• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft TWO thread

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
is there any others besides the one with the guy doing his own commentary

sidefx

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6faNfusbxD8

starts off at part 1/2 match 1, and all the rest of the youtube links to the next matches are in the description.

enjoy!
nvm its taken down already.

i have them downloaded if anyone wants. i just have to find out where to upload them from.

but theyre all over youtube. just have to find it.. theyre usually renamed to some thing else. but its quite obvious

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I do. I found the finals but I still need to watch the round of 8 and some of the 16

D

Deleted member

nexus word wars *****

better version of that car racing typing game

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
If you hit a big losing streak and feel unmotivated, dont stop playing (unless you have to). You start getting more and more warmed up until you win them all back. I try to make it a point to never go under a 1:1 win/loss record before I log off

Nashun

Smash Ace
I did that and stayed up all night.

It's also possible that, instead of warming up, you're playing worse and worse players because your ELO is going down.

Kira-

Smash Champion
who wants to do the funday monday thing

rules:

- 3v3 or 4v4
- each person must type the ONE unit they are going to make for the rest of the game. This way your opponents will know what units you are making (type in all chat)
- observers/overseers/harvesters are allowed even if you choose something else

- if you pick the basic units it will probably not get chosen. aka marauders, hydras, stalkers, and tanks will probably not get chosen. Raven/baneling/ht/ghost probably will

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
who wants to do the funday monday thing

rules:

- 3v3 or 4v4
- each person must type the ONE unit they are going to make for the rest of the game. This way your opponents will know what units you are making (type in all chat)
- observers/overseers/harvesters are allowed even if you choose something else

- if you pick the basic units it will probably not get chosen. aka marauders, hydras, stalkers, and tanks will probably not get chosen. Raven/baneling/ht/ghost probably will
i dont get it

making only ravens would suck, right?

is it like no rush 15? lol

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i think it would be more entertaining if you had a micro-map style game.

like i remember you had a money map where you could build your army/buildings in a certain amount of time and a good amount of resources (like 12 min 2 geyser, which was a lot in bw), but units were fastbuild and upgrades were immediate, then you would battle against the army your opponent built. it was really fun and was good micro practice because your management was devoted entirely to controlling your army (and you would build blind vs. your opponents so it forced you to figure out what units worked better against enemy unit compositions).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
fast expand all day every day against terran

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I think the reaper build time was enough of a nerf no? Now they are nerfing reapers in two more ways? Sounds unnecessary

Kira-

Smash Champion
to be fair i think the added 5 second build times were pretty good fixes (didn't change gameplay, minimal amount of change for just enough balance, etc), but once you start making the more drastic changes.. everything explodes

also i think we're mostly past the point of zerg being bad.. i think we need to move on to the new line of thinking: protoss being really good

Also fruitdealer in his 1st game vs liveforever
gets reaper harassed, loses drones and his HATCH, gets hellion harassed lightly and loses some drones, gets CLOAKED banshee harass when his lair is only halfway done.. and yet still wins somehow? wtf.. i mean liveforever didn't have the most spectacular play but you shouldn't get that far in the tourney and not be able to finish it from there

Squidster

Smash Ace
In all honesty I don't think the reaper even needs to be in the game as a unit and I welcome all the nerfs to it. As Idra said, its a redundant unit and as day9 said, it's only purpose is so that zerg can't fast expand with only spine crawlers.

I don't think we need to move onto thinking toss is too good, I think we can just work with what we've got for the most part.

People just choked vs cool man. ogsTop also harassed him to the point where he shoulda loss but threw the game away.

Lovage

Smash Hero
emil do you know much about lategame tvp? i get ***** when the game lasts more than 20 minutes and they have chargelots + infinite storms <.<

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
that analysis makes me feel like i know nothing about starcraft

Incronaut

Smash Ace
emil do you know much about lategame tvp? i get ***** when the game lasts more than 20 minutes and they have chargelots + infinite storms <.<
ghosts own the entire protoss race... also, thors are a beast against toss (besides immortals but with enough marine backup it gets nulled)

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
@Lovage: Its hard to say since its very situational. Before anything else try to stay even on bases with toss. If the army is composed of mostly chargelot templar you could use more emp, opt for more tanks, or throw in a few banshees. A few banshees are always really strong, and if they opt for templar first they have slower observers so you could abuse that. Securing cliffs or watch towers with tanks really hurts that army type too. Keep an scv or two in your tank group to auto-repair and throw up quick turrets to prevent observers from giving cliff sight.

The most important thing is to make sure your not hit unprepared. You have to have better awareness of where his army is than he does for yours, which is tricky since they have observers. If his army sneaks up on you storms will make quick work of you and the zealots might flank. If you know where his army is you can seige before he arrives, run in and EMP, run around to the main/expo, etc. If you have enough money you can turret sections of the map you plan on running to, so you wont run under an obs and make him move his army. I like having a control group with a raven and 2 kings to snipe obs before I push.

If high templar are bugging you and not colossi, you only need a starport with tech lab. If you start losing medivacs you could switch it with a reactor building or build another one.

Also if you ever notice there is no observer in a base/army, you can use ghosts like DTs (sounds obvious but they're pretty **** good). Snipe HTs and attack workers, or nuke if your man enough.

Kira-

Smash Champion
does anyone who plays teams a lot think it has helped them get better in singles at all

pockyD

Smash Legend
not really

playing any sort of regular SC helps your mechanics, but you won't learn the timings and game sense that are so important for 1v1s

that is to say, it 'helps', but it will never help as much as actually playing 1v1

Top Bottom