• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace

Screamer.893=Zerg

Kesha.248=Protoss (xxCandyxx)

Thanks Kenny!!!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Kenrawr: It'll probably have to be Thursday at earliest, with my schedule this week. Not adding Kesha without a character code.

Zone

Smash Champion
Lol I went mass Viking (well I
Made tanks and marine/rauder too) against a Zerg yesterday. Shut down his muta so he tried to change to hydra roach banes. Killed all his overlords while hydra den was building landed half my Viking army away from hydra den to lure his ground only attack army. Went they came to stop them landed my other half and rekilled his den lol. Funny match,

Orbital into Fact Port into blue flame hellion drop ***** in TVT

really only loses to a 3-rax build semi-all-in build in which case you should have scouted it. You can also get tanks with siege really quickly or if you think he won't counterattack you can transition into cloaked banshees.

**** is too good

discuss

Zone

Smash Champion
What about normal quick banshees lol reminds me of boxer vs nada in season 2 of gsl

I mean I'm pretty sure quick banshees will make that hard to work.

nah you should have about 5 or 6 marines in your base, enough to hold off one banshee

they shouldn't have cloak out yet, and you'll be able to get a viking out fast enough to repel any further banshees, save scan for when they get cloak

meanwhile if they went fast banshee their SCVs should pretty much all be dead and you'll have essentially won the game at that point

I've actually played tvt games where we both did hellion drops. our medivacs literally met each other on the way there. it basically becomes a game of who can save more of their SCVs

shanus

Smash Hero
1 Banshee can easily kite them unless you have stim up, which I'm guessing you won't since you tech'd immediately to fact/sp

M@v

Subarashii!
last tvt played I barely saw him dropping 4 hellions near my mineral line(it was just barely inside my fog of war). i was like FUUU and sent all my workers on a bline to my marine bunker with my banshees to go after the hellions.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
I guess I'll go ahead and sign up for the next one. These are fun.
Camster 635, Terran

Just got back from a 2-week vacation though, I'm so rusty. Gonna need to do some more laddering this week.

1 Banshee can easily kite them unless you have stim up, which I'm guessing you won't since you tech'd immediately to fact/sp
you don't need to kill the banshee

you just need to prevent it from killing too many SCVs while your viking comes out

at that point you've pretty much won the game so you can just add a starport or two and go banshees yourself and end the game right there

M@v

Subarashii!
I can't kill your scvs with my 2 cloaked banshees in your base by 8:30.

Oh well I'll just kill anything and everything not in the protection of a turret.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
It would just be nice if terran or protoss could, you know, punish zerg for being guilty.

I find it funny watching so many high level tvzs and all the terran can try to do is either bunker rush(and fail 95% of the time) or try and keep up with the zerg macro, key word try.
u sir, have no idea what your talking about. step it up!!!!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Kenrawr, let's play this weekend so I'm not stressed out by like four different projects at once. :x

Quick repost.

For those unfamiliar, you sign up with your character name, character code, and race. Brackets will be seeded based on a combination of your ladder standing and points gained from the previous tournament, though seeding in this case will only determine bracket placement, not map choices.

1. Ankoku || aisight.334 || 348 Platinum (allegedly)
  2. EnigmaticCam || Camster.635 || 1712 Diamond
  3. HELP || TyrantTheory.172 || 164 Platinum (allegedly)
  4. Kenrawr || KatyPerry.412 || 613 Diamond (allegedly)
  5. M@v || Mav.945 || 1763 Diamond
  6. Pakman || Pakman.484 || 1890 Platinum
  7. rhan || rhan.667 || 727 Diamond (allegedly)
  8. SCOTU || SCOTU.208 || 1405 Silver
  9. S.O.L.I.D. || Solid.414 || 627 Silver
  10. Candy || Kesha.248 || 1821 Diamond
  11. Nashun || GRITnashun.348 || 2391 Diamond
  12. Scabe || Scabe.112 || 1873 Gold
  13. Sensei Hanzo || SenseiHanzo.445 || 451 Silver (allegedly)
  14. shanus || shanus.665 || 1481 Diamond
  15. ArcNatural || ArcNatural.328 || 1682 Gold
  16. ESOJOSE || Screamer.893 || 1860 Diamond
  17. Kira || Ardek.979 || 1134 Diamond
  18. Mogwai || Mogwai.289 || ???
  19. Roman. || fycROMAN.268 || 541 Platinum
  20. Squidster || Squidster.404 || 649 Diamond
  21. Zone || Snafu.141 || 1195 Diamond
  22. Cynan Machae || Cynan.623 || 1659 Diamond
  23. Ether || Ether.609 || 1524 Diamond
  24. Nasty_Nate || NastyNate.922 || 2237 Diamond
  25. Twig || Twig.511 || 564 Diamond (allegedly)
  26. ---
  27. ---
  28. ---
  29. ---
  30. ---
  31. ---
  32. ---

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Good thing you watched last night's/this morning's GSL matches..... oh wait.....

Also, good **** Mogwai it is just for fun =), didn't you play Sc1 though and were pretty good? Saw awhile back some Sc1 thread that you made I think....
I was competent but not good. D+ to C- range on iccup. :p. I dunno, I eventually just hit a wall with RTSs where I can't keep up with all the multitasking so I can't really bring myself to take them all that seriously because it makes me more frustrated than fulfilled by my progress.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
I lolled @ (allegedly). I'm actually a 550 bronze player who only all-ins.

Also, sweet @ another random.

WHOSE EXCITED FOR GSL TONIGHT/TOMORROW MORNING?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah SEA server but it's not filled with Koreans. I played SOLID a while ago, and he's in bronze or silver and he came really close to beating me and I was suprised with how good he was.

I'm watching TSL_Rain vs HongUnPrime. Game 1 was so good, I wish HongUn continued to play like that for the next 3 matches D: Watching the rest now.

Zone

Smash Champion
The server regions are North America, South-East Asia, Europe, and Korea.
I know I didn't say anything about Koreans I had a few friends come over from sea who were gold and easily and quickly got diamond in north America. Just sayin from what I've experienced sea server is harder than na. I don't know about other servers

rhan

Smash Hero
The rank Diamond means nothing unless you're like top 20 Diamond.

I only really play 2v2's anyway.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think a lot of it is based on game age and number of players. I placed into Platinum back in August. I doubt I could pull that off again right now. Hell, the PTR server was pretty rough when I tried laddering on it - I was getting beaten up by Golds on there.

By this point the NA server is so full of people that you can probably beat a bunch of bad Plats and hit 1800 Diamond easily due to the really high Bonus Pools. High Diamond is no longer 2000 like it was one or two months ago.

Zone

Smash Champion
True but I still think it's too easy to get diamond. I also think maybe America has more not so serious players?? My dad for example won't make more than like 20 scvs and 1 bases until he's out of money then expands.

I try to give him advice but he is satisfied with his 20 scv even if he knows he'll lose lol

rhan

Smash Hero
That is true. America is filled with "Casual" players who just play the game for fun. They really don't try to improve themselves or learn how to play the game at the best of it's abilities.

M@v

Subarashii!
it was harder than hell for me to get into diamond, mainly because i was so high in plat and kept facing diamonds. Also it put me in a new diamond division so it was probably holding me until it got made.

Top Bottom