• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

M@v

Subarashii!
I won 2-1 vs EnigmaticCam.

Game 1 was LT I won
Game 2 was steppes of war he won
Game 3 was delta quadrant I won.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
The quality of Bnet 2.0:

Went 4-1 in placement matches in 2v2's with a friend of mine.

Congratulations! You have earned the "Hot Shot Achievement"!

"Earned by going undefeated in placement matches".

I'm all for 4-1 as the new "undefeated".

Note:
My teammate got it as well, and he just got the game yesterday, so it's not like I had earned it before and it just kicked in.....

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Haha I got the Hot Shot achievement for absolutely no reason. I just played a random 4v4 and got it after the game randomly. I don't even know.

GSL started/starting today, kinda pumped for that.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
:O new placement? The reset the ladders? I'm at work and was at RoM3 all weekend. Maybe I can hit platinum right off the bat.

Tennet

Smash Champion
With the ladder reset your MMR is remembered so you will most likely get placed the same as before, just one placement match instead of 5.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Totally just realized that SWF has an SC2 thread. I really should come into the Light House more...

Anybody down for a few games? :D

EDIT: Whoops, forgot these!

Username: SkylerOcon
Code: 389

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Skyler: I'd be up for some games, though you might not enjoy it so much.

shanus

Smash Hero
I wish more toss were in GSL3, its making me consider not buying GSL3 season ticket :-\

Zone

Smash Champion
Yeah but you guys gotta understand if you're roughly 50/50 even in say gold you will probably be stuck in gold and just end up building your mmr yet not winning the right games to advance yourself up a league.

Also pretty sure you get alot more for winning than losing especially when you play every so often cuz of bonus pool system

rhan

Smash Hero
True enough..

My win/lose ratio stayed above 55% (Or so I believe) while I was in the league. Though I only got there because of 5 Racks Reaper and scrubby 2 racks 1 fact Maud/Rine/Tank push about 10 minutes in against Toss.

Only platinum league players fell for it.

These were all before the nerfs on Terran. lol

I'm truely a Platinum player really. I can't wait until the ladder resets.

Zone

Smash Champion
Lol, I'm seeing some sort of buff for you guys late game wise to help keep up macro game against Zerg, also some sort of buff to help Protoss against terran early game, not sure what they can do but something in those timings need to be done. Also i haven't 14 hatched in diamond much it almost always gets stomped unless it's like shakuras plateau.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Seems like 14 hatch is a good way of getting yourself punished by Terran or not being able to keep Protoss from FEing.

Zone

Smash Champion
Seems like 14 hatch is a good way of getting yourself punished by Terran or not being able to keep Protoss from FEing.
Yeah so many people say it's unstoppable yet I get punished far more often than not. I spent so much time fast expanding in platinum I gotta relearn 1 base Zerg into slightly delayed expansion.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
2 rax pressure can force Zerg to make lings, negating the advantage of hatch first (or outright killing the Zerg player). Proxy 3 rax is more risky, but if unscouted it definitely just wins the game. Walling the ramp with bunkers while producing from 2 rax also works, if in close positions.

M@v

Subarashii!
Was pretty successful today on the ladder. But seriously.

****. Mutas. I hate them

so.

freaking.

much.

I won the tvz im referring too, but these mutas were ****ing me in every possible hole I had. Im wondering if the guy had map hacks, since he always went where my d wasn't, but regardless, they are so freaking dumb since anything terran has that can take them can't catch them, and the thing we have to catch them(vikings) lose to mutas.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wish more toss were in GSL3, its making me consider not buying GSL3 season ticket :-\
So far it's worth it just to watch GuineaPig's protoss. The guy is creative as hell.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Was pretty successful today on the ladder. But seriously.

****. Mutas. I hate them

so.

freaking.

much.

I won the tvz im referring too, but these mutas were ****ing me in every possible hole I had. Im wondering if the guy had map hacks, since he always went where my d wasn't, but regardless, they are so freaking dumb since anything terran has that can take them can't catch them, and the thing we have to catch them(vikings) lose to mutas.
TvZ mutas should not be that big of a problem, annoying, but not game destroying. 2 Missile turrets behind each mineral line and they can't do **** without about a HUGE number of mutas, in which you probably have lost control already.

Marines and Medivacs are so effective vs Mutas, for every 100/100 they pump into harassing units, they aren't making a true ground army, in which you can exploit. This means less lings/banes at the front, meaning as long as you keep them off your scvs, you can amount a large enough army to FORCE his mutas to attack or else he loses.

The mutalisk unit is designed to be hit-and-run harassment, hence why they are so fast. Without their speed, they would be the ****tiest 100/100 air unit ever, seeing as they can never win an actual fight vs terran.

**Protoss players, please disregard all of this, mutas are soooo lame vs toss**

A general rule in RTS games:

I can assure you that the percentage of people with a working map hack in SC2 is about 0.001%, if that, so don't naturally assume just because you weren't there it was MH =(.

EDIT:
Uhh, Vikings don't catch Mutas.
I lolled. =)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Maybe if the Mutalisks are trying to attack something, but if they want to get away, then they're getting away.

Mutalisk speed: 3.75
Viking speed: 2.75

Good luck "catching" them.

Top Bottom