• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft TWO thread

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Oohh, I wasn't aware that you could skip a level and go to a higher one.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I am getting ***** on one base as Zerg but I haven't been able to FE on 15/16 and properly defend =/ Need more practice

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i wish nashun would give me advice

instead he just watches veronica mars

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
how am i suppose to be dealing with 4+ gate as zerg

i feel like i have enough roaches to fend it off, then i just get ***** by stalkers while im getting my hydras out

most of the time when i drop my changling in their base, they kill it before i can even see how many units they have

also, im too nervous to expand because i dont know where they have observers at, plus my natural just gets ***** once they decide to come in

NyTeStRiDeR

Smash Apprentice
how am i suppose to be dealing with 4+ gate as zerg

i feel like i have enough roaches to fend it off, then i just get ***** by stalkers while im getting my hydras out

most of the time when i drop my changling in their base, they kill it before i can even see how many units they have

also, im too nervous to expand because i dont know where they have observers at, plus my natural just gets ***** once they decide to come in
Early in the game, when u first scout them going 4gate by moving ur ovie there, ur plan should be pretty much to get to tier 2. leave a ling outside their base so u know once they move out, thats when u know when to start pumping army units and also put 2-4 spine crawlers in ur natural.

-if its a normal timed 4gate, you can have a general expectation of the size of the army just from the time that has passed already
-its more about the composition of units he has made that matters, as it helps with what units u need to make
-knowing when to drone and when to make army units is important, as droning too hard leads to not being able to defend the push, as making too many army slows down ur econ
-this is assuming u are fast expoing
-u should be able to get some hydras out b4 the 4gate push gets to ur base

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
whens the best time to expand? should i wait until i have a large enough mineral:gas ratio that making a hatch won't cause me to fall behind in hydras, or should it be earlier?

NyTeStRiDeR

Smash Apprentice
against protoss, zerg can pretty much fast expo on any map. just have to worry about 2gate pressure on short distances.

-fast expoing usually means making a hatch b4 u have to make a 2nd ovie. it just depends on how greedy u are making it late.
-14 pool 15hatch is pretty standard

Signia

Smash Lord
Just picked up Starcraft 2. Soon as I got home my xbox RRoD'd. I think it's a sign...

For now I've been cruising through the campaign on normal mode trying to get familiar with the new units and practice micro/macro. I'm not sure what 2gate or 4gate means but I assume it's an special order of building your base. Sounds like "build two warpgates," but then I read 14pool x.x

I hope the standard of skill on Battle.net isn't too high, else it's gonna be as discouraging as playing SC1.

Username: Signia

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
yeah, # gate just means the number of buildings

14 pool just means building a spawning pool at 14 supply

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
ive been trying to be more creative with playing zerg so i might post random **** here from time to time

first idea

this may take a while to ramp up, but how well would using the overlords load + banelings work against terran as a static defense? i haven't tried it in a real game yet, but i would assume placing several overlords full of banelings at the ramp would work really well, especially against bioball. then if you wanted to be really daring, you could get the speed boost and just rush banelings in at their workers, missles shouldn't be able to take down an overlord fast enough.

marines take down overloads like nobody's business

it'd be too inefficient since chances are you'll probably lose a overlord or two full of banelings

would work against someone too eager to attack though if he sees that there are only 5 overlords guarding the ramp

a better player would get suspicious though and probably wouldn't attack you head-on

Squidster

Smash Ace
Nah man overlords with banelings are AMAZING vs marines. Obviously you need ground support like lings or roaches but once overlords start dropping banelings marines melt.

Very few terrans can effectively split their marines vs banelings, and even fewer vs overlord carpet bombers.

Check out this game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaUZiiZ86A

Cool is amazing btw.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't know if that'd be any significantly better than getting burrow (which is tier 1 and costs less than ol drop iirc?)

D

Deleted member

ive been trying to be more creative with playing zerg so i might post random **** here from time to time

first idea

this may take a while to ramp up, but how well would using the overlords load + banelings work against terran as a static defense? i haven't tried it in a real game yet, but i would assume placing several overlords full of banelings at the ramp would work really well, especially against bioball. then if you wanted to be really daring, you could get the speed boost and just rush banelings in at their workers, missles shouldn't be able to take down an overlord fast enough.
literally everything works until you get to very high diamond

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
well for burrow, terrans always scan the ramp before running up, so they will probably get taken out. atleast with load, you don't see anything except a mass of overlords

a better player would get suspicious though and probably wouldn't attack you head-on
isn't that the point of having defense?

sidefx

Smash Champion
Nah man overlords with banelings are AMAZING vs marines. Obviously you need ground support like lings or roaches but once overlords start dropping banelings marines melt.

Very few terrans can effectively split their marines vs banelings, and even fewer vs overlord carpet bombers.

Check out this game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaUZiiZ86A

Cool is amazing btw.
what a great match

Kira-

Smash Champion
im slowly getting through the iem vods and so far i thought demuslim vs dimaga was awesome. i love the tvz dynamic and day9 and even the german commentator wasn't bad.

the last game made me laugh so hard after dimaga's banelings ***** all of demuslim's army lol

you have a great name

Kira-

Smash Champion
LOL yea that woulda been way better.

this idra vs sarens server lag stuff is awful

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
he rages too much

but i still like watching his games

D

Deleted member

i like douchely players, most of them are pretty good too

firebathero is tight back in the day even though he sux now

idras very very good and his nerd rage is funny sometimes, i think most of it is an act though

Top Bottom