• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft TWO thread

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
ughhh thats so ****ing far

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i know this is a glitch or something but it was funny

DJMirror

Smash Master
Dude Madfrog make Zerg look broken.

Terran's is gay as well.

Mango said Zerg is so bad.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Lovage, next time I'm on PsychoMidget's account, let's play! I just started playing like a 2 days ago.

Dunk was trying to cheese Kira but Kira got him back.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
you cant argue that terran isnt gay

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
maybe your the faag johnny

i heard a story from silver, where a toss rushed dt's, then base raced a terran.
toss destroyed everything with only some ground units remaining, except for 1 command center
terran destroyed all the pylons, workers, and nexus'

toss could not build, nor attack air. terran flew to a corner of the map and camped for 4 hours.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
johnny is just looking for an excuse to spout out random insults

Lovage

Smash Hero
terran isn't that gay but zerg is definitely weaker than the other races, they have so few options while terran has like a billion openings and builds they can do with success

Kira-

Smash Champion
9 out of 10 of the top players will admit that Terran has an advantage over the other two.

Top 200 in ladder as of Aug 10:

Terran - 85
Protoss - 69
Zerg - 37
Random - 9

Definite lack of representation for Zerg.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Or you simply think that Zerg is the most fun race. I bet a lot of low tier players feel the same way, because usually those who only use low tier characters in an attempt to gain recognition also purposely call a lot of attention to themselves about that fact (and usually they are not good)

Basically, those who don't act like douches to every top tier player just enjoy the game the most when they are using their favorite character. (sounds very obvious)

Also Day9 is awesome. (also obvious)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I haven't reached a point where I can blame a loss solely on the limitations that zerg has, so I'm still enjoying playing them alot. Maybe when I'm starting to get wrecked, I'll switch over to Terran and play one base and get easy wins :D

Hopefully we will see patch 1.1 give some more balance between the races.

Lovage

Smash Hero
yea iem is fukken weird i'm shocked tester and huk didn't make it out <.<

and the races are fine for 95% of people
i'm only at mid diamond so it all feels balanced enough to me
but at the top levels apparently zvt and zvp are really tough

i will say one thing tho
zerg is waaaaaay harder than terran and toss combined LOL

DunSkies

Smash Journeyman
never compromising

biching about ur race instead of getting better and outplaying the other person = u are a gay whiner faag.. 99% of the time

equivalent of mediocre falcon mains whining instead of improving

DunSkies

Smash Journeyman
maybe your the faag johnny

i heard a story from silver, where a toss rushed dt's, then base raced a terran.
toss destroyed everything with only some ground units remaining, except for 1 command center
terran destroyed all the pylons, workers, and nexus'

toss could not build, nor attack air. terran flew to a corner of the map and camped for 4 hours.
DT RUSH = u are a FUKING HOMO, YOU DESERVE TO GET CAMPED FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURS

-johnny

DJMirror

Smash Master
What's a DT Rush?

I'm serious! I'm not trolling.

I just started playing a few days ago!

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm still randoming but i think right now my best is protoss, mainly because my computer lags and protoss require the minimum unit control

terran is the best race though, so i dunno

zerg is too weak to play now, but zerg was my best in sc1 so if they get buffed up eventually (or if other races get nerfed) i'd seriousyl consider playing them too

basically i'm waiting for fate to decide my main, and until then i'm going to random to get as broad experience as possible

DJMirror

Smash Master
Zhu (He got me kinda interested in watching) , PsychoMidget (Protoss) and Kira (Zerg) got me, Connor (Terran) and MacD (Protoss) into the game. I just started playing a few days ago. I play Terran because I started playing the story mode first. (I'm on the train robbery part) I just know how to wall off and that's it. I don't know any builds except one which it's the 111 build (Build 1 Barrack, 1 Factory and 1 Starport) but that's way too advance for me to do.

I don't know what all the units from the races looks like *Beside Terran* (Kira told me look it up and study them)

The few things I'm working on it is this:

Working on building stuff faster!
Remembering Hotkeys (IMPORTANT)
Trying not to build everything!
Add a few techs

(I never know what to do so I just build whatever)

24 SVC units on the Mineral Lines
total of 6 SVC on Gas (3 Each)

Pump out SVC/Marines asap!

Supply Build Order:

6 to 8 - Pump out SVC
9 - Build Supply Depot to wall off!
10 - Build Barrack with Tech Lab to wall off as well!
11 - Build Refinery
12 - Engineer Bay/Pump out Marines asap
13 - Factory with Tech Lab or Barrack with Reactor
14 - Armory?

*After this, I really don't know what to know to do*

I also really don't know when to scout/attack/expand because I'm always feeling safe and I kept getting ***** for that so I need to fix that.

So any advices will do.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think 24 scv on minerals is too many

when you start hitting ~15-20 [on minerals] in your base, you should definitely consider expanding (if not sooner)

does the timing really work out for that build order? 13 factory/14 armory? if it's working for you, i think you need to make more scv and take a slower approach

ALWAYS get orbital command (something i'm always late on by like 2-3 mins), it makes a HUGE difference to your economy, and scans are something that are phenomenal to have

why are you even rushing to armory? some weird thor rush build? your gas should mostly be invested in tanks if you're rushing to factory like that, so i don't know if you should be trying to get upgrades that quickly (I also don't know if it's worth it to upgrade at the engineering bay if you're only building marines out of one barracks with a tech lab)

Top Bottom