaurd (And Testing If My Counterplay Prediction Was Correct). Also As Seen By How I Did The Edgegaurd Steve Would Be Waiting For You At Center Stage If You Ledge Roll, So He May Grab And Throw You Into The TNT.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Steve’s setup potential is so complex it could have its own dedicated thread
Yeah.

I've Tested Ledge Attack And The I Frames Makes You Survive The TNT Explosion, But The Endlag Makes It To Where Even If Steve Is At Center Stage, He Can Run Up And Grab You After The Explosion Passes. Haven't Tested Ledge Jump, But There Is Probably A Way To Deal With That As Steve As Well

And As I Commented After The Clip, Steve Will Grab You If You Roll, Too Much Endlag And Steve's Grab Is Faster (It's SLOW If His Grab Is Faster)

Welp, I Was Just On Training Mode To Practice Combos, And I Got Mewtwo And Decided To Do The Ledgetrap On Him Because Its Funny And His Up B Went Through The Block When He Went High (Not High Enough For Anvil To Connect) So, With Mewtwo You Need To Jump Off Build 2 Blocks While Moving Right, And Fair, Wont Kill If It Isn't At Least Iron.

(Just Putting This Because Some People Are Legit Idiots Not Saying Any Of You Are Dumb Just Some Of The Population Is Dumb) Duh If They Have A Slow Recovery Wait Before you place The Block So It Doesn't Break Before They Hit The Block

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
To the 10 people who gave me thumbs up, I do not deserve them. I only came to say that because I really have no problem with people who really loved the Minecraft characters in Smash. This does not mean I like the inclusion, and I guess I will take that disagreement to my grave.

I have pretty much given up on video gaming after that reveal and after Nintendo took my money to delete all my game data instead of repairing my original Switch. So I really see no reason to keep on playing. It is hard for me to talk of this as whenever I mention I do not agree with this movement done by Nintendo, and I get called racist and such for it, and that I need to take my meds and cope and seethe. So I told a friend of mine who is a psychiatrist if I was wrong on having an unpopular opinion with this inclusion. And he said there is nothing wrong with it.

But this does not seem to be the case for online people who attack me and consider themselves a higher authority in mental health than an actual psychiatrist. It really is hard being the bad guy. But hey like I said, I really have nothing against people who like this, but I do not know anymore. There is the claim we live in a progressive world, but seems only for certain people. I wish my psychiatrist friend would come and talk of this better, but maybe he would be scared to. Anyway, bye and thanks but please no likes.

Top Bottom