• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft TWO thread

Kira-

Smash Champion
What about the ones that just place pylons/cannons behind your expo minerals? I don't usually get contained with the double pylon, I put drones on hold there and bring another drone if that one gets close to dying

When they time the first cannon to end right after your hatch does, that's very annoying. I saw Underdark do this to Dimaga a lot, you can cancel the cannon if they cancel the hatch (save 150 minerals and still deny expo), if they bring drones to attack it they just make 2 more cannons, if they don't cancel... well then their hatch dies.
oops ignore this you answered this already

told u on bnet but thanks a lot for the post

Nashun

Smash Ace
Yeah. Even if you start off behind, just remember that you can drone faster than they can probe. It's easier to catch up if you know there's going to be no pressure. Delaying the gateway means there's not gonna be any pressure until you have like 50 drones.

Kira-

Smash Champion
icic, yeah that's good, i need to drone harder when i see toss FE too. it's sounds obvious but i keep thinking i can overrun them with roaches

if anyone wants to be a practice partner and cheese me every way there is that would be awesome, yesterday's losing streak was 90% due to cheese (and one +1 atk mostly zealot timing attack which sucked but afterwards i thought was kind of neat). cannon cheese, proxy rushes, bunker rush, 6 pools, early all-ins, sooo annoying, and im bad and didnt play bw so everything works lol

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
do the choices you make in story mode matter at all?

also hard campaign is like HARD lol
the word has been watered down over the years
this ****s got me scrambling and lifting off my command center :)

hard campaign is only hard on some levels

brutal is ****ing what the ****

I heard that even some progamers can't do some levels on brutal (without upgrades)

Squidster

Smash Ace
haha i spent quite awhile on the last mission on brutal, that was tough!

The choices you make in the campaign don't matter. You eventually do every mission with the exception of 3 (at the end of each person's "storyline" you choose between 2 missions and those kinda have an impact on the story but only a little.)
At the end though you can go back and do the 3 missions you didn't do (and you need to do that to get the acheivement / portraits)

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
oh thanks

yeah turns out (for the first one at least) the only difference is which research you get
though i was like, what would jim raynor do? so i saved the people. but killing the people gave a much more starcraft cutscene :)

NyTeStRiDeR

Smash Apprentice
only unable to do the last mission without upgrades, mercs, or research. not sure if its possible. but all the other missions are possible without upgrades etc.... on brutal

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I played through campaign on brutal my first playthrough, and I had soooo much fun
blazed
. The things I had to do to survive were so fresh! Just like in multiplayer.
For example the first time I played that one level where u start with 2 firebats and 2 medics, I was like, "ok gotta move left. Lets just keep moving forward... Oh look surprise burrowed ling attack no- OH GOD THEY'RE TARGET FIRING THE MEDICS!" then I had to micro them all sick. I was really impressed with the AI

Also the last mission on brutal (air) was impossible with the upgrades I had. I was literally trying it a week or two straight before I gave up. Farthest I got was like 80% before I just got rolled over, even with the billion saves I did each time I thought I did something perfect. I went back and did ground and it was sooo much easier. But I hear the air one isnt too bad as long as you get the right upgrades there too.

Nashun

Smash Ace
It took me like 3 days to get the "only use the big explosion thing once" achievement with air and mind control. Freakin nuts.

Lovage

Smash Hero
ladder info from blizzcon:

new leagues being added

master league for top 1-2% of region and grand master league for top 200 (in the world? probably top 200 of each region)

this is sick! once you get to diamond there's not as much to work for so i can't wait to grind up to master league.

pockyD

Smash Legend
that's absolutely great

i still probably don't care enough to grind past diamond, but it's good to know that there would be a reason to

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
sen vs loner on metalopolis was a really good game

Lovage

Smash Hero
omg loner is so good
his 2 base push against sen on xel'naga was so **** i'm stealing that

vs. nexgenius just started !!!!

Kira-

Smash Champion
Q: Thoughts on yesterday's game?

Boxer: The journey here was very long, so in order to make up for the jetlag I didn't practice. I saw Fruitdealer practicing and I realized he wasn't using his full strength. He seemingly didn't play properly in his games in order to conceal his true power. Even though I wen tall out, I still lost. But I think for me this was a good learning experience.

Fruitdealer: My condition wasn't so great either yesterday. I practiced in America, but my probability of winning wasn't even 30% in my opinion. But in the game, I got very lucky, so the result was good. Also, I got to play the Boxer who I respect so much, so I had to play hard against him.
do koreans always talk this epic or is it just how it gets translated lol

either way the games were siiiiick

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
if anybody can hook it up with blizzcon vids itd be much appreciated

edit- I think the site that was showing gsl vods is down

double edit- I can play again. Hit me up on bnet

Kira-

Smash Champion
if anybody can hook it up with blizzcon vids itd be much appreciated

edit- I think the site that was showing gsl vods is down

double edit- I can play again. Hit me up on bnet
I just youtube searched, but iirc the VODs or replays will be released (or already have been)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
replays are already available here (from the main SC2 site)

I don't know if there are VODs, but that would be really nice.

Lovage

Smash Hero
this game is stressful

even when i win, long tvts feel like i'm performing open heart surgery
not sure if the satisfaction of ****** someone is worth all the stress LOL

i feel like i can't just sit down and press buttons and have fun like i can with melee or counter-strike or something

maybe i just need to mass more games to get over that feeling tho

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
is anyone gonna watch gsl tonight

fruitdealer, boxer, and nexgenius playing, though not against each other :(

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Oscar, I feel the same way alot of times. TvTs are just way too insane. I think in time our moves will become more efficient and the match-up will become alot less stressful.

I gotta disagree with you on the ****** part. Stylin on someone is always awesome/hilarious! Try to incorporate more baller stuff into your games and you'll have more fun (nukes!).

NyTeStRiDeR

Smash Apprentice
id say PvP is the worst considering its just a race to collosus. ZvZ just looks dumb, with bling battles at least until it goes to late game. TvT just seems really annoying from dealing with tanks, but theres a lot of different things that terrans can do in the matchup at least.

Squidster

Smash Ace
pvp is dumb
tvt is a really good matchup and fun to watch, but i imagine its very taxing to play

zvz is a good matchup. Ling bling has diversity in it of itself and it often transitions now into later stages. Can be a fight for air control or someone can go infestors and make it into a macro game. Very fun for sure imo.

Lovage

Smash Hero
pvp looks pretty boring and ****ty
i havn't seen that much high level zvz, but form what ive seen it looks like a very small but fun matchup

tvt is great, it was frustrating at first but once you get a feel for tank viking play it becomes really satisfying to do correctly. besides that tho there's a lot of diversity and room for creativity in that matchup

Squidster

Smash Ace
nuke -> run forward when they unseige

or attack an xpo -> nuke their path that they would come in to defend from.

TLO is cool, but he plays zerg now :p

dude fruitdealer got worked XD

Lovage

Smash Hero
fruitdealer vs. fake boxer

OOOOOMMMMGGGGGG fauxer is ****. his timing in the 2nd game was so good, even running in with 4 marines and sniping that ovie is something i would have never thought of. so impressed, i really hope the game evolves to where T can scare zergs more in the early game, cuz right now 14 hatch has been looking invulnerable at the pro level.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
why did i click!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also yeah get ***** oscar, i finally watched the most recent vod where tasteless says YEAH I WAS BORN IN FRANCE

gg

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
so anyone got links to VODs for the GSL? The greasemonkey one ive been using doesnt seem to work anymore

Top Bottom