• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step yo game up!!! (SYG^) - Updated first page! - Montréal, Canada - August 18th 2007

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
A few announcements here

1. Ok guys, I see we have huge pools here... I will check the room out today to see if we can have 12 setups, cause having 12 would be perfect for running those big *** pools.

2. We also have a bigger turnout than expected, but that's how it is with Mtl smash I guess... so please wear deodorant! Packed room is going to be packed.

3. For people that bring their GCs, you don't have to leave your memory card in it. Just load the file and put it in your pocket. I'm telling you this because there's usually mem card issues at tourneys.

4. Now for food, we're going to have a 1 hour food break where every1 will be able to leave the venue (you can stay if you want and I also plan to stay in order to keep an eye on the equipment). The closest fast foods can be reached by car in about 4-5 minutes, but for people that don't have cars, you can walk for about 5 minutes to reach an IGA extra with a small restaurant in it... or you walk a little bit longer for pizza.

5. Teams! I would really like to have a 10th team, so that we have an even number of teams. I don't want to give out byes cause they really suck in double-elim format. Oh, and it seems that I will have to run a weird-*** 10-man double elimination bracket, stay tuned.

What else I got to say... p-e jpourrais débarker au foufs si qqun peut me lifter du tournoi juska la-bas, mais la jsuis pas si sur pcq ca speut ke jsoie mort de fatigue lol... enfin on va voir

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman

i'll bring my wii. i'll bring power bars (actually they're not mine, they're the ones ppl forgot at styd2....someone told me to keep them...whatever if u think its yours u can reclaim it) maybe a vcr...and i'd bring a tv if i had a lift.

oh and im down with going to a bar/ foufs or whatever after the touney.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
this tournament is going to be painfully cramped, yet we can't get 10 teams for doubles

sad

WarranThad

Smash Ace
anyone know where to get cd's fixed? My copy of xenogears freezes whenever certain gears try to attack me. I looked at it and the scratches are really minor, so this is pissing me off >_<.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm finally done working on the DVD. It has about 2h20 of great online ssb64 footage and was a pain in the *** to make.

~ Main videos ~
DVD Highlights - 11:21
Stupid Epiccc Things Preview - 1:15
Never Meant to Smash - 7:02
300% - 6:27
Pain in the Ego - 15:21
Epic SSB Maneuver - 3:11
Invincible - 2:08

~ Matches ~
20 great matches against various players, recorded this august and chosen from a selection of about 120 matches

~ Extras ~
SSB Fun
Amazing Juggling
SSB64 YYG
Shinepro
Shinepro²
Making of & Info

Since there's a LOT of stuff in there and I had to work quite a lot to get it all right, I'm going to sell it for 5$. I'm willing to do doubles if I can get enough money for it, so that's 25$ with the singles so 5 DVDs. Shouldn't be too hard. PM me if you're going to buy one for sure so I know how many I should bring.

It's going to be burned on DVD+R, so make sure your DVD player is compatible with that. Although it's better to watch it on a computer or a flat TV because otherwise you lose 20% of the screen and my videos weren't made with this in consideration (I didn't know I was going to make a DVD 6 months ago and that I'd need to make all my videos 80% of their size so they could be seen on TV...)
So it's really better to watch it on a computer .

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
anyone know where to get cd's fixed? My copy of xenogears freezes whenever certain gears try to attack me. I looked at it and the scratches are really minor, so this is pissing me off >_<.
I remember repairing some of my PSX games at the Super Club Videotron back then in around 1997, I don't really go there anymore so I wouldn't know if they still have that feature. But you could try.

tect

Smash Journeyman
i'll be coming!

singles
one cube + game
maybe a tv
**need a team partner

***going clubbing*** xD

cF=)

Smash Lord
Last second choking list:

#1) Me

Problèmes de famille, ma blonde qui est en criss après moi, pis un manque d'argent à cause des trop nombreuses fois où j'utilise mon char m'empêche de venir au tourney. J'sais que c'est ****ing lame pour ceux qui avaient besoin d'un lift, mais j'peux vraiment pas m'arranger autrement... Peut-etre que Nic va vouloir faire la ride iunno.

/wrists

cF=)

Smash Lord
I'll try to arrange something, le pire qui pourrait arriver c'est que j'vous drop à une station de train ou même ou métro si j'suis motivé, mais j'peux pas être au tournoi.

cF=)

Smash Lord
:(

(posting on my boss' computer XD)

:(

REGGIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiieeeeee................... <3

Why do I have to ALWAYS end up like this, 2 tournaments in a row >__>

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Hmm this will be my FINAL post! Read carefully plz

1) If you're not too familiar with the rules, I hope you guys will read them... cause it's going to help your pool captains out. It will also help you out cause you can make strategies and stuff. Also I'd like to point this rule out:

Fogel's rules stolen by rick said:
- Good behaviour is expected; we don't want to get kicked out of the venue. In particular, do not damage any belongings, and do not make a lot of noise. If tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in this fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.
Anyways, I trust you guys... I know that you'll behave correctly ;)

2) Next, were going to run 5 pools instead of 4... we have too many ppl inside each pool so we have to make a 5th one. Top 3 from each pool will advance to the top 16 in a double-elimination bracket... we will also pick a Wild Card: a few might have to battle it out for the last spot.

3) Finally, you have the address which is 6970 Louis-Dessaules (on the side of the building)... DO NOT ring the bell on the door, instead, youll see another door next to it with a SYGU insigna. Follow these in order to get to the tournament. I will come earlier though so I will be waiting for you guys outside.

4) Doors open at 11AM... come at this time if you bring setups. Registrations will be done between 11:30 and 12:00... Doubles start at 12PM, be there at 2PM for singles pools since they will start right after doubles. Don't be late!!!

5) I hope everything will go well, and I hope that you guys will have a good time in our little sausage fest lol

Fogel

Smash Lord
Rick, just a heads-up, Cbone won't be able to make it to this tourney. Hopefully me telling you now will help pool organization a bit :)

Damax

Smash Lord
Thx for the info, Fogel and swordgard...

Don't worry Smashmaniac I saw your post.

Hmm tect maybe u could team with Dmax???
I fear tect was a bit late and that's a shame. I'm teaming with my apprentice named Hero. have you forgotten? he has the best recovery in the world, ask Bam. I'm not the kind to drop a friend for a better player, heh kage?

I'm accepting good bye matches at the tournament as this will mostlikely be my last smash event.

I hope the doubles can end before 4 because I really have to leave around that time. Seems like my best friends wanna drag me to the restaurant and pay me lunch before the martin matte show. Can't refuse that!.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I fear tect was a bit late and that's a shame. I'm teaming with my apprentice named Hero. have you forgotten? he has the best recovery in the world, ask Bam. I'm not the kind to drop a friend for a better player, heh kage?

I'm accepting good bye matches at the tournament as this will mostlikely be my last smash event.

I hope the doubles can end before 4 because I really have to leave around that time. Seems like my best friends wanna drag me to the restaurant and pay me lunch before the martin matte show. Can't refuse that!.
I'm not that kind of person anymore.

Damax

Smash Lord
hmmm I'll have to try to be at home around 4, instead of leavin at 4. hope 12pm to 3pm is enough to make the team tournament successful. please don't stall matches. I'd like to get last time friendlies before I leave, I'm sure it'll help singles too

Tank20

Smash Apprentice
hey guys im here with sad news for me, I cant go to SYG:( my dad said no right at the last minute cause he will be worrying about me major. Hope u guys enjoy urselves and have fun good luck to all of u.

Top Bottom