• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step yo game up!!! (SYG^) - Updated first page! - Montréal, Canada - August 18th 2007

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I really like the idea of Draft Crews Joel... but running that kind of tournament, with 4 teams, (if we have big crews) will take about 2 hours.

So basically we will have to decide between teams and draft crews!

I would be up for draft crews but that's only cause I ain't got no team partner...

EDIT: hmm nvm we could have room for both, I'll try to calculate how much time singles will take...

EDIT2: hmm and btw the schedule should look sumtin like

SYG^ schedule V1:

11:00 AM Arrival/set-up/friendlies/registrations
12:00 PM Doubles double-elim tournament
2:15 PM Singles Pools
5:30 PM Break/Supper
6:30 PM Draft Crews
8:30 PM Singles top 16

expected end time for singles 11PM

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I think we should do the draft crew registration at the beginning of the tournament because we won't have time to register everyone in one week on smashboards.

this

free, fun event=good!

putting money doesn't seem fair as your destiny isnt in your own hand, if you're on a team with kage and jay, probably won't be winning.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Joel, you still housing fogel+rest of ottawans?

I won't speak for them, but it soudned like they'll be 5 to one car. I doubt jay will be wanting to go anywhere afterwards, so that's doubtful. Actuall i'm not making any sense, so just talk to me on msn so I can explain what's up (if you're still down for housing/smashfest thing), as there'll probably be a need for a 2nd car going to your place or much scrunching together.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Cameron's driving the other Ottawa peasants? Nephiros also needs housing at my place. I actually didn't know the other ottawa guys were staying over, I thought it was only Cameron...

WarranThad

Smash Ace
uhh, I may be misinformed, i'm not sure who cameron is coming with, if anyone.

i just assumed they'd all be in the same car as there's only 5 of them and I didn't know phrozn and crew had a car.

if you know otherwise just ignore whatever i posted.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Superboomfan has just landed from alberta at my house. Just figured id let you guys know...

if anyone wants to vs him in n64 smash, hes up for it. Im bringing my n64 both to this weeks bi-weekly, and to the tournament just in case :)

See you guys at the tourney!!!

swordgard

Smash Hero
Well, im not swordgard on smash....I am air(dont ****ing quote my vid for this plz)
So its gonna be our usual team name, Aerial Axis
SOrry for double post but its important, axe cant do doubles, and so im looking for a partner(looking at u bigrick), or anyone else

And axe cant bring his cube

swordgard

Smash Hero
Alright, we'll talk about this at the biweek.

We would need about 2-3 more GCs, since pkm only has 1 SSBM disc for his 2 cubes.
Cant get 2 the biweekly, im in europe till the 17th, so tell me if u want or not, or we can plan it out at the start of the competition

Fogel

Smash Lord
Joel, you still housing fogel+rest of ottawans?

I won't speak for them, but it soudned like they'll be 5 to one car. I doubt jay will be wanting to go anywhere afterwards, so that's doubtful. Actuall i'm not making any sense, so just talk to me on msn so I can explain what's up (if you're still down for housing/smashfest thing), as there'll probably be a need for a 2nd car going to your place or much scrunching together.
Cameron's driving the other Ottawa peasants? Nephiros also needs housing at my place. I actually didn't know the other ottawa guys were staying over, I thought it was only Cameron...
At the moment it's only me and maybe chrusher who are in my car. Phrozn+co are going down on their own and I assume they have their own housing arrangements.

zomg pools are posted!

check 1st post now please...

also I would need some volunteers to do the great job of pool captain
chesterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and I can probably double team the running the pool for our pool.

edit: I can probably bring both of my TVs since there should be a lot of space in my car, so put me down for that. Also does anyone know what parking is like at/around the venue?

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Three of my friends just called me, telling me to sign them up.

1. Totsugeki
2. Crimson
3. JR

Also, who's up for some clubbing after the tourney?
Alright, I will sign them in later cause Im kinda in a rush rite now...

clubbing? where are u guys planning to go?

To answer your question, Fogel: there is no parking lot available. However, it is a residential area so finding a spot shouldn't be difficult.

Damax

Smash Lord
Finally we won't do anything before martin matte. but we will surely go out at montreal's bars or club after it.

However, I decided, now that everything is settled, that I will attend doubles and leave 'round 4 pm maximum.

Anyone wanna team with me? Neph? Nox? Apoc? msn me. Damax55 at hotmail dot com

NVM

Register Dmax and Hero for team.

Team name: Dmax the Hero

hope to see a bunch of you before I go bye bye

Top Bottom