• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step yo game up!!! (SYG^) - Updated first page! - Montréal, Canada - August 18th 2007

WarranThad

Smash Ace
**** vwins smash sucks let's get as many ps2's as we can get so we can play some real games.

edit: after when we don't need every setup, obv.

also don't bring your ps2, i wanted to bring my extra special super secret modded ps2 with a tons of fighters, i don't actually own anyone of them.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I might come if i have a lift, which will probably be the case, and axe might bring a cube if possible.

TestRider

Smash Ace
Man this **** sucks, only 6 teams registered, what the hell is wrong with Montreal's Smash community? Why can't we get a decent teams tournament going (and I'm not even getting into crews)? Are you guys too scared to register for teams as well or something? If that's really the reason then maybe you shouldn't register for singles in the first place, since after all ZOMG you'll just lose. Heck why does anyone but vwins bother to sign up anyway, if it's only to lose in the end? Emo phegs.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Screw that ****, you guys should simply move along if you are too scared.. as for me, I'm going to defeat all that stand in my way! Yes even Vwins or Bam or whoever! I know I will probably lose, but I won't let that simple thought stop me from getting better!

You guys that are too scared lack spirit! Learn to face the best people around and get better, isn't that why tournaments are made? A test of skill.. also an opportunity to get a lot better?

WarranThad

Smash Ace
, I'm going to defeat all that stand in my way!

gyhaisdgw8ihy8 g 842jv82428gn
2w
igpnwit
\hyg
ie[ohng
prehg
-8yh\-h5jn

****, you don't have to sound like some ****ty anime protagonist every time you try to express anything in any medium

summary: stfu

edit: my brother is near mcgill now, so kind of far from biweekly. maybe i'll pick it up day of tourny or something, idk.

unless someone actually owns AC and the rest

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
cool un tournoi....ca faisait longtemps...inscrit -moi svp..ainsi que bety( seulement en solo)
merci...et on peut amener une tv aumoins...je ne suis pas sur pour deux
on se voit tous au tournoi

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Man this **** sucks, only 6 teams registered, what the hell is wrong with Montreal's Smash community? Why can't we get a decent teams tournament going (and I'm not even getting into crews)? Are you guys too scared to register for teams as well or something? If that's really the reason then maybe you shouldn't register for singles in the first place, since after all ZOMG you'll just lose. Heck why does anyone but vwins bother to sign up anyway, if it's only to lose in the end? Emo phegs.
I have no partner... is it cause I suck too much 0.o

Level 9s can only take you so far...

updating registrations... I guess things are almost final now

Divinokage

Smash Legend
, I'm going to defeat all that stand in my way!

gyhaisdgw8ihy8 g 842jv82428gn
2w
igpnwit
\hyg
ie[ohng
prehg
-8yh\-h5jn

****, you don't have to sound like some ****ty anime protagonist every time you try to express anything in any medium

summary: stfu

edit: my brother is near mcgill now, so kind of far from biweekly. maybe i'll pick it up day of tourny or something, idk.

unless someone actually owns AC and the rest
That's too bad because I'm going to keep doing it, the warrior spirit never fails, it prevails! =D I am simply establishing my image somehow, so people can know I'm a warrior. =)

Damax

Smash Lord
That's too bad because I'm going to keep doing it, the warrior spirit never fails, it prevails! =D I am simply establishing my image somehow, so people can know I'm a warrior. =)
Warrior ****. read the book again, if never said you had to act and talk like sangogu from DBZ or anyone else.

if you have to try to give people a "good" image of yourself, you still loose. I seriously think you could read it over again. but maybe think about what you read meanwhile. I know it can get hard but you are a warrior! haha

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Warrior ****. read the book again, if never said you had to act and talk like sangogu from DBZ or anyone else.

if you have to try to give people a "good" image of yourself, you still loose. I seriously think you could read it over again. but maybe think about what you read meanwhile. I know it can get hard but you are a warrior! haha

qft made of the opposite of loose too

=D.

not 10 char

swordgard

Smash Hero
Screw that ****, you guys should simply move along if you are too scared.. as for me, I'm going to defeat all that stand in my way! Yes even Vwins or Bam or whoever! I know I will probably lose, but I won't let that simple thought stop me from getting better!

You guys that are too scared lack spirit! Learn to face the best people around and get better, isn't that why tournaments are made? A test of skill.. also an opportunity to get a lot better?

I think the same way lol, even if i knew id lose agaisnt ur ganon i insisted all along to play ur ganon during friendlies.....anyway im not sure if wel enter doubles i have really no idea since im not sure if axe would want and i cant ask him till the tourney. Oh yeah and reason i chose not to only play vwins and quitted wasnt because i had no chance(i kinda like people showing me i can still learn alot), but i wanted to play everybody once before leaving lol. Yeah id really like to be in a crew with axe since i have a crew myself but the last member cannot come to tourneys, so im willing to go in other ones.

Point is, dont sign me up for doubles yet but i might do them anyway.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

I don't need to reread it a 10th time.. all I have is living now as much as possible. I just think it's funny people react to what I say when I'm acting out my warrior side. But this is a forum and this is my way of expressing myself. For me, its nice and clear. So stfu if you don't like it..

People take advantage of me because apparently I am easy target. But just be careful.. there is limits to how much I can take.

Tank20

Smash Apprentice
ye rick put me and jer in for doubles u might of missed the last post i said saying that lol. But ye even though me and jer know we will loose we will still try. Team name=BiSwingers In Heat

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hmmm, Chrissy learn to Edit, and why so negative? "We know we will lose".
Not pessimist, realistic

Nha just kidding jer lol, i hope 2 play ya again at the tourney, and seriously people whats with all the hate over here with divine shadow and max?

Fhatuik

Smash Apprentice
Bon je vais éssayer de faire bouger les teams un peu. En touka je l'espere.

Pourquoi vous ne voulez pas etre en team ? Car savez vous n'etes pas a la hauteur ? Je suis présentement en team avec Techiyo et nous sommes tres loin d'etre les meilleur d'ici et c'est pas 10$ qui va vous rendre fou. Mon premier but,la-bas, n'est pas de gagner, c'est de jouer parmis les meilleurs au monde, qui, normalement organise un tournoi pour vous puissez venir jouer en grand nombre en single et en double.

Alors n'ayez pas peur de miser 10 $ de plus pour faire bouger un peu plus ce tournoi! En autre je suis vraiment pourris a ce jeu alors, -Bon jeux et tournoi.

j'espere vous m'avez bien compris !!

Nephiros

Smash Ace
lol meilleurs au monde

anyways, put me down for singles then I guess. I'm also willing to join the doubles and any other event that may show up if I can get enough money from the DVDs and if there's anyone willing to be my partner (for those who don't know and are looking for a partner too, I'm about average in the melee competitive scene, but rusty, and about 10-15th best at SSB online)

Oh and, as for the DVD, it's gonna be sexy as hell with 3 new vids, about 20-30 matches which were the best I've found in a selection of about 120 vids. The menus and stuff looks good so far too. Still not sure about the price, tho I'm thinking about going for 5$ now since it's A LOT more work than I thought it'd be and to make sure I'll be able to join doubles too.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Draft Crews

Hey guys, this tournament isn't looking too bright, what with all the lack of teams joining, so I think we should have a side event that everyone can participate in. I call this draft crews.

How it works is we have the top 4 (or 8?) people act as crew captains, and everyone participates in a crew tournament. Drafts will occur from lowest ranking to highest. Rankings obviously reflect those placed on the ECCPR right now, subject to change based on recent results from other tournaments.

So basically everyone who feels like participating just says so, we make a list of who participates, and then the crew leaders will post their picks using MSN in one night, and we post the results.

Basically, this will have the excitement of a crew battle with your team backing you, and it will probably bring the best out of all of you.

I think this will work based on Bi-weekly experience. I don't know about you guys, but I haven't seen one person complain about random crew battles at the Biweeklies. In fact I think people really enjoy the battle while it lasts.

I obviously need Chet, Bam, Vwins, and pkm to agree with me, or else the teams will probably be broken for some. Jason likes the idea, for what it's worth. I'll organize/coordinate the event myself unless anyone feels like pitching in.

I think it'll be a blast. Count me in. Thad has also agreed to try it out. Try it out guys.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Random crew is good too, but is more subject to imbalance. While draft crews has a little bit of strategy behind the picks and whatever.

this

swordgard

Smash Hero
Draft Crews

Hey guys, this tournament isn't looking too bright, what with all the lack of teams joining, so I think we should have a side event that everyone can participate in. I call this draft crews.

How it works is we have the top 4 (or 8?) people act as crew captains, and everyone participates in a crew tournament. Drafts will occur from lowest ranking to highest. Rankings obviously reflect those placed on the ECCPR right now, subject to change based on recent results from other tournaments.

So basically everyone who feels like participating just says so, we make a list of who participates, and then the crew leaders will post their picks using MSN in one night, and we post the results.

Basically, this will have the excitement of a crew battle with your team backing you, and it will probably bring the best out of all of you.

I think this will work based on Bi-weekly experience. I don't know about you guys, but I haven't seen one person complain about random crew battles at the Biweeklies. In fact I think people really enjoy the battle while it lasts.

I obviously need Chet, Bam, Vwins, and pkm to agree with me, or else the teams will probably be broken for some. Jason likes the idea, for what it's worth. I'll organize/coordinate the event myself unless anyone feels like pitching in.

I think it'll be a blast. Count me in. Thad has also agreed to try it out. Try it out guys.
I have a few questions, will singles be first part of tourney or near last like styd1. And at what time do you expect them to start, the doubles and crews random too.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Don't know, that's up for Rick to decide. If it were up to me I'd have singles last and doubles first. But with the lack of teams from you scrubs...

EDIT@Vwins: Don't know. It depends how many people register, while maintaining balance between all the teams. 4 is ideal because we have a near even skill split (and a perfect bracket :p), however we would be having massive crews. That could also be counteracted by reducing stocks to 3 per person. It's all a matter of having skill equality while meeting time restraints.

There's also the issue of whether we do single or double elimination, or (gasp) a crew pool. Nah, the crew pool would take forever.

Participants (confirmed):
ThatGuy
Thad
Bam
Kage

Vwins

Smash Ace
I think we should do the draft crew registration at the beginning of the tournament because we won't have time to register everyone in one week on smashboards.

Top Bottom