• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STARFURRY H: Cancelled because these are polluting my basement. See thread for detail

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Details about cancellation: so yeah, these are boring and stupid. I got really pissed off at the last one because having smash in my basement is balls and I feel like I've had a bunch of nasty **** down here now and I don't feel safe. I look over my shoulder every now and then to make sure I'm not seeing some sort of nasty smash-spawn monster crawling along the floor towards me. Do you know what that's like? If you do, get off the internet and go see a doctor, because you'll never understand how horrifying it is until smash has turned your basement into hags.

Long story short: I don't really feel like doing these any more. I'll leave the original thread up so that people can steal it and use it for their own tournament threads (hi Afro), but please credit me for it. Some credit goes to KirbyKaze for some stuffs that I stole from his thread.

READ THE WHOLE FCKING POST YOU NOOBS

Post if you are going to come. I want to know what I'm looking at in terms of numbers. If you're not on the list and want to be, please check back to see if you posted a maybe and confirm yourself as a "yes" or "no".

This is a Melee tournament. Therefore, it is strongly advised not to come to this if you are only interested in playing Brawl.

Results:
Results for the first one can be found here.
Results for the second one can be found here.

Alright, now that we've got this out of the way, I can get on to some important things, such as squealing with fangirly glee because we finally have a biweekly again! ZOMG
spoiler

First off, about food: I'm going to collect a food fee which pays for all your food, and we'll just have two designated meal times so everyone stays happily fed. Follow the discussion for more information.

Who: Grmzo of the Amazingness
Where:
When: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Yes, you have to leave then.
Why: Because I want to and I can.

Contact: likms_300@hotmail.com, or you can PM me like normal human beings

Entry fee:
Singles: $10
Doubles: $5 per person x 2 = $10 per team. Yay, math is fun!

House Rules:

1) Try not to make a mess, aka. leaving pop cans and condoms everywhere.

2) I can't have more than 20 people most of the time, and I'm going to have to limit it to 16 the first time so that my parents aren't completely overwhelmed.

3) Don't be a douche. Any form of being a jerk in general, such as discrimination or any effort in any way to make someone else feel miserable out-of-game (thought I should specify that) will result in a ban from my house and a smack in the face with a canoe. I have two huge dogs that will kill you if you do and I may be tempted to make chili with your corpse.

4) No Johns.

5) Bring your own controller.

Game rules: I'm going over things that I think people need to pay more attention to.

0) Brawl+ is banned. I don't want to see it. It's a terrible atrocity and must not be played, and you will be beheaded for doing so in my presence.

1) Items are off, life stealing is allowed, blah...you know this already.

2) Time limit is 7 minutes.

4) All sets are best of 3, except winners, losers, and grand finals which are best of 5.

5) Double blind picking is encouraged, so avoid stupid situations like this:

6) Each player may ban only one stage. You must announce your counterpick stage before you change your character, to give your opponent a chance to change theirs. You may then switch characters, and your opponent is forbidden from doing so after you do. Attempt to do so, if spotted by me, results in a loss of stock on that match.

7) Any form of stalling will get you anally ***** by a hot amazing giant ****ing gorilla. I'm not kidding, so don't try to test me on that. NO STALLING YOU SLIMY *****ES. No glitches either, or you're banned from the washroom.

8) Dave's Stupid Rule is implemented: You can use stages you've lost on as counterpick but not stages you've won on, because that would be like cockslapping your opponent with a canoe.

9) Pausing excessively or using it to break chain throws or what should have otherwise killed you forfeits your stock or, in the case of the former, disqualifications.

Rules list:

Neutral stages: For both 1v1 and 2v2

Final location
Battllefield
Yoshi's
FoD (banned in teams)
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64

Counterpick stages:

Kongo 64
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Mute City (banned in teams)*
Brinstar

Great Bay and Poke Floats are legit for teams IMO. They're on unless people object.

* Mute city is staying on for now unless it gets really stupid (which I already think it is but w/e) in which case it gets banned.

Directions:

[insert directions here]

As for driving, you can look it up on google maps easily enough.

TVs:

Setups:

Recording:

People coming:

Grmo

Smash Champion
lolololol. I want a post on the first page too.

Anyway yeah, this date is looking likely unless people has object. As in they object, not object has.

cool. explain more about this food and food fee.
Alright, basically I'll buy all the food that people are gonna eat the day before, then I'll ask people for like $3 or something to pay for eat and pop and stuff. Does that work?
I'm 5th? Why do black people always get the shorter end of the stick.

edit: **** YOU KYLE!!!
lol this thread is off to a good start. I approve. 10 internets for this.

Grmo

Smash Champion
that works depending on what the food is. i'm wondering how you'll be able to feed people for $3 each.
I don't know why I wrote 3. More like 5. Anyway, it's the same stuff that we had on Saturday, pretty much. That kind of stuff really is not expensive.
also,
you can expect the usual set up + recording from brampton when we / i come
Excellent. I'll try to get my recording done too.

Grmo

Smash Champion
If we're doing food, I suggest some kind of ultimate stew.
We should throw in the dead corpses of the american players we **** this weekend.

and lots and LOTS of sugar. dead people always taste better with sugar.
Food suggestions.
Wangs have no place in hot sweaty orgies.
You'd think that, but you're wrong.
Wangs are necessary, it seems.

Anyway, back to the topic of food. An ultimate stew would take too long, considering how much we would need and time etc. Unless everyone really wants it for some reason, but I think hotdogs/pizza/some other things/bottles of water everywhere will keep people happy. I certainly will be with that.

idea

Smash Master
burgers or hot dogs, grilled when it's warmer out. uhh...if you order pizza in large quantities, that can usually work out to about $5 per person. and yeah, more of those cookies.

spaghetti? =D

Sanu

Smash Champion
Wangs have no place in hot sweaty orgies.
Sure they do!! ;3

But uhh, talking about food is making me feel sick <_<; You can confirm me, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to come.

Grmo

Smash Champion
or samosas, mini pizzas, sexy *** cookies, and CHILI W/ A BUUUUNN

honestly grmzo your parents are amazing
burgers or hot dogs, grilled when it's warmer out. uhh...if you order pizza in large quantities, that can usually work out to about $5 per person. and yeah, more of those cookies.

spaghetti? =D
yeah, maybe. we'll talk about stuffs. my parents don't want any part of these though so it's not gonna be as good. but i mean, if they did, they what would we have to look forward to for starfurry 4?
Sure they do!! ;3

But uhh, talking about food is making me feel sick <_<; You can confirm me, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to come.
heg hag :\

alright

I feel awful today too. Can't even get out of bed.

Sanu

Smash Champion
heg hag :\

alright

I feel awful today too. Can't even get out of bed.
Yeaaahhh, I dunno why I'm even at work. I'm literally doing nothing whilst feeling terrible at the same time.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Because I love him.

I love everything about him.

I love how he's on drugs, I love how he holds his controller... his little obscurities make him an adorable and loveable character.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Yeaaahhh, I dunno why I'm even at work. I'm literally doing nothing whilst feeling terrible at the same time.
Yeah that was me yesterday. I wonder if I would have been feeling any better if I had just stayed home lol

EDIT: Chances are no more than 16 people can come to the first one. Once my parents believe that I can keep that amount under control easily, they'll probably allow more, but they're not crazy about it in the first place, so I need to count on you guys not to be horribly noisy. You guys have left good first impressions in the past.

Grmo

Smash Champion
that would only be like 5 wings per person. I think it would be a lot cheaper, however many people want to do other things for food, just to buy starfurry-ish stuff and just let people help themselves and advise them not to eat massive amounts.

idea

Smash Master
100 wings for 20 people = 5 wings per person for $2. so let's get 200 for $4 each and get cookies and pop on the side =)

Grmo

Smash Champion
QUIET, YOU FILTHY CREATURES, STOP TRYING TO OVERRIDE MY AUTOCRATIC REIGN OVER THE GTA

Well, honestly, I don't like wings, because they're usually garbage and mostly fat with disgusting **** spread all over it. I guess we can just decide what we want to do before each event.\

10 wings isn't gonna feed you for the whole day anyway. I'm thinking we'll have to all sit down and eat at two points in the day.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yeah im down for this.

food, any of the following is fine for me: burgers, chinese food, chicken, taco, sex, spaghetti for sure..
hmm i guess thats all, notice how i didnt say pizza.. i know most of you guys are tired of pizza.

really anything is fine.

Top Bottom