• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stay for Breakfast: Game and Watch Interview Thread; Current: Questions for Hylian

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
What was your riskiest moment that actually worked out in your favor? The chance of you making this risky action was very slim but you just did it out of desperation or gangstacity and it just so happened to work.

Valdens

Smash Ace
You jerks better put me on the next voting list.

PGN - How often have genuine controller or movement errors in real life resulted in you losing a stock/set/match?

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'm gonna answer all the questions when Today PMs me the whole interview but

I've never lost to Cheese in tourney. Only twice in pools and once in a MM over a year ago.

I just recently double 2-stocked him.

Cheese is very good now though, as he is top 5 in NY. I'm 2-2 with him this year in total, but 2-0 with him this year in bracket.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'm answering questions that I don't want in the interview lol.

I like him as a person, I just hate when he talks down to me, when him and I both know that he has a ways to go >_>... coughloses-to-falcos-on-brinstarcough

NAKAT

Smash Champion
So my friend I am here and I shall support you.

1. What crew do you belong to (:DDDDD) and do they appreciate you for teaching them how to take a dump on other GNW's.

2. What is a Fox capable of against Game and Watch?

3. Have you ever played Rookie in tournament or do you look forward to it?

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
1. What is your favorite and least favorite match-up and why?

2. You have the ability to travel anywhere in the US for a tournament. Which state would be first in your mind to travel to?

3. In your opinion who is the most underrated player and character in the US?

4. We play in tournament, and I convincingly 3-stock you game 1 with Marth and ban RC. Do you stay GnW or bust out a secondary? What if I did it with Metaknight?

5. Are there any modifications to the NY/NJ ruleset/stagelist that you would make? Why?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
do you actually think zelda is good? <_<

do you honestly think you are the best gaw?
if not who is?

who do you think the top 10 players, no order needed in NJ/NY are?

who out of all the players youve ever played given you the most trouble?

whats your worst matchup?
whats your best matchup?

whos that random ugly chick in your avi?

do you use chapstick in the winter?

whats your favorite food?

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Which character makes you vomit with the mere thought of him? ^_^

Why don't you just time people out instead of straight up fighting (you are way too good at planking/air camping when you need to)?

Why was your set vs Orion at PolyBrawl 3 the most amazing set I have ever experienced at a tournament thus far? <3

What are your goals for MLG Columbus?

When will you start training with us all the time so that we can make you even more ****? haha

What is a herp to derp? Can I be Wes?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
1.Why'd you pick up G&W?What/Who inspired you to keep going?
2.Have you ever felt discouraged?What did you do to pick yourself back up?
3.What do you think the best mindset is for a G&W player?
4.How do you feel about G&W in singles?doubles?
5.Key to singles?doubles?
6.Summarize the MK MU please.
7.Best Neutral?Best cp?
7a.G&Ws best MU/worst Mu?
8.What do you think players aren't doing enough of when they play G&W?
9.Any specific players you hope to fight at MLG?
10. Any specfic players/characters you hope to avoid in MLG? or in general?
Edit extra MLG question: What are going to abuse on the stagelist?
11. Do you really think you're the second best G&W in the nation?why?
12.What's your top 5 G&W players?
13.Any specific players that have helped you in your smash life?
14.Any goals for the next year?Will you still be playign G&W? lol
15.Any advice for future G&Wers?
16.Who would win in a fight,you or viva?

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
7.Best Neutral?Best cp?
Edit extra MLG question: What are going to abuse on the stagelist?
11. Do you really think you're the second best G&W in the nation?why?
12.What's your top 5 G&W players?
13.Any specific players that have helped you in your smash life?
14.Any goals for the next year?Will you still be playign G&W? lol
15.Any advice for future G&Wers?
16.Who would win in a fight,you or viva?
**** mad questions. Penta got me beat. ]:

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Interview 5
Vinne

I'll try to keep this short lol. Before I got into competitive, I had a circle of school friends, and this one asian kid just camped me with falco... standing lasers, grounded side Bs... so I looked on the swf matchup thread and saw that gw beat falco at the time (lol even though we lose now), so I picked him up. Then got into competitive and it just stuck I guess.
Definitely. Sometimes I get discouraged in the loser's bracket if I lost to something stupid in winner's. Also if I have a bad day, I get discouraged and convince myself I suck :(...
Just go into a match thinking you're even with the character you're playing, whether it be a MK, Snake, Diddy... it seems to work for me, at least. When I go into a match thinking I have a disadvantage, I suck =/.
I think gw is barely viable in singles, in the fact that, everybody can lose to gw. So yes, I think he could possibly win a national. Doubles he's the 3rd best character. MK and Wario being above him, respectively.
Patience and uniqueness. Teamwork.
Be very patient, only approach if you MUST. Try to get nairs in. Baiting up b is good. Viva combo is good if they can't tech, too.
7.Best Neutral?Best cp?
Depends on matchup. In general though, I like BF and smashville... I hate FD. Best CP goes to RC definitely, lol.
GW's best matchup is Jigglypuff by far... it's like, 101:-1 lol. His worst matchup is tied for both ICs and Marth. 35:65.
They play textbook. Be unique. Also edgeguard more lol.
ESAM, BigLou, Tyrant.... lots of MKs.
Anybody who chooses Marth =(
11. What are going to abuse on the stagelist?
The fact that people are going to ban green greens against me. Yay Rainbow.
12.Do you really think you're the second best G&W in the nation?why?
I truthfully think I'm tied with Zac due to our accomplishments, placings, playstyles. I don't really view any others at my level. Not to be cocky or anything. Just my opinion.
13.What's your top 5 G&W players?
As of today, 5/31/10 (because this may change overtime)
1. Zac / Vinnie
2. Zac / Vinnie
3. Kaak
4. Okinawaa
5. Lou
14.Any specific players that have helped you in your smash life?
When I was a super noob, I asked Valdens for tips. When I surpassed him over the summer, I bothered Zac endlessly lol.
15.Any goals for the next year?Will you still be playign G&W? lol
Hopefully I won't give up :(... I want to win 3 doubles tourneys and a singles tourney by the end of the year. That's my goal.
16.Any advice for future G&Wers?
Gw isn't really a good character to pick up. Please pick up someone else, you have like 13 better options, lol. Realistically though, try to stick with character pride. Our character can beat anyone. It'll be hard, but definitely possible.
17.Who would win in a fight,you or viva?
We have done this at like 5 sleepovers... him :(.
18.What crew do you belong to and do they appreciate you for teaching them how to take a dump on other GNW's?
LOL. stpl is my crew atm. They definitely appreciate teaching them. XD
19. What is a Fox capable of against Game and Watch?
Random question... uhh... he can usmash oos the turtle iirc... they kill eachother at like 80 lol... ermm.... he's at a disadvantage but it's definitely winnable.
20. Have you ever played Rookie in tournament or do you look forward to it?
Nope, and sure, why not? It should be fun. He's good.
21.What is your favorite and least favorite match-up and why?
Favorite is Jigglypuff, because it's so hopeless for Jigglypuff, I just laugh at them XD. Least is tied for Marth and Snake because it's REALLY AGGRIVATING at times.
22.You have the ability to travel anywhere in the US for a tournament. Which state would be first in your mind to travel to?
Probably some insignificant state with bad people like Iowa or Colorado or some **** lol.
23.In your opinion who is the most underrated player and character in the US?
Underrated players... Korn, Orion, Inui, Mintyflesh. Character? Peach, gw, Toon Link.
24.We play in tournament, and I convincingly 3-stock you game 1 with Marth and ban RC. Do you stay GnW or bust out a secondary? What if I did it with Metaknight?
I'd truthfully go MK against the Marth. I'd stay gw against the MK.
25. Are there any modifications to the NY/NJ ruleset/stagelist that you would make? Why?
Yeah... little things like, all MK/Kirby + Snake teams have the worse controller port to prevent omnigaying... RC is ALWAYS a cp... and uhh ban Marth :p
26.What do you do vs Snakes? Which good one have you played, besides Ally, and how did that go?
I don't beat snakes very often. However, I beat this pretty good one about 2 weeks ago, I did a bunch of cool stuff like utilt nair juggling, dtilting his 2nd jump, and spiking his cypher.
27.Do you actually think zelda is good? <_<
If by top 3 characters in the game, then yes :p.
28.who do you think the top 10 players, no order needed in NJ/NY are?
1. Anti
2. ADHD
3. Atomsk
4. Shadow
5. Ksizzle
6. Malcolm
7. Jash
8. Ninjalink
9 and 10 go to any 2 of these players: Inui, Blackanese, Minty, Will, Myself, or Orion (as of 5/31/10)
29.who out of all the players youve ever played given you the most trouble?
Probably Malcolm. He ***** my ****.
30.whats your worst matchup?
Marth.
31.whats your best matchup?
Jiggs.
33.do you use chapstick in the winter?
erm... no
34.whats your favorite food?
Zeppoles

35.How bad do you think we're gonna **** C-bus?
0th place. Nah, realistically, my goal is top 8. I got dis :(
36.When are you gonna let me teach you to fight DK?
**** DK :(....
37.Which character makes you vomit with the mere thought of him? ^_^
dk... *sigh duck*
38.Why don't you just time people out instead of straight up fighting (you are way too good at planking/air camping when you need to)?
I really should. Idk, I just don't concentrate at times depending on my emotions, hence my inconsistency.
39.Why was your set vs Orion at PolyBrawl 3 the most amazing set I have ever experienced at a tournament thus far? <3
LOL. Well, game 1 he makes a 3 stock comeback with Falco. Then, he goes MK and I time him out, both of us at 1 stock 7%. Then, I time him out again in a 1 stock 2 minute match, 1 stock 92% to 1 stock 97%. Then game 3 goes down to the last 30 seconds; I gained a pretty good % lead with nairs, and then ran away the last 30 seconds LOL and time him out again. Best set ever.
40.What are your goals for MLG Columbus?
Top 8 hopefully. Top 5 in doubles. I really want to take out really good players, too.
41.When will you start training with us all the time so that we can make you even more ****? haha
As soon as I stop living in bumble****, Will. lol. Probably over the Summer!
42.What is a herp to derp? Can I be Wes?
1. It's a secret. 2. Yes.
43.Is Valdens better than you?
loool definitely not. No offense to him obv.
44.What was your riskiest moment that actually worked out in your favor? The chance of you making this risky action was very slim but you just did it out of desperation or gangstacity and it just so happened to work.
probably this, although pretty much any hammer would have put him in a bad position.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCq-Y0beWLY#t=2m29s 2:29
45.What do most G&W players lack?
Creativity, uniqueness, and taking advantage of dthrow.
46.What separates you from other G&W mains?
Defying my character's limit, and playing really smart while following matchup rules. I also came up with most of the stuff I do.
47.What do you need to improve?
Consistency.
48.Why did u switch your name from PGN to Vinnie, and what did PGN originally stand for.
When I first made my gamertag 3 years ago when I was 14, I made my tag 1337pgn, leet penguin. I eventually took 1337 off because it was awkward at tourneys. I never even though I'd still be playing by now, lol. Now that I've sort of grown up, I changed my tag to my first name. I have no plans of quitting in the near future anyway.
49.Why do you hate cheese?
I hated him for a while for reasons including my 8 bans from AiB and other stuff that shouldn't be made public in my interview... but I recently just made up with him and it's fine now.
50.why are we so **** in teams, Vinnie? =3
Because we has power of lolis

---------------

Thank you very much, Pgn! And thank you Penta for the help of organizing!

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Interview 5
Vinne

49.Why do you hate cheese?
I hated him for a while for reasons including my 8 bans from AiB and other stuff that shouldn't be made public in my interview... but I recently just made up with him and it's fine now.

---------------

Thank you very much, Pgn! And thank you Penta for the help of organizing!

LMAO ****ing bs

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Cant say you're equal/better than me until you get top 5 at a national (those darn tourneys that larry always shows up at) and/or come to TX and place high in our MK infested tourneys and/or beat Dojo =P

Top Bottom