• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft TWO thread

pockyD

Smash Legend
i have a pretty decent link for vods

not gonna post it here then have a bunch of randoms ruin it for everyone though

i can give it on aim

Incronaut

Smash Ace
isnt cool switching races?

Tester is my hero.. but that last game of King of the Beta was.. interesting... i felt if he went for the expansions instead of the army it might have been different

Squidster

Smash Ace
idra said he might go toss at MLG.

cool said he isn't switching but he'll still rage about zerg

dimaga might go terran

zergs everywhere *****ing a lot.

needsmoarlurker

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Id like to see Infestors neural parasite from underground

Zerg has very few cloaked threats in comparison with Terran and Protoss

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I hear that the game actually puts priority on the infestor for units to attack it when it uses NP

what kinda sht is that

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Id like to see Infestors neural parasite from underground

Zerg has very few cloaked threats in comparison with Terran and Protoss
that's an interesting idea...

protoss only has dark templar when it comes to threats.. and two cloaked units total the other being the observer... i think that's pretty fair

terran have ghosts AND banshees which = ****

zerg have the ability for EVERYONE to burrow, but since no one can move and burrowing in itself can't harass or do much, it's a little underpowered imo.. i think they need zerg to be able to do one more thing while burrowed

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Observers are more deadly than you think. Its hard to push when someone knows exactly what your doing

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Most people wouldn't let an observer stay in their base unless they were careless, even though not all terrans use their detection on their own base.

Observer snipes are pretty deadly.

Observers themselves are more for keeping you from being dead to banshees or DTs OMG

I wish DTs were as useful as they were in bw...but they still were pretty gimmicky then too.

Kira-

Smash Champion
if i burrow a zergling in an expansion

can they make a building there?

edit - nooooo way

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Dave thats one of my favorite strats. Especially against campy terrans. It usually delays their expos enough for me to get a nice 3 base going. Also when you get to that point you can simply send a zergling to each mineral patch and burrow, which I find far more useful than covering them with creep and risking ovie deaths.

Also that cake is amazing

@kirby- Good players know when the observer is going to be taken out and keep it in the immediate area to either go back into the base, or get intel on the position of the army. Therefore when you control the observer correctly you usually know when/where an army is heading out, which gives you a huge advantage. Also DTs are very very good in this game. They are just underused. In BW and SC2 they are only gimmicky for the lower level players.

Squidster

Smash Ace
yeah man DTs are great. I don't people (esp toss) abuse how easy it is to snipe detection in this game. I've seen terran players go ghost and snipe overseers but needs more DT + blink stalkers sniping detectors. So good.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
yeah man DTs are great. I don't people (esp toss) abuse how easy it is to snipe detection in this game. I've seen terran players go ghost and snipe overseers but needs more DT + blink stalkers sniping detectors. So good.
i snipe orbital commands to keep my DTs safe

YUP

edit: seriously though terran have so many ways of ****** stealth; scans, ravens, emp uguhughg

D

Deleted member

u have to abuse greedy terrans who mule all day

and micro like a champ when they do scan you and pray they don't kill you

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
u have to abuse greedy terrans who mule all day

and micro like a champ when they do scan you and pray they don't kill you
to bad scan is enormous and not that this is something I should be complaining about but terran players (probably not very good) who forget to use mules/scans are rewarded with stealth detection lol

xP

D

Deleted member

true but there's a certain timing near the early-mid game where terrans still wanna macro up and they'll end up having like 0 energy due to just muling which can lead to potential rapage from dts

i think way better in sc1 in terms of gaying ability though

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
First you run out of the scan, then you run back in, or send in the second dt

Incronaut

Smash Ace
i just lost five games tonight... today is NOT my day :(

goodness i suck a lot more than i thought rofl

Squidster

Smash Ace
1 DT to every xpo and one threatening their army at all times is a ***** to deal with

especially when you're sniping ravens / overseers / observers.

Lovage

Smash Hero
we were on the main stream for like 2 games

then it crashed and we watched some mediocre secondary stream

Top Bottom