• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step yo game up!!! (SYG^) - Updated first page! - Montréal, Canada - August 18th 2007

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Alright, Montreal Smash people! Since some of yall was hungry for a little action during the end of the summer, get ready to:

STEP YO GAME UP!

When:
Saturday, August 18th, 2007
Doors open at 11AM until further notice

Where:
8970 Avenue Louis-dessaulles
Montreal, Quebec

The tourney will be held in the basement of an appartment complex, which acts a community room.

======================

Super Smash Bros. DVD

My lil man Nephiros has made a nice Smash Bros. DVD that he's going to sell at the tournament so that he can pay for his registration. If you don't know him, he's one of the top ssb64 players in the world.

Here's a preview (you can see that there's some nice menus in there):

Look at this post to find out more info about it, be sure to check it out!

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2742958&postcount=287

======================

Directions:
Click here to see the location

STM Directions

From Henri-Bourassa station (orange line):

- take bus 48 Perras or 89 Gouin/Perras for 35 min and get off at Rodolphe-Forget/Louis-Dessaulles (plan: http://www.stm.info/bus/plan_lig/plan48.htm) It's the stop after the SAQ (Perras/Rodolphe-Forget)... get off at the next stop when the bus has turned right.

- OR take bus 49 Maurice-Duplessis for 40 min and get off at Rodolphe-Forget/Louis-Dessaulles (line plan: http://www.stm.info/bus/plan_lig/plan49.htm) You'll see the bus turn left and stop at Rodolphe-Forget/Maurice-Duplessis (right next to a L'Inter-Marché)... get off at the next stop

You guys should find the fastest way to reach Henri-Bourassa... or if you already live in the east, use a bus that crosses with the 48/89/49.

Car directions

From the West (simplest road would be):
- Take Highway 40 and turn on the 25 (north).
- Continue north and then turn right on Henri-Bourassa (go east)
- Then turn left on Rodolphe-Forget
- Continue until you reach Louis-Dessaules

This link shows the route from Ottawa

If you feel you guys need some special directions... feel free to PM me.

Tournament rules (Fogel's ruleset is so good, I've decided to copy paste it!!! kekeke)

General:

- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you. Tournament staff are not resposible for providing extra controllers.
- Good behaviour is expected; we don't want to get kicked out of the venue. In particular, do not damage any belongings, and do not make a lot of noise. If tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in this fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.
- Controllers: see MLG rules (no mods aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons)
- No pausing during a match unless there is a good reason. If you pause repeatedly for no good reason, you may forfeit that match at the discretion of tournament staff.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, Wobbling to stall a match, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 5 minutes. If one or more of the participants does not show up within the 5 minutes, they forfeit the match. This applies to both singles and doubles.

- Prizes: splitsies will be done the usual way... 60/30/10 percent of pot

Match rules:

- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate one of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
- Double blind pick may be called at any time (the only time this is useful is, before players choose their first initial character, before the first game starts).
- Neutral stages: Fountain of Dreams (BANNED in teams), Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium
- Counterpick stages: Any neutral stage, plus Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Donkey Kong 64
- Any other stage is BANNED in both singles and doubles

1v1:
- 15$ entry - Please bring the exact amount!!!
- Format: Pools, top 16 advance to a double elimination bracket. Matches are best 2/3, except for Winners', Losers', and Grand finals, which will be best 3/5.

2v2:
- $20 entry per team ($10/person)
- Format: Double Elimination. Matches are best 2/3, except for Winners' and Losers' bracket finals, which will be best 3/5.

Please post or PM me to register for an event.

==================================

Equipment

WE NEED YOUR HELP, SO PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!

TVs:

1)BigRick
2)BigRick
3)BigRick
4)
5)pkmvodka
6)pkmvodka
7)Phrozn
8)Fhatuik
9)Chet
10)Pikalex
11)Fogel
12)Fogel

Cubes:

1)BigRick
2)Jarc
3)Fogel
4)Tank's awesome SSJ cube???
5)pkmvodka
6)pkmvodka (w/ Fhatuik's disc)
7)ThatGuy
8)Phrozn
9)Fhathuik
10)Techiyo
11)Elefterios (wii)
12)Nephiros
13)Tect

VCR:

1)Jarc
2)BigRick

Power Bars/Extensions:

1)BigRick - amount TBD
2)Jarc - extension cord
3)ThatGuy - power bars
4)Fhatuik - power bar
5)Elef - power bars

===================

Registrationz:

Singles:

1.BigRick
2.Kage
3.Matt
4.Jer
5.Tank20
6.Bam
7.Jarc
8.Vwins
9. Smashmaniac
10.Thad
11.ThatGuy
12.Fogel
13.Kryptocide
14.B-Z
15.Dylan_Tnga
16.SuperBoomFan
17.pkmvodka
18.Phrozn
19.Cbone
20.Chesterr01
21.Demon_Machine
22.RORO
23.AnimeClown
24.Nox
25.Apoc
26.TestRider
27.Fhatuik
28.Steb
29.Mark
30.Gin
31.Techiyo
32.Swordgard
33.Axe
34.Bety
35.Pikalex
36.SAUS
37.chrusher89
38.JayWinner
39.Totsugeki
40.Crimson
41.JR
42.Elef
43.Tran
44.Tect

Doubles:

1. Overkill V2.0 (Kage & Matt)
2. Team Zappa (WarrenThad & ThatGuy)
3. Team Quebec Alpha (Bam & Vwins)
4. Cinnamon Fan Club (Jarc & pkm)
5. No Mercy (Chesterr01 & TestRider)
6. JustWinForEver (Fhatuik & Techiyo)
7. BiSwingers In Heat (Jer & Tank20)
8. Aerial Cheepness (Swordgard & Rick)
9. Dmax the Hero (Dmax & Hero)

==============================

''ZOMG POOLS''

Here are the 4 pools for the next tournament. These are not final and may be subject to some last minute adjustments if some people don't show up. Pools were semi-randomly generated and ppl from the PR or from the same crew were splitted evenly between pools. Top 4 from each will advance.

Pool 1:

Fhatuik
Steb
Axe
SAUS
Nephiros
Pkmvodka
Kage
chrusher89
SuperBoomFan
JR
Tect

Pool 2:

Matt
Tank20
RORO
Fogel
Chesterr01
Apoc
Demon_Machine
Bety
ThatGuy
Mark
Crimson

Pool 3:

JayWinner
Jarc
Bam
B-Z
Animeclown
Swordgard
Phrozn
Gin
BigRick
Dylan_Tnga
Totsugeki

Pool 4

Techiyo
Pikalex
Cbone
TestRider
WarranThad
Jer
Kryptocide
Nox
Vwins
Tran
Elef

Draft Crews

We might run draft crews as a side event! I'll try to talk with ThatGuy about this and I'll give you some more info about this.

Check out the updates! More info later!

cF=)

Smash Lord
First post in what will become an epic thread.

According to Google map though, the venue is in Ontario; is this supposed to be the good location or perhaps did you copy/pasted the wrong link in your first post ?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I vote for 10 as well, even though the pot could be smaller, it's going to be an equal level of competition! And also for 10$ Im sure more people will come since its cheaper and more fun =)

Also, register Matt and I for teams and singles =) Overkill V2.0!

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
hum maybe its my lucky first tournament experience:0 I THINK I SAY I THINK since I need to make a trensfert in montreal in august ill be ok to joint and make that cool....:) and maybe ill bring a friend of mine

but the only gay thing is....the bus and wtf nvm...I can make it!!!,,,,, at last lol

cF=)

Smash Lord
Whatever cost...

YO... LACHINE REPRESENT,
YO JAMAIS TU VAS ÊTRE AUSSI REAL QUE JINGA,
PIS CEUX QUI SONT PAS CONTENT, TU PEUX PRENDRE MES TESTICULES ET LES METTRE DANS TA BOUCHE

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Yo CF should I register you or not? Your posts make it sound like your coming but nothing is sure so...

I've put the singles' entry at 15$ for now... reason why I did this is because it will improve the level of competition. Also, if the pot is really big then we could split top 4.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Sign me up for singles, if Andy is going we'll do doubles but I'll wait and see if he's actually going.
Also put me down for a cube, I may be able to bring 1 or 2 tvs depending on if I can use the car or not, but those aren't for sure yet.

cF=)

Smash Lord
I'm in for singles, and don't worry, I was just singing some Jingafly ;) No hate to anyone

I can also bring a TV, and will probably go to the venue in car, so maybe Jarc will also be bringing one or whatever. I'll talk to him about that and the possibility of giving some people a ride.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
people who are coming:
find doubles partners as doubles=awesomez

kay

if there's room i'll bring my peeess2, but doesnt sound like it.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
I will be there, as will SuPeRbOoMfAn who I will be housing for a week at my place. He's coming down from alberta and he's ready to go.

One question rick, can we still dedicate at least one TV to super smash n64? I have a console and game and controllers, Ill bring that.

Thing is Boom is arguably the 2nd best smasher online (after isai) and playing him in ssb64 is about as close as you can get to playing isai. Hes the canadian isai! xP

So... ssb64? All im asking is one tv, cuz he came all the way down from alberta.

Boom's also in for melee tournament though, dont worry xP

edit : BTW this is Dylan, im unbanned in an hour and decided to post this at my friends house.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
modded ps2>n64 smash imo

wait **** my brother's moving out next week.

**** i'll have to borrow it

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
boo ps2, boo n64. at least n64>ps2 imo
.................................\......./
..................................\...../
...................................\.../
....................................\./
................................wii+brawl

Tank20

Smash Apprentice
Hope to do good against alot of u, if not ima get my *** kicked especially by the pros, This mean i have to train big time. Looking forward to facing the new ppl, like Vwins, Dylan, Cf=), B-Z, and others. So now i need to save 31$. 11 more dollars to go yeaaa. By new ppl i mean ppl i havent faced before.Oh Rick it's me thats bringing the cube not jer, yeeeeea just lettin u know that just incase so yeeeeea byebye for now.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Hope to do good against alot of u, if not ima get my *** kicked especially by the pros, This mean i have to train big time. Looking forward to facing the new ppl, like Vwins, Dylan, Cf=), B-Z, and others. So now i need to save 31$. 11 more dollars to go yeaaa. By new ppl i mean ppl i havent faced before.Oh Rick it's me thats bringing the cube not jer, yeeeeea just lettin u know that just incase so yeeeeea byebye for now.
lol good luck vs Vwins. :laugh::laugh:

I don't think I've played you either, Im Dylan's buddy Tyler we have a smash crew with another friend of ours and my sister and we practice alot.

We're pumped for the tourney and its awesome that Superboomfan is coming down to montreal and staying at Dylans house to attend this tourney! :chuckle:

Tank20

Smash Apprentice
If i have to face any of the amazing pros like Vwins, Jarc, Or Kage,in my first match if there are no pools or anything ima fight with honor but be like omfg i know i lost this but also still try my best, and not go down without a fight.

Tank20

Smash Apprentice
He is the best ganon in canada and i have faced him before and got *****, So yea i consider him a pro. if u didnt laugh at the fact that i said kage was pro than meh my bad lol.

cemo

white walker
haha im definitely not against a n64 or a ps2 setup... just gotta check it out if that **** is possible first.

EDIT: heard that DaisyFan not comming... taking his name out.

Phen you're comming???
I can try, but no promises. :(

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Après notre catastrophique chimie en team aux tournois américains, je sais pas trop si je vais être en équipe avec chester pour le tournois, je vais devoir lui en parler, mais sinon, sign me up pour singles et doubles même si chet team avec testrider.

Je peux apporter 2 setups. :)

J'aime l'idée du 10$ entry fee, car je pourrais probablement amener du monde. Mais bon je vais voir en temps et lieux.

Top Bottom