• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft TWO thread

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
im finding the day9 daily about drone timing really helpful

Kira-

Smash Champion
=(

i'm a fan of tester

i wanted him vs cool in the finals but no he had to noob it up

hopefully idra gets further this time, his builds still blow my mind, he gets so many units and good econ and fluid transitions, it just doesn't seem possible to actually do all of that but he does

Kira-

Smash Champion
hey quick question. so does 14 hatch:

- straight up lose to early 2 gate chronoboosted zealots
- can survive if you have great micro (aka ur pro)
- should be able to survive

and how much does this depend on rush distances.

so like... metalopolis close position, med position, far position

edit - also, when is your pool supposed to go down

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
sorry about the tourney, I put off doing it since I cant play SC2 on campus, but I should be fixing this soon.
If someone else wants to run it feel free.

14 hatch is hard countered by 2gate zealots. On a map like Steppes of War it's very hard to save your hatch, so youll have to wait until you get a little bit of a force going. On a map like lost temple or metalopolis you might be able to stop it if they're at the far spot (assuming you cut drones at the right time to prepare), but again the close spots are hard to stop.

13 pool 14 hatch. Pool goes down after you used all your larvae so you don't waste em.

Lovage

Smash Hero
14 hatch sucks a fat **** on steppes, you waste so much larva on lings/roaches you might as well have just done pool first

it's really good on the new maps tho, especially shakira plateau or whatever

Kira-

Smash Champion
man this game takes a lot of concentration

i was pretty sleep deprived yesterday and couldnt win anything

but i could still win teams lol

Nashun

Smash Ace
You don't necessarily have to muta. Put your 2nd hatch in base and saturate it with drones and you can use roaches to hit the pylon without getting hit by the cannon (you can do that now since roach range got buffed). From there you can just take an expo or 2 and catch up since you build drones faster or you can try to break the expo. Depends on what they do once they take that expo. Like if they 8gate you can't get your 3rd or be aggressive but teching to hydra or muta on 2base will work well against that.

If they 2port pheonix you can do a hydra timing attack or just expand if he has too many cannons.

If they tech straight to collosus you can just expand while harassing him with muta.

EITHER WAY though you need to saturate your main as soon as possible using that 2nd hatch in main.

There are all-ins you can do with roach if you don't want to take it to late-game though. Those ways dont' require the 2nd hatch until you break out.

Kira-

Smash Champion
What about the ones that just place pylons/cannons behind your expo minerals? I don't usually get contained with the double pylon, I put drones on hold there and bring another drone if that one gets close to dying

When they time the first cannon to end right after your hatch does, that's very annoying. I saw Underdark do this to Dimaga a lot, you can cancel the cannon if they cancel the hatch (save 150 minerals and still deny expo), if they bring drones to attack it they just make 2 more cannons, if they don't cancel... well then their hatch dies.

Top Bottom