• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stay for Breakfast: Game and Watch Interview Thread; Current: Questions for Hylian

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
What is your favorite starter stage?
What is your favorite counterpick stage?
What is your favorite team setup?
What is your favorite bait strategy?
Why do you still play G&W? isn't it hard?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Where would you place yourself in terms of Smashfield's best players?
What city is better for smash, Cincinnati or Springfield?
Was G&W your first character in Brawl?
What do you think is the MU for Gdub/Mario?
What do feel is your easiest matchup (character-wise)?
and finally
Who are the best players you've played (either by tiers [high, mid, low, hyrule] or by character)?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
1. What's your mindset when going to tourneys? Do you think it's better to be overconfident and have a "1rst place mindset" or do you think it's best to know that you have limits and to accept them?
2. Have you ever been discouraged and felt like quitting G&W? If so,what have you done to get yourself back on your feet?
3.What sort of advice would you tell to any new G&W mains?
4. How did you improve yourself as a player,what sort of things did you realize as you were improving with G&W?
5.Ever plan on traveling?
6.You've said that FD is a pretty good stage for G&W before,i'd like to know why you think so=p.
7.What other stages do you think are underrated?
8.Would you encourage others to pick up G&W?
9.Do you think G&W is at his peak and he can't get any better in this game overall?
10. What's your name mean?
11. Any specific players you look up to?
12. Do you think G&W is a doubles only character?

That's all i can think of xD. Might have more later.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Interview 4
Lou4222​

1. Who is your "father"? (The guy who always defeats you?)
ummmm probably my teammate, Nope. He plays snake, knows the GW matchup and he has stomped me the three times weve played in tourney.

2. Who is your "son"? (The guy who you always defeat?)
I havnt lost to a Rob player named Mr. E in over a year. he beat me the first time we played, and Ive prolly won like 8 times since then.

3. Who is your "archenemy" (The guy who you play against most of the time?)
Y.b.M for sure. Its always a fun match. He is one of the best kirbys in the nation.

4. Which is your hardest matchup?
The hardest matchup for me is either Snake or Marth. Both matchups suck terribly. Id have to go with snake though. I hate playing that broken character with GW

5. What made you play Game and Watch?
When the game first came out I can remember killing at like 80 percent with d smash. After that I was hooked. And then things like bucket braking, UP B oos, his broken glide toss, up air momentum canceling came out and I loved him even more.

6. How did you and your girlfriend meet? And how long has it been?
I met her at church and we have been together for a little over seven months. Shes the greatest

7. Do you have any siblings?
One younger sister

8. How was MLG?
MLG was the best tournament that I have ever been to. There was so much talent there, from all over the country. It was amazing to play friendlies with DSF, then get up and play someone like Havok, or Big Lou. Anyone who loves video games must go to a MLG before you quit playin competitively

9. Who was the hardest person you fought while there?
In friendlies it was probably havok. His MK was too smart. In tourney it was definitely Fatal. I lost 2-0, but had a chance to win game 2.

10. Easiest?
I didnt really have any easy matchups. I had a bye, then blazing katakiri didnt show. I lost to Fatal. Beat Ninja Ed (who was a solid diddy from the EC, beat Sky, and then lost to tearbear (chokefest). I thought I had the ability, and was in a position to beat tearbear. I would have played CO18 next and that would have been fun. O well Im still proud with how I did.

11. How many wins did you make all together?
I guess I answered this above.

12. Do you think you can place the same in Columbus just like you did in Orlando?
Better. Im confident in my GW. I honestly dont feel overwhelmed against someone unless its M2K.

13. What's your favorite food?
Pasta

14. Why do you think FD is a good stage for G&W?
Plenty of reasons. I mostly like it against snake though. I hate BF vs snake because they camp under the plats and thorw grenades. It completely limits your approach against him, and he just waits and tilts the hell out of you when you get close. On FD he cant do that. Its easy to dodge grenades because the level is huge. Also there are no plats to save him when you are juggling him. Turtle pops him up every time. When he is in the air its all a big mind game with using neutral air, up air, or charged smash attacks oin the ground. Also on FD I feel like I love longer, because bucketg braking is broken. FD is obviously broken against MK because of UP b and up airing shuttle loop and tornado. FD is great and I think you all should play it more and see if you get comfortable with it.

15. What is your favorite starter stage?
I like them all, except for Yoshiis. It depends on who I am playing against.

16. What is your favorite counterpick stage?
Norfair if its legal. If it isnt then I like Fd against MK, Rainbow against a lot of characters, Brinstar, Frigate, Delphino. It depends on the MU and what level I like that day.

17. What is your favorite team setup?
Broken Buckets. Id love to team with a Lucario, Pika, or ZSS some day. But If I cant have that give me a MK or Wario

18. What is your favorite bait strategy?
Faking people into thinking Ill do a bair, especially against MKS. If you do three Bairs in a row, the will grounded shuttle loop you next time. So ill bait that and then up air them and they are helpless at that point.

19. Why do you still play G&W? isn't it hard?
GW is amazing. Alot of people dont know the matchup. I agree if people are smart, play slow, and its a terrible matchu[ then you have no chance. But that rarely happens. I think GW has a bad rep. Hes still a great character and I wish people wouldnt give up on him.

20. Where would you place yourself in terms of Smashfield's best players?
I think we are all pretty close. I lose to Nope, go even with Fonz, I think Id beat Champ in tourney, and Id go even with Capem. We all ebat each other. I dont think we can really say who is the best out of all of us.

21. What city is better for smash, Cincinnati or Springfield?
I honestly think Springfield. We are deep. It would be a great crew battle. And it needs to happen really really soon.

22. Was G&W your first character in Brawl?
I actually played Diddy first. But that wa sonly for like 3 months. Ive mained GW for like a year and a half.

23. What do you think is the MU for Gdub/Mario?
haha 80/20?

24. What do feel is your easiest matchup (character-wise)?
Falco and ICS . I love these two matchups. I love playing Lain they are always close. At MLG I split friendlies with Kismet, beat Sky pretty good. At Pound I had DEHF to last hit. I have a lot of experience in this amtchup and is by far my favorite.

25. Who are the best players you've played (either by tiers [high, mid, low, hyrule] or by character)?
M2K is by far the best. Dekar whooped my *** so bad at Pound. Judge is really really good. ally is obviously amazing. DEHF was so smart. But whoever I have played, they are definitely considerably below M2K. That man is a machine.

26.. What's your mindset when going to tourneys?
Do you think it's better to be overconfident and have a "1rst place mindset" or do you think it's best to know that you have limits and to accept them? 1st place mindset. I think that is becaus eIve traveled and played pretty much everyone in smash. I never feel overwhelmed against an opponent and feel like I can beat anyone. Confidence is key. If you think you will lose, then you will.

27. Have you ever been discouraged and felt like quitting G&W?
Maybe against Snake. I would maybe like to play Wario more in this matchup. If so,what have you done to get yourself back on your feet? Ive never wanted to quit him. So Ive never had to gt back on my feet.

28. What sort of advice would you tell to any new G&W mains?
Stick with him, watch vids, keep playing with him and you will get better. I used to be terrible, then I learned to up b oos and little things like spacing and tech chasing. Dont give up because GW is really good!

29. How did you improve yourself as a player,what sort of things did you realize as you were improving with G&W?
I would just do dumb things. I try to slow down and think of every single move I do in tournament. I have gotten better at reaizing my opponents characteristics and exploiting them. That all comes with experience and a lot of friendlies with smashfield.

30. Ever plan on traveling?
I traveled a lot. Pound 4, MLG, and all over the MW. Ill actually probably stop because of real life. Honestly Ill probably be married in 10 months . Ill never quit though. Ill continue to go to the locals.

31. What other stages do you think are underrated?
FD and probably Lylat

32. Would you encourage others to pick up G&W?
for sure. Hes so good!

33. Do you think G&W is at his peak and he can't get any better in this game overall?
ummm possibly. I think all of his techs are figured out. But I think if a great player plays him GW can win tournaments. I plan on winning a tournement here in the MW before I quit. At least getting top 2 or 3.

34. What's your name mean?
My real name is Louis, so my gamer name is Lou

35. Any specific players you look up to?
UTD, because he was the only one of us to rep GW amazingly. He did so well at genesis, and always does amazing in doubles. I love his playstyle and have learned a lot from him.

36. Do you think G&W is a doubles only character?
Definitely not. Hes very viable in singles. But he is amazing in doubles.

I want to meet all of you at MLG. I hope you all can come! Thanks for the questions. This was fun and I hope someone can learn something from them!

---------------

Thanks a bunch, Lou! Amazing answers. (:

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Great interview!
i liked your explanation on FD xD
hmm, G&Wers hardly go on FD so maybe it can be lack of experience lol
i'll give it a shot lol.

As for our next person to interview, i think Vinnie(PGN) should be given a shot D:.
i mean he's the only other G&W that's places as well as zac._.

Cinnanmonny

Smash Cadet
Great interview!
i liked your explanation on FD xD
hmm, G&Wers hardly go on FD so maybe it can be lack of experience lol
i'll give it a shot lol.

As for our next person to interview, i think Vinnie(PGN) should be given a shot D:.
i mean he's the only other G&W that's places as well as zac._.
interview me cas I'm awsum

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'll do it. I'm over and being mad at the gnw boards I guess ._.

I'll answer all of the questions at the same time when everyone's done.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Do you find it hard playing gw on the EC, where everyone and their mother play snake and mk?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Sorry. We haven't chose a person to actually interview yet. I'll make a list and see if people want PNG or not.

1. PNG
2. Mr. Escalator
3. Amazing Ampharos
4. A2ZOMG
5. Kewl

That's our list! So choose a person you guys want from there and whomever gets the most votes will be interviewed! :'D

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
What the heck does PGN stand for?

If you had to guess, how many times have you bugged me on AIM about G&W questions/stuff?

What smash attack is your favorite kill move?

On a scale from 1 to 9 with nine being UTDZac status and 1 being UTDZac's cat status, how many judgments have you gotten? how many were in tournament?

What other hobbies do you have outside of smash?

Was G&W your first character to use in tourney?

Do you have any plans to travel to Dallas, TX and get wrecked by our Meta Knight Metagame?

Top Bottom