• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step yo game up!!! (SYG^) - Updated first page! - Montréal, Canada - August 18th 2007

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I can house around 5 people if anyone from toronto or ottawa is coming

D: Honestly, I would come but if I wasn't so indecisive earlier on what I was gonna do I would probably make this, and probably bring some other guys too. Who knows, I'll talk to Andy about this more. But it's not looking good.

Edit: No Mercy sig looks pretty badass. :0

Fogel

Smash Lord
fogel if noones down for housing you I probably could, thing is I'm far from tournament.

like, other side of town far.

but closer to ottawa!

kanata+other ottawa people coming, yes?
I may take you up on your offer. I don't know who else is coming with me yet, I'll let you know once I find out. Add me on msn: fogelfogelfogel at hotmail period com.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how many I could house, but should be at least 3.

I lost my ps2 to my brother moving though, so may be a bit boring at my place, unless you enjoy play jrpgs with multiple people...

now to find my dreamcast.

also may be able to house some toronto guys, if you guys are coming (it's a bit far for a small tourney, imo, but hey, whatever!).

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Yo, about the DVD..I can't record sound for my match (I won't get into details, but it's impossible to get the sound synched with the program I'm using)

so that leaves me with either not putting sound at all which would allow me to add more matches since the files wouldn't be as big, somehow get the original smash background music and just put it in the matches or simply add random songs for each video. Now I like the last idea, except I know music tastes is different for everyone.

So! While I'm working on the DVD, and until it's released, feel free to suggest songs to me! I'll add them to random matches with a small notice saying who suggested the song. If the song is good, I'll add it. Anything between 4 and 7 minutes is prefered.

Now go! Give me songs you would like to see in matches on this DVD.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Hey if you feel like it, you can stay at my place Cameron. It's like, better than Thad's, and everyone who stays can play poker. It's just on the other side of montreal (closer to Ottawa :p)

OFC I'd rather stay with the masses but if the masses come to me then...okay :)

I can house around 5 people.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Announcement:

I have the intention to make pools for this next monday...

So I would like every1 that aren't registered yet to confirm their presence before next Monday.

Since we'll get around 30 people, I will make 4 pools containing about 8 players each.
Players will be randomly split between pools by crew or city if they're out of towners.
The top 4 from each pool will advance in a 16-man double elimination bracket.

Good luck gentlemen!

EDIT: We need moar teams.

And if sum1 is lookin for a teams partner, I'm available... I usually play the support role with Peach.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Hey if you feel like it, you can stay at my place Cameron. It's like, better than Thad's, and everyone who stays can play poker. It's just on the other side of montreal (closer to Ottawa :p)

OFC I'd rather stay with the masses but if the masses come to me then...okay :)

I can house around 5 people.
If Thad actually wants to go to your place that's cool with me.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Let's run a low tier tournament instead, everybody is a low tier *****.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Kev sa vaut tu la peine de s'inscrire en double pour faire plaisir a vwins ?

Add us in double big rick

Fhatuik and techiyo

Team Name: JustWinForEver.
techiyo y rentre tu en singles???

For now we're goin to run teams... last minute change might happen though

Le probleme cest vous team québec vous faites trop peur au monde caliss

EDIT: Finalement ya des chances ke Phrozn et Cbone rentre en teams, ils me lavaient dit.
Fogel avait aussi dit kil allait teamer avec Andy si il venait.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
yeah 6 teams is kind of boring, especially when I've played 3 of these teams extensively already (and 1 of these teams obviously being me+that guy...) and can continue to do so at random biweeklies.

i'm not saying im not going to play doubles, but really i'd like to see more teams sign up.

Tank20

Smash Apprentice
kk Put me and jer in for teams for now, if i can get 20$ from my parents before the tourny than we will be in teams for sure. It's always a yes when i ask for some money lol. But yea sign us up for BiSwingers In Heat.

Dice

Smash Lord
My prediction for this tournament?

Ganonpwn will win singles and doubles (he'll be teaming with himself). Even though he hasn't played this game in months, and isn't even attending the tournament (he most likely doesn't even know about it). Yes kids, Gpwn is that good.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
people are doomed into singles too though john.

we gotta make 9 hours of straight ledge cancelling worth it for vwins.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I underwent some intense training yesterday. About an hour and a half of owning people 1v2 with friendly fire off. I'm that good.*

*Mind you, the second guy usually died using all 4 stocks by forward b-ing off the egde with Falcon and spacies...but still. FF OFF FOLKS!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I underwent some intense training yesterday. About an hour and a half of owning people 1v2 with friendly fire off. I'm that good.*

*Mind you, the second guy usually died using all 4 stocks by forward b-ing off the egde with Falcon and spacies...but still. FF OFF FOLKS!
Oh ya well I beat 3 ganons with my ganon 1v3 FF OFF!

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i'm up for that along with matt and anyone else at all.

well anyone who doesn't have the biggest nose there.

how's $20 each mm bo3?

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I can bring 2 complete setups as of now. I would require another SSBM game in order to do that. I can still supply 2 TVs + Cubes though.

Also, MY NAME IS WITHOUT CAPS. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

Top Bottom